Tyler5362
JeromeLivesOn

Religion Is a Tragic Misstep in Human History

Tyler5362

Tyler5362

Pro

RULES:
  • NO SOURCES! I want this to completely come from you based on your own philosophical views
  • There will be profanity
  • There were be no trolling
  • No attacking eachother
  • Enjoy the debate and Thank eachother for the debate in the last round

Religion Is a Tragic Misstep in Human History...

...I understand that some of you may be offended by that bold statement. However, it is my statement. I view human history as a tragedy. Religion (as a whole) proves that. We go through life thinking nothing besides what sins we make and how we can prove, "God (Allah, etc..)," that we are worthy to go to heaven. We judge others by their religion and not by their character. We see people who believe things differently and scrutinize them accordingly to suit our own beliefs. We judge people's sexuality to better suit what is said in a, "Holy Book," that was written by a mere mortal like you and I. How many wars are there going to be that are going to be declared in the name of, "God?"
JeromeLivesOn

Con

I'm really sorry about this - I am literally within the first ten minutes of having joined this site, and obviously did not pay enough attention to what I was signing up for. On this topic especially, I am far too strongly on the 'for' side to even begin to compose an argument. I hope my ignorance hasn't caused you too much grief and you can simply repost the debate. Apologies again.
Tyler5362

Pro

I understand. I extend my arguments then.
JeromeLivesOn

Con

JeromeLivesOn forfeited this round.
Tyler5362

Pro

My arguments on this topic is going to be extended to next round...
JeromeLivesOn

Con

JeromeLivesOn forfeited this round.
Tyler5362

Pro

I extend my arguents...
JeromeLivesOn

Con

JeromeLivesOn forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Tyler5362JeromeLivesOnTied
Reasons for voting decision: I would have awarded conduct to Con for the graceful concession, if Con hadn't run down the clock on his rounds. If you're going to concede, Con, it would be better to post your concession in your rounds so that your opponent doesn't have to wait until the clock runs out each time with a debate that's a null. I will leave conduct tied, though, just because there is some benefit to a concession like what Con posted (not that conceding is a good thing, but if you're gonna do it at least say so!). As to arguments: Well, Con conceded. So obviously, Arguments to Pro. S&G was actually quite good from both sides. Nobody sourced as per the rules of the debate. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.