TheBeckettList
Wisdom8192

Recreational Marijuana Should Be Legal

Wisdom8192 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

TheBeckettList

Pro

Recreational use of Marijuana is an ever-present issue in our time. With the recent voting in this election for the use of it in various states, this has resurfaced as an important issue. This debate is short, and will center on facts rather than fluff.
Wisdom8192

Con

I do not think recreational marijuana should be made legal, this is because of a multitude of reasons for which I believe the cons outweigh the pros. I look forward to this debate.
TheBeckettList

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate, I look forward to your opposition.

My first point stems off of economic impact. Taxation off of marijuana could bring billions into each state's economy.
The legalisation of this substance would also make many different medical disorders easier to treat without a prescription, reducing the cost of the everyday person, and decreasing corporate profits. This would consequently result in lower healthcare costs. (http://taxfoundation.org...)
My second point is that of decreasing prison population. Marijuana illegalisation has been an excuse to lock up minorities for the last 50 years. Prison numbers and demographics prove this. If we want equality, we need this substance legalised. (https://www.washingtonpost.com...)
Finally, if we allow a psychoactive drug like alcohol. And we tax and regulate it. Why now marijuana?