valentinoooo
GenericUser1026

Religion exsist and God is above all and nobody can prove me wrong open challenge for you guys.

GenericUser1026

valentinoooo

Con

god exsist and i challenge any denier about this truth.
GenericUser1026

Pro

NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL VOTERS: The way the first argument is structured makes it clear that we are actually debating over the motion: "This house believes that people can prove religions aren't real." I say this because, despite being on the "con" side of the argument, he is clearly supporting the opinion that religions are concrete in their being correct. I am therefore on the "pro" side of the amended motion, earlier in the post.

ARGUMENT:
I believe that you cannot prove that religions are correct, because there is no solid proof of this.
People quote the Bible as proof of the Christian God's existence, and therefore, the validity of the Christian faith altogether. However, the Bible could easily have been a fiction book written by a syndicate of authors who released it into the public. There is no solid proof that the events detailed in the Bible actually took place, or that the things it insists didn't happen (either by not directly mentioning it, or by denying it outright) didn't. In fact, there is a vast variety of proof for things such as the evolution, life and extinction of the dinosaurs, for example. People quote the Theory of Evolution being proof that science can't disprove Christianity, since it is only a "theory". This is a common misconception. Just because something is a Theory does not mean it is wrong. Darwin's Theory of Evolution is widely held as scientific fact, the reason it is not named as such is simply because nobody has been able to actually travel back in time and see the dinosaurs evolve over the course of the hundreds of millions of years of its existence.
Because there is no proof that the events detailed in the Bible, for example, actually occurred, there is no way to prove the validity of any faith that relies on a holy script with unproved events. Therefore, until one can travel back in time to 4004 BC and witness the famous "And Let There Be Light" from Genesis 1.

I acknowledge that this opinion will prove unpopular for a large number of readers, but I urge you to judge fairly.

I rest my case for the first round and await the opponent's rebuttal.
valentinoooo

Con

1-When did We the humans know that the earth is round in shape.
Answ is 300 to 500 years back
2-when did we know how does the baby form in the womb of the woman?
Ans is 300 to 500 years back
3-when was science actually known ?
Ans is lets say around 800 years back
Well now lets talk a look at the noble quran which is much older than all of the above and makes around a 1500 years old
Of we read it we will clearly read how the baby develope in the womb of the woman amd how the earth is shaped science approves yet it was known before science in hundreds of years.
in the book of jacob which dates 2500 years back you can also see exactly how we are made and what we made of and how we developed in the womb of our mothers. This proves that there is someone who knows whatever there is between heaven and earth and by him we are all created
GenericUser1026

Pro

There is a large difference between a thing being written which is later proved to be correct, and a person knowing a thing, writing it down, but not being taken seriously until it is proved by others.
I could make a prediction about some of the planets in the universe, and some of them would turn out to be right - that does not mean I must have had divine intervention in order to get it right. Somebody not knowing the answer to a multiple choice question in a test, guessing D, and getting it right, does not necessarily mean he was guided to the right answer by a divine hand. It is possible to be correct without knowing it.

Additionally, if you look in the night sky (and are in an area that isn't particularly light-polluted), you will see the stars move - albeit very slowly. Throughout the course of the night, they will move in an arc from one spot to another. Potentially, this is the type of orbit talked about in the Qur'an. The quote you have used is too vague to decipher whether it meant orbiting around in the night sky, or orbiting around the center of galaxies. If I said that there will be an outcome when I flip a coin - and it will either be heads or tails, I will eventually be proved right - when the coin is flipped. This is an analogy for the argument you have put (albeit in the comments section); Heads is orbits around the night sky, Tails is orbits around the center of galaxies.

To summarize, just because something is predicted before it is proved right, especially if the prediction covers all possible outcomes, it does not mean that the prediction was helped by divine influence. Coincidences do occur.

Thank you for reading this debate, and I hope you vote fairly.
- GenericUser1026
Posted by Andrea39 2 years ago
Andrea39
The way you worded your debate topic was stupid. DI'd u think God would back you after misrepresenting Him like that??? Duh! I am a Christian and I would agree that the contender clearly won:( ugh I'm tired of bad representation. And they were all so patient with you even though you acted ignorant and prideful:( bad for my man the instigator
Posted by Andrea39 2 years ago
Andrea39
Again I am a Christian and I would agree that the contender clearly won:( ugh I'm tired of bad representation. And they were all so patient with you even though you acted ignorant and prideful:( bad for my man the instigator
Posted by valentinoooo 2 years ago
valentinoooo
Well all i can say to you is congrats for winning you seem like a reapectful man and yout got my respect. But man dont waste your life not believing in god. My friend i gain nothing from convincing you to believe in god but I say to your profit.
I am a muslim, a lover of god and his prophets i follow the quran and from it i learned the rules of life. This book has tought me to respect, love and treat others. When you read this books you see in it a guidence it tells you to make charity and feed the poor it tells you that all people in this world are brothers and violance is never accepted after all we have a verse in quran that says, you have you religion and i have my religion. This means let us all live in peace.thank you
Posted by GenericUser1026 2 years ago
GenericUser1026
Thanks to everyone who has voted so far, and for their heart-warming comments.
Currently, everyone = 1 person.
Clearly, I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I. I'll post a full reply summing up the debate and my reactions to peoples' comments as soon as the voting period has ended (Thursday 19th).
Posted by GenericUser1026 2 years ago
GenericUser1026
I have placed my final argument, you can cease if you want, since you cannot say any more in the debate.
Additionally, it is always nice to have the last word in a debate, so what you say cannot be rebutted.
Posted by valentinoooo 2 years ago
valentinoooo
There are about 200 billion galaxies in the universe, consisting of nearly 200 billion stars in each. Most of these stars have planets, and most of those planets have satellites. All of these heavenly bodies move in very precisely computed orbits. For millions of years, each has been "swimming" along in its own orbit in perfect harmony and order with all the others. Moreover, many comets also move along in the orbits determined for them.

The orbits in the universe do not only belong to celestial bodies. The galaxies also travel at enormous speeds in computed, planned orbits. During these movements, none of these celestial bodies cuts across another's path, or collides with another.

Surely at the time the Qur'an was revealed, mankind did not possess today's telescopes or advanced observation technologies to observe millions of kilometres of space, nor the modern knowledge of physics or astronomy. Therefore, at that time, it was not possible to determine scientifically that space is "full of paths and orbits" as stated in the verse. However, this was openly declared to us in the Qur'an that was revealed at that time:-because the Qur'an is the word of God.
I can continue providing you with proofs until you ask me to stop so tell me when you believe highness of the god
Posted by valentinoooo 2 years ago
valentinoooo
While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit.

"It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "
(The Qur'an, 21:33)

It is mentioned in another verse, too, that the Sun is not static but moves in a definite orbit:

"And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. "
(The Qur'an, 37:38)

These facts communicated in the Qur'an have been discovered by astronomical observations in our age. According to the calculations of experts on astronomy, the Sun is traveling at the enormous speed of 720,000 kilometers an hour in the direction of the star Vega in a particular orbit called the Solar Apex. This means that the sun travels roughly 17,280,000 kilometers a day. Along with the Sun, and all planets and satellites within the gravitational system of the Sun also travel the same distance. In addition, all the stars in the universe are in a similar planned motion.

That the entire universe is full of paths and orbits such as this one, is written in the Qur'an as follows:

"By the sky full of paths and orbits."
Posted by valentinoooo 2 years ago
valentinoooo
Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Johnson said in the presentation of his research paper:
"Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science." (View the RealPlayer video of this comment Video Clip)
Also he said: "As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write."
Posted by valentinoooo 2 years ago
valentinoooo
My arguments are based on the quran,bible and the torah those are the holy books and the proves of god exsistence. If you do not believe in religion this means you believe science and vice versa and i can proudly prove to you that even science which is 800 years proved the knowledge of the quran which 1500 years old.
Posted by GenericUser1026 2 years ago
GenericUser1026
Please note: I'm currently at work, and will be able to continue the debate in around 10 hours.
Thank you for your patience.
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
valentinooooGenericUser1026Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made numerous errors in spelling and grammar. Pro's argument about the ambiguity of "prophecy" and the fact that any collection of random predictions will have some correct but pure luck gets him arguments.
Vote Placed by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
valentinooooGenericUser1026Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even is cons points were accurate, they do little to prove a God.
Vote Placed by bsh1 2 years ago
bsh1
valentinooooGenericUser1026Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins. His argument about the coin flip effectively rebutted Con's arguments re: the Quran and Pro's delivery was far more professional, readable, and organized.