MRAAJ
somerandomvideocreator

Religion: It does more harm than good. Agree?

somerandomvideocreator has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

MRAAJ

Pro

Here's my pros-cons for this argument.

issues with religion :-most wars are over religious differences
-religious texts books most likely were corrupted/distorted
-extremists misinterpret them
-it segregates and separates societies
-racism thrives
-you can be good without going to an organised congregation.
-most organisations are subject to corruption, eg child rape abuse etc.

reasons why religion helps:- it teaches morals, and helps in times of need
-can see a bigger picture, worry less about minor issues
-more charitable
somerandomvideocreator

Con

I assume that you are considering a misinterpretation of a religion as under the umbrella of religion, as most visible with your point that extremists misinterpret them. The same argument could be used to compare evolution to Social Darwinism to conclude that the theory of evolution did more harm than good.
MRAAJ

Pro

We are not discussing evolution or social Darwinism, lets stick to the impacts of religion. Could you identify the positives religion has done, and can u honestly say it outweighs its cons.>?
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
"Ignorance: lack of knowledge or information."

Who is the one with one source?????

Its quite important for you to get a last word in edgewise isn't it?! I wouldn't expect anything less from a low level narc like you.None of your debates are authentic.

You have bored me now, go back to your psalms and wank like every other man does on this god damn planet. For you are not better than us.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 3 weeks ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Autistic_Spider ;
You cannot claim intellectual maturity, THEN deliberately ignore that you KNOW, that there IS a Historical claim of God, Heaven and Hell, that you ARE AWARE that you ARE designated to go to Hell because of unbelief, AND be to stupid to checkout if any of it is true. That is oxymoron by definition!

And yes MRAAj, you are ignorant! .... just sayin.
Posted by Autistic_Spider 3 weeks ago
Autistic_Spider
Religious belief substitutes for critical thinking, which suppresses intellectual development and maturation and is the primary cause of the 'sheep' phenomenon we see in social psychology. There's really no debate to have, "religion does more harm than good", is a true statement.
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
One more thing, I am definitely not ignorant, i'm na"ve at worst, but through experience, research of a mixture of religious context, and education itself, the message is clear, you can find god in your soul, not through an organisation, because they use fear, n I know ardent churchgoers like yourself find that difficult to expect, i'll keep emphasising this until u follower' can respond in a coherent manner,
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
defiance *
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
Moreover, back to the point freethinking, can you honestly not say religion thrives under fear. Examples the muslims used to/still do use fear to force people to convert (islam or die), likewise read up on the crusades. Undoubtedly the one with the strongest army gets to tell the story. Sikhism developed out of deviance from Islamism, had we lost, our perceptions would be totally different. See what I mean about religion itself and not god in this debate. I'm not blaming anyone, just tell me what good religion does (in comparison), don't think u can Follower'.
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
you're*
Posted by MRAAJ 3 weeks ago
MRAAJ
i'm not atheist or a non believer @FollowerofChrist1955. Neither am I discussing god mate. I'm talking about the concept of religion. You rant is just random! I'll ask again can you tell me how religion itself as a concept does more positives, in comparison to negatives. Again you talk about a psalm verse, but do not understand bibles can be manipulated through misinterpretation n distortion/perception. Go ahead n diss my mother, its not even relevant. Can you not have a decent debate please son
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 4 weeks ago
FollowerofChrist1955
The Debate like all Religion debates where nonbelievers and atheists discuss the matter is bogus, exceptionally flawed and useless overall. Why?

Prejudicial, bias is evident throughout the entire debate! Go read it for yourself? Nothing about God at all. MRAAJ, develops no evidence that God is involved. He speaks exclusively of MANS (emphasis) actions! The entire subject is BLAMED (emphasis) on God that is obvious, however absolutely NO EVIDENCE (emphasis) is given that SHOWS (emphasis) God in actuality has anything to do with the actions at all!

I mean a moron can kill a Doctor at an Abortion clinic and BLAME God, but that doesn't mean God had any involvement with it. Just some Dude, acting a fool and people like MRAAJ looking to Blame someone for his own warped thinking! You people (MRAAJ) simply must stop using God as your scapegoat!

Show us Gods actual involvement IN ANY (emphasis) of the actions your pointing out? Some evidence of DIVINE intervention that is provable? I mean it's God here, that we are talking about ... God created the Heavens and The Earth, if HE WAS INVOLVED (emphasis) there certainly would be some evidence, of Gods involvement! In the Biblical days, GOD LEFT EVIDENCE (emphasis) evidence!
2 Kings 19:35
That night the angel of the LORD went out and put to death a hundred and eighty-five thousand in the Assyrian camp. When the people got up the next morning--there were all the dead bodies!

So show us evidence that God was involved or stop blaming God for your imagination! Show proof God IS responsible. Prove that it wasn't just people acting stupid? Your blaming God and God certainly doesn't have anything to do with you? Do I go blame your Mother that your out here acting a fool on the internet, making false and unproven accusations against your God? No, because your Mom has nothing to do with YOUR ignorance does she? Same goes for God, He isn't to blame for stupid people!
Posted by MRAAJ 4 weeks ago
MRAAJ
I agree that religion enforces moral compasses at any early age, however religion is intangible, ie freethinking suffers in a strict religious household, for instance, say if I were to agree with Islamic ideals in a Christian household, conflicts would naturally arise. Furthermore, there are studies that say religion and education level directly oppose each other (average-correlation wise),