DarkerThanBlack
Dan4reason

Religion holds a Piece of the Truth

DarkerThanBlack

Pro

Yep, so I will attempt to prove my point that religion, or at least these five, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism, each carry a part of the truth from a Agnostic theist perspective. The first round is merely for acceptance, introduction, position, and claim. Thank you.
Dan4reason

Con

I will try to show that these religions while having some good ideas for conducting our lives do not have any truth when it comes to the supernatural claims they make.
DarkerThanBlack

Pro

I probably should have specified. We would have the same argument if we started. My bad, if you still wish to debate, we might as well do it in the next two rounds for a different or maybe closely related subject. Your call.
Dan4reason

Con

Dan4reason forfeited this round.
DarkerThanBlack

Pro

DarkerThanBlack forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Con

Dan4reason forfeited this round.
DarkerThanBlack

Pro

DarkerThanBlack forfeited this round.
Dan4reason

Con

Dan4reason forfeited this round.
Posted by DarkerThanBlack 4 years ago
DarkerThanBlack
True, but I've run into some people that argue all religions are wrong, regardless of what they teach. But yes, perhaps this wasn't the greatest idea for a debate.
Posted by Dan4reason 4 years ago
Dan4reason
Not much of a debate. Unless you are a satanist, of course you will agree with some of the statements made about life philosophy by many of these major religions.
Posted by DarkerThanBlack 4 years ago
DarkerThanBlack
That the five religions I mention, while not being able to prove God exists, all contain parts that life is truly about, including the meaning and purpose of life. For the debate, it is a given that the each religion's God does not exist. That would be the basis of what I am debating. An opposing argument would be that all religions are blasphemy regardless of what they teach.
Posted by Dan4reason 4 years ago
Dan4reason
Could you please specify exactly what you are arguing?