drewredli11
dwright

Religion - god may not exist

dwright

drewredli11

Pro

I believe that a higher power exists. I belive that we evolved from apes. (I belive in science and the theory of evolution.) I think that more proof has to be given to make the theory of "God" true. We need hard facts. Hard proof that something exists and that we didn't just come up with the religion of Christianity and God because we needed something to belive in times of hardship.
dwright

Con

There are countless arguments for God's existence, but being a transcendent being it is very hard to find 100% proof of his existence.
these argument include, but are not limited to: the anthropic principle (that the universe allows human life as we know it to exist), fine tuning of the universe, the moral argument (the fact morals exist) and the first cause argument (that God is the eternal cause of the universe)
drewredli11

Pro

I belive that a higher power exists. But I'm not sure that it was "God" who created the earth. I believe that we evolved from apes. Unless someone can show actual proof other that "we found this and it seems like this from the Bible." Because I don't believe in the Bible or god. And there is proof of evolution for example how complex an apes brain is compaired to our own.
dwright

Con

This sounds very much like Deism.
The Bible has asserted itself to be a historical document, and archaeology has shown that virtually every ruler and figure in the Bible was an actual person, as well as Jesus.
Secondly, there simply isn't any adequate theories that could explain the Resurrection story, as we know that there are 4 points.
1) Jesus died
2) the tomb was empty
3) the disciples said they saw him
4) the disciples were changed and went out and risked their lives

there are so far no accurate theories other than the biblical narrative that can account for these 4 points. The literal account of the resurrection is technically the only thing that you need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, as everything else follows suit.

P.S. Evolution doesn't account for the origin of life and how complex mechanism like the bacteria flagellum could develop blindly
drewredli11

Pro

I see what you mean. My opinion has always really been on the fence about things like the creation of earth. I can see your point and the legitimacy of it. I want to thank you for your opinion and say that it is valued. Thank you.
I enjoyed debating. Have a great day. :)
dwright

Con

That's alright :)
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Mharman// Mod action: NOT Removed<

4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: From pro's Round 3: "I see what you mean. My opinion has always really been on the fence about things like the creation of earth. I can see your point and the legitimacy of it. I want to thank you for your opinion and say that it is valued. Thank you. I enjoyed debating. Have a great day. :)" I know a forfeit when I see one.

[*Reason for non-removal*] Votes on conceded debates are not moderated so long as the voter awards more points to the side that did not concede.
************************************************************************
Posted by Supremefatdj 10 months ago
Supremefatdj
Well there are no concrete evidence that the Big Bang theory is real or if evolution is real.
You may use fossils. But did you know that the Bible isn't written by one person. It is a series of collections and letters written all over the timeline, yet it all connects with one another and references each other. How are Matthew Mark Luke and John all have similar stories of Jesus Christ, yet none of them met each other to talk about it. Luke was even a gentile, a non-jew.
What if , have you considered the fact, that most of the ape-like fossils are either decayed bone or actual ape fossils and not humans.
If you believe in the Big Bang, what caused it all of a sudden, what are the chances, why isnt it gonna happen again, what was before the Big Bang, what created matter
You may say "What created God?" But how can someone create God. The very def. of God is that He is all powerful and almighty. Whoever created God would be God and therefore the point of "Who created God" is invalid.
how did races/ethnicity appear. How did everything just come aplace. Other religions can't explain.
How is it that the Bible is the only religious book that can explain.
Also did u know that the Bible said in Isaiah that the Earth was round. No other religion said so. Even scientists back then thought the sun revolved around earth and all but the Bible dissproved that.
Lastly, The creator of the Big Bang Steven Hawkings HImself tried disproving God with this theory. However in the BIble it says that even Science proves God's existance. This is right. Steven Hawkings actually found that the Big Bang theory can prove GOd is real.
Now he is tryihg to disprove his own theory
Posted by dwright 10 months ago
dwright
I think I might have to prove God exists
Posted by d-baiter 10 months ago
d-baiter
So you believe God exists or not?
Posted by Max9 10 months ago
Max9
Also who has the BoP in this debate?
Posted by Max9 10 months ago
Max9
There is no conclusive evidence of a God, or any specific religion.
o/ agnostics
Vote Placed by JimShady 10 months ago
JimShady
drewredli11dwrightTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with the Con before this debate, and I agree with him still, so that's why gets those points. Conduct, grammar, and sources are all tied, but more convincing arguments are brought up by the Con. He gives 3 reasons for God's existence, and Pro merely states his belief without explaining it. Also, in the final round, instead of arguing further, he says "I see what you mean", and that's kinda like giving up. Victory for dwright in my opinion.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
drewredli11dwrightTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro appears to concede the debate in the final round.
Vote Placed by Mharman 10 months ago
Mharman
drewredli11dwrightTied
Reasons for voting decision: From pro's Round 3: "I see what you mean. My opinion has always really been on the fence about things like the creation of earth. I can see your point and the legitimacy of it. I want to thank you for your opinion and say that it is valued. Thank you. I enjoyed debating. Have a great day. :)" I know a forfeit when I see one.