drago88
Areeba

Religion and the Existence of God

drago88

Con

I will be arguing against the existence of God and against religion in general. The Pro argument should be a believer in God and the institution of religion.
This will follow the standard 5-round debate format:
1. Acceptance/Good luck
2. Opening Arguments
3. Refutations
4. Second arguments
5. Final refutations/closing arguments.
Areeba

Pro

God exists and this is a fact. It could be seen by many of his blessings. Any thing that occurs in this world for example the flowing of rivers,the wind and most importantly the formation of human beings and all the other living things is the work of ALLAH ALMIGHTY. We cannot just ignore all the hints given to us by HIM. If you think about it you will surely agree with me..
drago88

Con

In every religious debate I've ever heard, the believer inevitably points to the things around us as being "proof" for God's existence.

The existence of God is a fallacy perpetuated by the longest-running human tradition: religion. From the beginning of modern humans' existence, we have tried to explain the things around us by telling stories about this god and that god doing this and that. All of this was before the development of modern science that explains everything with empirical evidence, none of which involve a god. If God has revealed himself to us through his creations, he certainly didn't do a very good job. Without the propaganda of religion being fed to us as children, we would look at everything around us and say something along the lines of, "Nature is beautiful." In this modern age of science, we certainly wouldn't turn to stories of an invisible man living in the sky to explain everything. We would turn to what can be proven in science. Now, science doesn't have all the answers. But that's okay! We don't know everything and we will freely admit that. Religion encourages arrogance by letting people pretend that they have answers they really don't. If God really wanted us to know he was there, I'm sure he would've made it a bit more obvious than some easily-explained scientific phenomenon like rivers and wind.

I believe that the very concept of religion is holding back human progress toward peace. More people have been killed in the name of God or because of religion than for any other reason in history. Just look at the Crusades, 9/11, the modern Middle East (which is ironically still trapped in the Dark Ages), etc. If religion didn't exist and we all decided to embrace the empirical nature of science and we abandoned this thought that a book written by human beings contains all the answers we could ever ask for, we as a species would take a giant step forward in ridding the world of war and society of intense conflict and persecution based on religious beliefs.
Areeba

Pro

Areeba forfeited this round.
drago88

Con

drago88 forfeited this round.
Areeba

Pro

Areeba forfeited this round.
drago88

Con

drago88 forfeited this round.
Areeba

Pro

Areeba forfeited this round.
drago88

Con

drago88 forfeited this round.
Areeba

Pro

Areeba forfeited this round.
Posted by Installgentoo 3 years ago
Installgentoo
I LOVE how the pro side thinks things can be proven by science when that's the complete opposite of what science actually does.
Posted by drago88 3 years ago
drago88
SeekTruth: I'm pretty sure even without religion we would've arrived at the conclusion that we shouldn't kill each other and we shouldn't take each others' stuff. In the absence of religion we would still have a moral code, there would be a lot less violence in the world, and we'd be much farther ahead as a species.
Posted by SeekTruth 3 years ago
SeekTruth
You speak of Morality and the Conduct of Humanity will call it a Moral Code of society, this has been established threw religion judicial system whatever it may be correct. My question is what brought it about in man to incline towards good moral conduct a good attitude being kind compassionate is it just becomes he felt like it .... By the Soul and the order and proportion He given to it, And its Enlightenment as to its evil and its good (of the soul), Truly he succeeds who purifies it , he fails who corrupts it. Chap 90 verse 6-10 Holy Noble Quran
Posted by ngowans8 3 years ago
ngowans8
I agree entirely with Drago88. Humanity is entirely responsible for the creation and perpetuation of "God" if there where some physical evidence of his (or her) existence then surely with the 7 billion logical human minds on this planet, someone would of found some irrefutable scientific evidence of this. The facts are
1- We know how vast the universe is, if there is a god, do you really think he'd be watching you or me and not working on some other pet project millions of lightyears away?
2- Whats more likely? we're the result of billions of years of evolution created from the natural elements and forces surrounding us, or some guy on a cloud magically waved his hand and "made" us
3- If "God" did exist why are millions and millions of men, women and children of all religious faiths dying of malnutrition, cancer, TB, HIV, Hepatitis, Maleria and countless other life threatening illnesses. did these poor third world people not appease your god enough? Because personally in the UK healthcare is not too bad and people are much less likely to die from these things despite there being an all time shortage of religious worshipping going on.
Posted by Installgentoo 3 years ago
Installgentoo
I feel sorry for people who don't believe in God. Believing that all our lives are ultimately futile must be hard for them.
Posted by drago88 3 years ago
drago88
I apologize for not being specific in my position. The resolution I am arguing for is as follows: God does not exist and religion is a hindrance to society and the human species as a whole.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
I am praying for you. Hopefully god will quench the fire when you fall into hell.
Posted by RyuuKyuzo 3 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
Point of clarification: What is the exact resolution you're arguing?