Religion Has More Power Than The Government

The purpose of this debate is not to debate the actual topic but to se how far from the original topic me and my opponent can get the winner of this debate will be decided who can create the most unrelated topic and show how they arrived at that topic from the original topic.

I accept this challenge, and look forward to a very interesting and fun debate. I negate the resolution "Religion has More Power Than the Government". I will now show how the government has more power than religion.

My cousin, Samantha, was arrested last year because she broke a law that was set by the government, like all laws are. I don't remember why she was arrested, though I do remember that, in the process, she broke her wrist[1]. Breaking your wrist is not fun at all, it makes it impossible to write or do anything.

But breaking your wrist isn't hard, either. The wrist consists of eight small bones that are connected to the radius and the ulna. The bones come together to form joints, covered by cartilage. Ligaments hold the bones together. This gives the wrist a range of movement. When you get a fracture, you usually have to get an X-Ray.

X-rays are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which includes the visible light that we can see.

Religion has more power then the government because in times of fear people go to the church to pray and the church can tell them that everything will be fine and they believe it unlike if the government tells them the same thing because the government created so many problems this struggle between church and state dates back to the Romans.

The Roman Empire was one of the most powerful empires until its fall after Julius Caesar's death which was later made into a very successful play by William Shakespeare.

At Kenmore East High School in Miss Caruana's English 10R class one of the books that was read was Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. Kenmore East High School is the high school that Peter Allen Vogt graduated from.

Peter Allen Vogt appeared in four episodes of the popular Disney Channel show Hannah Montana.

The goal of this debate is to see who is capable of going the most off topic, so I will begin by responding to my opponent's contentions and showing how they are either related to the topic of government/religion, or to show how they are the equivalent of the arguments for my case.

First, my opponent discusses the Roman Empire, which fell after the death of Caesar, which later became a play by Shakespeare. William Shakespeare was born and died in April (1564 and 1616). April, of course, is the month in which Easter takes place. Easter logically is a time for hunting for eggs, which increases the chance in which one may break their wrist. This links back to my second contention where I discuss the breaking of wrists, which supports my side of the resolution. In addition, Easter is also a religious holiday. Therefore, since this argument can be easily linked to religion, it is not off topic.

Next, my opponent goes on to discuss Kenmore East High School. The school colors of Kenmore East High School are navy blue and gold[1], which are both part of the electromagnetic spectrum in the range of visible light that is visible to us. Therefore, this argument also supports the Affirmative case. Furthermore, Kenmore East High School, as a public school, is run by the government. Therefore, this argument by my opponent also links back to the original topic and is not off topic.

The Disney channel was launched in 1983 and is now broadcasted on live television. Televisions are typically activated the the usage of a television remote, which is held up by the wrist. Once again, this argument supports the Affirmative case because the extensive usage of the wrist results in an increase in the chance in which one may break their wrist, resulting in X-Rays, as discussed in my opening case. Also, the Disney channel was named after Walt Disney, who was inducted into the California Hall of Fame in 2006 by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Governor, of course, is a position in the government, therefore making this argument relevant to the topic of governement and religion.

I would now like to move on to my own case.

Another part of the electromagnetic spectrum are gamma rays, which can occur in bursts caused by hypernova stars. Stars generate energy through the process of nuclear fusion, which is where atoms of hydrogen are smashed together to form helium atoms.

Hydrogen and helium are the first two atoms and the lightest elements on the Periodic Table of the Elements. Every element on the Periodic Table has an atomic mass, which is its weight. If you were to examine the atomic the first 114 elements, you would find that there are significantly more atoms with atomic masses that begin with 1s or 2s than 8s or 9s.

This seems to indicate that the Periodic Table could potentially follow Benford's Law, a mathematical statement that states that the leading digit in many series of numbers are distributed in a specific, non-uniform way. 1 occurs as the leading digit the most often (approximately 30.1% of the time), and they decrease in frequency until the digit 9, which occurs as the leading digit of a number the least often (approximately 4.6% of the time). This seems counterintuitive, and one might think that all numbers should occur with equal frequency as the leading digit, but Frank Benford proved this law in 1938, and it is still accepted today.

I await my opponent's response.

MCDCBC forfeited this round.

My opponent has just forfeited the round, so I ask that Conduct be given to Con. In order to preserve balance, I present no additional arguments. I await my opponent's response in the next round.

MCDCBC forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited two of the five rounds of this debate so far, so I once again ask that you please vote for Con.

I hope my opponent returns for the final round of the debate, but if he does not, I will summarize my case in Round 5 nonetheless.

POTATO that is all.

My opponent has refuted none of my points nor defended any of her own.

I will summarize my points that I have covered as follows: government, wrists, the electromagnetic spectrum, nuclear fusion, the Period Table of the Elements, Benford's Law, and forfeiting debate rounds. As I have come up with more topics than my opponent and have come up with more off topic ponits, I urge you to vote Con.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit