JimmyBoJangles
TBR

Religion has had a positive impact on the world

TBR

JimmyBoJangles

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Opening Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Closing (no new information)
TBR

Con

OK. Ill take this.
JimmyBoJangles

Pro

Alright Tim, thanks for accepting.

Historically, religion has been a way of establishing a moral code for a society. If you look at the basic elements of all religions you see some sort of way of keeping order and making sure people are nice to one another, whether it be the concept of karma in Hinduism and Buddhism, the way that Confucius describes a healthy superior to inferior relationship in Confucianism, or the five pillars of Islam. Without these moral codes, societies would run rampant with rapists, and the world would never have expanded to the place it is now.
TBR

Con

Religion is the belief and worship of a god. For this debate to have any meaning, pro must provide some proof that belief has provided a positive impact. While I am not attempting to make only a semantic argument, even if it could be proven that individual followers of any religion had positive impact on the world, it would have to be shown that they as individuals would NOT have had that impact without religion.

It would seem a low bar to pass, positive impact, but it"s not my job to prove the resolution. Religion, the belief, or particular system of faith and worship, has enumerated morals as pro mentioned. The genesis of any morals could be argued, but I will play along with the common notion of the believer that morals are handed down from a God. If that"s the case, the believe in a God, the religion, and the individual believers has nothing to do with the good works of any moral. That is, any positive impact from moral code are completely apart from any religion.

That the "Without these moral codes, societies would run rampant with rapists, and the world would never have expanded to the place it is now." is, within the context of the debate question, either saying the morals are not a product of a God, or as I would propose, completely man made, and would be build and accepted out of conscientious with or without religion.
JimmyBoJangles

Pro

Tobester, my life has been positively influenced by religion and so have countless others. Also, if there no religion, rapists would run rampant.
TBR

Con

"Tobester" - Well, first, I gave you my name since you wanted to use it. Uses it, not just whatever you feel like.

"my life has been positively influenced by religion and so have countless others." - Waiting for you to prove that.

"Also, if there no religion, rapists would run rampant." - There is notihng in this debate that shows this statement in any way.

I have little doubt that pro and countless other religious people THINK that their religion has been a "positive impact on the world". I extend my argument that regardless of what positive impact the religious want to attributed to religion, those same positive impacts would happen without religion.

Untill I am given a point to actualy rebut, I am sitting tight.
JimmyBoJangles

Pro

Tobes, please un-clench your butt cheeks and be inviting to the lord. However, maybe keep your cheeks clenched if you block the rapists that would be running wild if it weren't for religion.
TBR

Con

What a nice Christian way to round out this debate. Personal insult, bastardizing my name again, and to round it out, a rape joke.

What pro didn't manage to get around to this last round, or the round before that, is a point. I would have assumed there would have been plenty of meat on the bone for pro to choose from to back his assertion. I guess I was wrong.

Religion has NOT had a positive impact on the world.
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
Yeah sure.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
I'm sure you could Varrack. I think I would like to. In a debate now I am putting a fair amount of thought into. Later?
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
Hey, it's not my fault some people can't debate.
Posted by KonstanBen 2 years ago
KonstanBen
Hey, I don't appreciate your negativity towards Jimmy.
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
@TBR - I would be willing to debate you on this. I can construct a much better case than this noob.
Posted by Pase66 2 years ago
Pase66
This is possible the greatest debate I have ever read. Especially that end, though.
Posted by JimmyBoJangles 2 years ago
JimmyBoJangles
Lol meat on the bone, nice one Tobingles.
Posted by KonstanBen 2 years ago
KonstanBen
#JedBartlettForPresident!!!!
Posted by Fascist_Ferret 2 years ago
Fascist_Ferret
Success
Posted by rextr05 2 years ago
rextr05
Fascist, Not skeptical of someone that evades questions & ignores the opposing view. I have addressed every one of your comments in fairness & expected the same w/o positive results. & even tho I have asked you to quit writing to me cuz of your ineptness of dealing with debating & facts, as you only deal in your opinions, which are never backed up by reliable sources, please refrain from writing to me. You only know how to deal in opinion, misconception, & browbeating. As I have stated b4, quit acting like a 5th grader, grow up & ....... Good bye & good luck.
Vote Placed by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
JimmyBoJanglesTBRTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro destroyed his own case in the fourth round by insulting TBR and making a rape joke, thus proving that in this case, religion has not had a positive impact on the world. Thanks for making Chritistians look bad, Jimmy. As my pastor said, "Most people aren't Christian because they met one." Even Jesus said to love others, (ie not making rape jokes to others.)
Vote Placed by debate_power 2 years ago
debate_power
JimmyBoJanglesTBRTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never fulfilled the BoP, which was on him. Conduct goes to Con, and not to Pro, because of Pro's insult in the last round along with his incessant mocking of Con.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
JimmyBoJanglesTBRTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was rude in round four, so conduct to Con.