James.ticknor
rangersfootballclub

Rebel flags should be banned.

James.ticknor

James.ticknor

Con

The rebel flag is a piece of history. Just because it represented the South doesn't mean that a simple flag is bad. It is like a swastica. It was on allied airplanes. (the public thought this was great). Then Hitler made it into his own. Now people think it's the worst thing ever.

It's a flag. Often it is not even in context with the South
rangersfootballclub

Pro

I think you should clarify what you mean by banned as well , do you mean banned from the public but allowed to be in muesuems etc ? or just banned altogether.

the rebel flag of the south should be banned.

I belive this because it is a sign of the support of slavery and injustice.

I also think that all other flags that support crimes against humanity should be banned. but thats for another debate is'nt it .
unless of course you belive that crimes against humanity are OK , then i understand were your coming from.

The swastica , perfect example.

I live in an area , were over 60 years ago they fought agaisnt the nazis , and thousands of people from my town died fighting them and also the town was destroyed by nazi bombs.

yet people from my area are what are known as "skinheads" defintion - rascit thugs , who belive that jewish people and so on should die and the nazi dream is the way forward.

Now why ? why would people , support the naizs after they were termend to kill there ancestors and commit crimes agaisnst humanity and murder millions of people.

i will tell you why , because they are rascit thugs who still practise being a "nazi" and sometimes kill , and i belive that rascit thugs should go to jail. if they are caught flying the gflag otuside some form of exception of an event etc , throw them in jail .

flag of the south , likewise maybe not as extrme still , anybody that flys it and belives the south will rise again etc , is supporting slavery.
James.ticknor

Con

("'skinheads' defintion - rascit thugs , who belive that jewish people.". On a side note, being Jewish is not a race, it's religion.)

(I mean banned from public schools, I apologize for the misunderstanding.)

A common miscoception is that the Civil War was based solely on race. This is false. It was primarily based on two conflicting ideas of how the government should be run. "The South Will Rise Again" is not a belief of every person who has worn a rebel flag T-shirt, I should know, because I have friends that wear them.

The flag does not show support for crimes agenst humanity, but serves as a reminder of our history and where we come from. Granted, there are group that use the flag as a symbol for racism and social gangs, however, these are radicals, and their actions should not reflect the piece of history of the Southern flag. There is always going to be a symbol for something negative, like a swastica (once used by the Allies). But when you see a swastica, you think about it's history, where it came from. The first thought in your mind is not that the person will kill Jews, the handicapped, etc.

I await your rebuttal, and thank you for accepting this debate
rangersfootballclub

Pro

oh right this changes the debate completley now ... banned in public schools only ? how can you do that they need to learn about it ... never mind.

The civil war may have had other reasons to why it started , however the leaders of the south still wanted to keep slavery and refused to take prisoners form the north if they were of african origin. or just not american at all.

The first thing i think about when i see a swastica is basically evil , sure i think about it background etc , but is'nt its background not evil ?

These t-shirts and flags i admit are worn for a bit of fun and no serious belifes , however groups that are pro-nazi still use the swastica , the KKK still use the rebel flag .

this is a debate thats hard to debate because , its hard to put a limit on what or where you can ban it.
Posted by leet4A1 7 years ago
leet4A1
"Btw, no banning this thing. Got it? No no no.

http://i128.photobucket.com...;

Cowboys From Hell FTW!
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 7 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
Btw, no banning this thing. Got it? No no no.

http://i128.photobucket.com...
Posted by James.ticknor 7 years ago
James.ticknor
You're right. Btw, you should have mentioned that we live, currently, in interacial schools and could serve as a disruption, thus limiting the boundaries of the students education. Or something...idk
Posted by rangersfootballclub 7 years ago
rangersfootballclub
any idea how many people got "killed" by a swastica ? i belive it was around the region of 6million ....
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
omg the Swastika is just the seventh symbol of the accult it isn't racist at all
Posted by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
Um the south will rise again? lol and no that isn't racist at all. I can explain if you want. But really this wasn't a good debate I didnt think so I think I vote for a tie
rangersfootballclub
maybe next time eh ?
rangersfootballclub
what ?
Posted by Epicism 7 years ago
Epicism
Slaves had "rebel" flags..
rangersfootballclub
crap sorry about spelling lol.
Vote Placed by Aziar44 7 years ago
Aziar44
James.ticknorrangersfootballclubTied
Vote Placed by Zapurdead 7 years ago
Zapurdead
James.ticknorrangersfootballclubTied
Vote Placed by Justinisthecrazy 7 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
James.ticknorrangersfootballclubTied