OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
WillRiley

Reality T.V. gives kids and adults a false viewing of life.

Started: 6/14/2014 Category: TV

OnlyGodCanJudgeMe

Pro

Reality T.V. makes everyone think that reality means going out every night and embarrassing yourself. T.V. makes it look like there are no consequences and that's how to become successful.
WillRiley

Con

Well first of all, I believe that while the things portrayed in "reality" TV are usually so out of the ordinary that most people can realize that that is not how the real world works. The people watching should be able to distinguish between reality, and the "reality" of the TV show. Also, some shows are the like that because the people in them are very rich or famous, and therefor get some what of a pass on things like that.
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe

Pro

Let me first, thank my opponent for accepting this challenge.

Think about this for a second, if you were a father, would you let your daughter watch all of the "reality" shows that portray to young girls that you can go around all day acting like a slut and drinking and having sex. Some people may not be smart enough to figure out the difference between the two. Either way, it's not fair for anyone to have to see others acting a mess in public and them getting rich for it's not how life works.
WillRiley

Con

If I was a father, no I would not let my children watch that. However, that is not relevant to the debate. You say that no one should "have" to watch something like that. No one is forcing you to watch it, that is a choice. Also, if people are not smart enough to realize that they can not break the law because of a TV show, we have a major problem.
OnlyGodCanJudgeMe

Pro

OnlyGodCanJudgeMe forfeited this round.
WillRiley

Con

WillRiley forfeited this round.
Posted by PlumberGirl123 2 years ago
PlumberGirl123
t.v. tries to stay positive so people will buy their product. It is false advertising and give people the wrong idea about reality. Its not just "my insurance will fix it"..its a lot more than that. TV sucks, lifes not about giggles and rainbows.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
I may not be able to do the last round of this debate as I am going out of town, but I believe that it can go forward anyways, and my argument still works.