lmeyer
royalpaladin

Religion Should be able to be practiced on public school property

lmeyer

Pro

With in recent years, since 911 there have been talks about allowing the practice of religion on public schools for the purpose of teaching the youth of America toleration. Since the 911 attacks, Muslim children have been attack in their classrooms being called "terrorist." The psychological damage being done to these children due to the fact that religious toleration is not taught in our school is great. Since it is up to the parents of young children to teach them acceptance, but let's face the truth most parents do not teach their young children toleration of any kind. Thus the hate crimes that we see in the news everyday. As a future teacher my hope is that if children are taught toleration and do not learn from society or through their peers toleration, that we can create a more accepting society as our youth grow.
royalpaladin

Con

I accept and negate on the grounds of separation of church and state.

However, my opponent needs to be more clear about what this resolution specifies. Children can already pray on public school property as long as the prayers are not school sponsored. Since my opponent is advocating a change, I am going to assume that she is arguing that school-sponsored prayers should be permitted. If this is the case, then I negate.
lmeyer

Pro

My apologizes this is my first debate. I was not specific. So to answer your questions. I am for prayer lead programs that are sponsored by schools to teach students toleration at a higher level that was is currently being taught. With the supervision of trained staff such programs of understanding and education may be much more effective. The federal government need to implement programs to change current social issues. It needs to start some where. I am hoping that such programs would educe students to help by encouraging the change with in their homes and families.
royalpaladin

Con

No problem. Do you want to restart the debate so that we can actually have one now that we both know what we are supposed to be discussing? I think it would be pointless to continue to post in this debate, so we should just agree to tie it and have another one.

Would you like to instigate it, or would you like me to instigate it? Keep in mind that you can challenge specific members to debates, and I would definitely like to debate this with you.
lmeyer

Pro

lmeyer forfeited this round.
royalpaladin

Con

This was not a debate, people. Please do not vote.
Posted by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
@Mhia Not allowing them to do so violates the constitution. Besides how does them praying hurt you or violate anyone else's rights? I do not see how praying is showing favortism to religious people.
Posted by Mhia 5 years ago
Mhia
It's irritating if you don't believe in God to see these people praying on a school property. Allowing them to pray relates in part to favoritism, for the majority of people are, in fact, religious. For the people who aren't, such as myself, we do not enjoy seeing the stupidity and outright foolishness of these students praying. There's a place for you to do that called church. If you need to pray at school, do it in the bathroom.
Posted by royalpaladin 5 years ago
royalpaladin
Children can already pray on public school property.
Vote Placed by Greyparrot 5 years ago
Greyparrot
lmeyerroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter-vote bomb by 16k Adams..
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
lmeyerroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol had to vote