lord_megatron
harrytruman

Religion has become a force of hatred

harrytruman has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

lord_megatron

Pro

I will be arguing that religion segregates us and is becoming a force of hatred, whether it be the backlash against muslims, or calling Hindus "infidels". While it may have been good before, now it has been corrupted and doesn't serve its purpose of spreading peace and harmony.
harrytruman

Con

Backlash against Muslims? Excuses me? If there were a bunch of neo-nazis, people wouldn't like them, why? Because they are Nazis! y think that they're bete than everyone else and that Jews should be killed. So the guys who believe that you can beat and rape your wife and kill indfidels and murder Jews, people dfont like their beliefs very much? How racist.
lord_megatron

Pro

Nazi discrimination is also bad. Race, religion, caste, nationality, they have become perpetrators of hatred as well.
Plus, not all Muslims are murderers, otherwise they would all be in jail and would have been apprehended.
Religion is dividing us. We must find a solution to it. People everyday fight over their imaginary Gods and kill in their name, even though nowhere it is written that their Gods desire so.
It's like saying since Hitler and his army were terrible people, aliens can judge humans and declare us guilty.
And hindus are not infidels.
harrytruman

Con

1 out of every 8 Muslims are in prison, Muslims account for 1% of the population but 10% of the prison population. And their Quran orders murder, so yes it is written. If they don't kill imfadels, they aren't Muslims!
And no, its more like when Hitler was committing the gaulocaust so we put Nazis on trial. No one said Hindus were infadels.
lord_megatron

Pro

1/8 does not account for 8/8 of the Muslim or prison population. Plus, no sources for your point.
The Quran is the book written by a drunken man (according to me). The language structures and contradictions at every point suggest that the author or the source of information was massively drunk. Plus, not every Muslim has read the ENTIRE QURAN, and not every muslim follows their ENTIRE LIFE PRINCIPLES by the Quran. People say some of the Muslim states are have a low education rate, then how would they read the Quran?
Whatever religion you follow, if your religious head orders to kill without logic, will you follow? I think not. Even if the religious head justifies killing, not EVERY civilian is mad enough to go into a frenzy for it.
Furthermore, Muslims just had bad luck. Suppose instead of ISIS, some Christian-based terrorist organization was formed. Then what? I see myself imagining a CSJS (Christian state of Jesus Christ) and they killing people saying that they were the people who executed Christ and they were giving holy retribution.
Plus Hitler's army doesn't account for the entire human race, but in your logic it should.
In this logic, 1/7 billion speak English. If all the terrorists speak English, kill them all, even the normal people!

Con has provided no evidence that religion propagates peace. All he has done is justified hatred against Muslims, but frankly speaking that has just strengthened my point. Everyone makes an attack on each other's religion, and every believer thinks their idea of God is superior or true. The Holy wars waged in the name of Christianity in the past are far too many, and there have always been many riots and fights upon religion.
As an atheist, I personally know how much we have to suffer just because the majority are believers, although I managed to convert a few to agnostics or to their personal opinion being atheist but they being forced by their parents to adhere to their religion. If there be a world without religion, without race, without nationalities, then perhaps we would have an end to this force of hatred. But we know that is not true. We humans are too creative in this aspect, and will find another point to insult people upon.
I don't know much about Hitler and the wars, all I know a lot of people died and Hitler lost. Yet the wars shouldn't be considered the defining trait of the human race. Suppose if the aliens declare the human race guilty of perpetuating chaos, and not give us their tech, would you feel it is a fair decision?
P.S. what is an infadel? I take it as an alternate spelling to infidel. The British used to say that Hindu Gods were not real and Hindus were infidels. Even today some Englishmen have the audacity to call Hindus infidels.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
a hatred of religion has become its force!
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Nevermind then :/
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Considering debating. I'd recommend adding definitions of "religion," "hatred," and "force." Also, please put up a format for the debate, so we don't break it unknowingly.