Sara_Hayes0825
Sovcody2

Relationships Are Pointless

Sovcody2

Sara_Hayes0825

Pro

Relationships are pointless. In the end, it's only me. I'm going to die alone. Relationships just make things more difficult. I don't want to spend my life catering to someone. I don't want to be accustomed to someone else's lifestyle. Plus, when it's my time to die, being in a relationship with someone will make it harder. I don't want to put myself down and be sad because I'm going to miss that person (which I would). I want to reflect on my life with the time I had left. I want to die with relief, not sadness.
This is how I've always pictured my death: I'm in a hospital on a hospital bed. When you first walk in the door, you see a window straight ahead. If you turn left, there is the hospital bed. On the left side of the bed and on the wall, there is a large cabinet, facing the wall that the window is on. (I'm still laying on the hospital bed) To my right, there is my partner. We both know I am about to die, which is why we are there. I have minutes to live and I am saying my final goodbyes. With not that long left to live, my partner grabs and holds my hand one last time. He then stands up and begins to make his way out of the room, my eyes following him as he goes. I try to get his attention, but he doesn't turn around. I sit up and begin to cry and scream and beg for him to come back with my arms out trying to reach him. He never comes back. I eventually give up and continue to cry. All of the sudden, I remove my hands from my face and stop crying. I wipe my face and pull the hospital blankets over me and lay down and curl up with my knees to my chest. I try to relax as I wait for myself to die.

Towards the end of my imagined death, I end up crying over someone.. That's not how I want my death to be. I want to die peacefully.
Sovcody2

Con

Relationships are required to continue the species my friend.
Sara_Hayes0825

Pro

Other than reproductive purposes, relationships are pointless. Plus, with the way people are nowadays, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship.
Sovcody2

Con

This is why we should have defined WHAT WE WERE GOING TO SPEAK ABOUT.

Reasons why you should be in a relationship:
- PERSONAL HAPPINESS (Big one)
- SO YOU DON'T DIE ALONE (Big one)
- Social Stimulation
- Reproductive purposes
There's much more which I will not list, but another big one is simply that;
According to Psychology today, loneliness can take a huge toll on physical health, and by extension mental health.

SOURCE: https://www.psychologytoday.com...

Other than that, if there is something happening in your life and you need to speak to someone about your problems, I am always open for a discussion, this site is for intelligent debate, not venting.

I would like to thank my opponent for this lovely debate
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DB1// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Pro tried to make a statement first round, but it was immediately shot down. Also, Pro 'changed' her views throughout the debate.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to specifically assess arguments made by both sides in the debate. While this might suffice as an assessment of a single point from Pro, it includes no assessment of Con"s arguments.
************************************************************************
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
According to Psychology today, lack of social stimulation takes a serious toll on our health, Humans are very social creatures, we need one another.
https://www.psychologytoday.com...
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
...

Post this in the debate, not in the comment section
Posted by Sara_Hayes0825 1 year ago
Sara_Hayes0825
That's not guaranteed. I could die alone. And yes, I know relationships are required, but other than reproductive purposes, I don't see meaning.
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
Also, you won't die alone on a bed,
You'll die with family surrounding you, sons, daughters, grandsons, grandaughters, other relatives, etc.
Vote Placed by sadolite 1 year ago
sadolite
Sara_Hayes0825Sovcody2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't understand what relationships do and are for. pro made only personal reasons and left the who entire world out of their arguments.