Peacewab23
Koopin

Religion~ The Christian God is not real

Peacewab23

Pro

Its easy to see that the Christian God it not real. while having gone to church my entire childhood I still remain unconvinced. They talk about everything to do with Jesus and his beginning and his end and his resurrection but where did their so called God come from? The Bible says he was always there in existence made by nothing meaning he has always been. they also say he has no human form not a body nor mind yet he thinks talks and creates. taking the morals that the Bible tries to put out there- Respect your parents, don't lie, don't murder, don't steal ectt.. it seems like a bedtime story a parent would have made up years upon years ago. a story that people were made to believe was true so they would act accordingly out of fear of eternal damning to the lake of fire. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
Koopin

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

My opponent claims that the Christian God is not real because he was raised in church and was not convinced. This statement is very far from proving that God does not exist. For example, I could be raised from birth being told that the sky is blue and still do not believe it. This does not change the very fact that the sky is blue.

I will not touch on the subjects of the "stories" you have listed until you give me verse reference. Please provide the references in round two, then I will be able to answer you better.

I look forward to your response.

Let me remind the audience that my opponent has not yet proven that God does not exist.

Peacewab23

Pro

To ask for a difinitive answer would be inpossible to give. if we could have positive answers we would know for sure that God exists or does not exist. But we cannot create anything from nothing nor thing without a brain mind or body. How can God exist then if we cannot create something from nothing out of nothing when there is only nothing and nobody to create? how did God come to be and if he is god why would he not have given signs of shown himself to us so that we would beleive and be beleivers and live by his rules and if there is god then why dosnt he fix some of the bead things if he is the merciful caring almighty god the bible makes him out to be why dosnt he help us out?
The ten Comandments are:
1-you may not love anyone or anything more than you love god
2-you may not worship anything other than god
3-you may not swear
4-you should have a sabbath
5-honor your parents
6-you may not hate
7-keep thoughs and actions pure
8-You cannot steal
9-cannot lie
10-cannot want
Do theese rules not look like osmething your parents would say to keep you out of trouble? it seems more like a bedtime story. " Remember Jhonny...... Or You will go to hell where all the bad boys and girls are. Sleep tight"
Koopin

Con

I thank my opponent for posting her next argument.

You have still not proved that God does not exist. In order for your resolution to be complete, you must do this.

You have simply put out random questions about God, and failed to provide the verse references I have asked for.
However, I will do as best I can to save this debate.

You claim that WE cannot create something from nothing, you are correct. Of course, WE are not the Christian God.
You are probably getting the idea of nothing before God from the book of Genesis. God made sure to tell people that there was nothing before Him. Now, you say that this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible. I will now explain how God can be the first.
The answers to your questions can be found in the first verse of the book of Genesis (first verse in the bible). It states:

"In the BEGINNING God created the heavens and the earth."

Here you can see that God was the beginning, God made time therefore there was no beginning before him.

Two make it simpler for you to understand, here is an example.

I raise my left hand at 12:30 PM, then my right hand at 12:31 PM. Since time does exist, you can see that before I raised my right hand I raised my left. There is no before and after if there is no time, therefore there was nothing before God. There are many other speculations about this, but this is the simplest. Either way, this part of your argument fails to prove that God does not exist.

You ask why God does not simply give us signs to prove his existence. The reason is that he wants us to follow him because we want to, not because it is the 'logical' choice. If God showed up and said, "I AM HERE! FOLLOW ME OR YOU SHALL GO TO HELL" Then everyone would follow him because they have to. Jesus even told the demons to be quiet when they were talking about him being the Son of God. He wants us humans to have faith in him. This part of your argument also fails to disprove God's existence.

Your last argument of it seeming like a bedtime story has nothing to do with your point. I could say the same thing about evolution! Once there was an organism who wanted to be a human. Then one day after waiting a long time, BAM, human! This does not prove that evolution is false. The reason the bible may seem like a bedtime story is that some parents like to tell their kids stories with morals in it. The Bible is full of them. And yet again this part of your argument fails to disprove God.

I look forward to your response.

SOURCES:
(1). http://bible.cc...
Peacewab23

Pro

I repect your point of veiw but i would like to point out that no matter what we do we will not fully be able to determine if god is real or not. as you can tell from my point on this arguement i am not a big christian person and do not plan on spending my day burried in the bible looking up verses. what i am saying is that the reasons that you are talking about are completly unrealistic. the bigh bang theory makes much more sence but there are also flaws. i cannot prove god dosnt exist i am just pointing out the flaws in the reasoning that the bible gives for god being real.
Koopin

Con

You yourself admit that we will never be able to determine if God is real or not, yet your resolution is The Christian God is not real. You have failed to refute my arguments and instead simply call God unrealistic. I accept your forfeit.

I would like to thank my opponent and the audience.
Posted by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
any man who argues weather or not god exist is shure to lose due to the fact that they do not have any biable information to do so
Posted by DvisionX 6 years ago
DvisionX
This was one horrible debate. One can not argue the existence of a god, if said god is believed to exist. God does exist because he is believed to exist. Cogito ergo sum -- I am; therefore, I exist. If a person has to argue to existence of god that is already proof that he does exist. Creation versus Evolution would be a valid debate. Debating the existence of the unknown is not. This debate should not even be considered valid, and should be nullified.
Posted by jarob903 6 years ago
jarob903
Is this the long lost proof of God???
Posted by sherlockmethod 6 years ago
sherlockmethod
Peacewab,
Welcome to DDO. You lost this debate from the start as you left yourself with an impossible position. Koopin took it because he knew you could not show with any certainty that the Christian God does not exist, as Pro you had to do that to satisfy the burden. Next time try something like "Belief in a Christian God is unreasonable" or something similar. You will find tons of God debates on this site so look them over and try those resolutions out, but please note that many of us take two to three days to respond and do so with a plethora of sources.

B/A: Tied
Conduct: Koopin knew that Pro was new, but Pro did not provide requested material: Tied
s/g: nothing important
CA: Con
Sources: Con
Posted by Peacewab23 6 years ago
Peacewab23
Well...?
Posted by Peacewab23 6 years ago
Peacewab23
No. And are you going to continue this?
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
I kinda figured that out. Are you 13?
Posted by Peacewab23 6 years ago
Peacewab23
...? im confused
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
... yeah
Posted by Peacewab23 6 years ago
Peacewab23
Im not trying to spend my entire day with this i just want a good natured argument
Vote Placed by TayJay13 6 years ago
TayJay13
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by THE_OPINIONATOR 6 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by tjordan 6 years ago
tjordan
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by Valtarov 6 years ago
Valtarov
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by DvisionX 6 years ago
DvisionX
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by ChuckHenryII 6 years ago
ChuckHenryII
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by Comrade_Ulyanov 6 years ago
Comrade_Ulyanov
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by dmarais 6 years ago
dmarais
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by Strikeeagle84015 6 years ago
Strikeeagle84015
Peacewab23KoopinTied
Vote Placed by jarob903 6 years ago
jarob903
Peacewab23KoopinTied