Copenator_Debater
theawesomeperson

Religion in Public Schools

Copenator_Debater

Con

I know that most of Americans do in fact believe in God, but does it give them the right to express that in Public school? I get that they have the right for freedom religion, But I don't agree that they should allow this in schools. I heard that some schools allow the staffs to express that, but we also have exchange students that come hear in America with different religion.
theawesomeperson

Pro

I accept the challenge.
For religion, I assume you are speaking of Catholic? Or any religion in general?
Copenator_Debater

Con

I am talking about teachers expressing any of their religion in the class to their students. it shouldn't because some exchange students could be offended by that action.
theawesomeperson

Pro

It is the exchange student's choice to come to a different school in a different country, so they should be aware that it will happen. Also, it's OUR country! They are froma different country, so we should celebrate OUR religions and they have no right telling us not to.
Copenator_Debater

Con

I agree, but there it is illegal to express their religion in school. Weather or not he/she is from a diffident school, teachers cannot make it seem like you can only express a certain religion in the school, or anywhere else on that matter. In America, there is a freedom of religion, but there are some restrictions that apply to that. You cannot make anyone accept a religion that they do not want to accept.
theawesomeperson

Pro

theawesomeperson forfeited this round.
Copenator_Debater

Con

Copenator_Debater forfeited this round.
theawesomeperson

Pro

theawesomeperson forfeited this round.
Copenator_Debater

Con

Copenator_Debater forfeited this round.
theawesomeperson

Pro

theawesomeperson forfeited this round.
Posted by Copenator_Debater 4 years ago
Copenator_Debater
I haven't been able to get on for a lack of time. I have been busy with school and wrestling.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Con didn't even present an argument.

*Facepalm*
Posted by Copenator_Debater 4 years ago
Copenator_Debater
This is about teachers expressing their religion to the students in their class.
Posted by EvanK 4 years ago
EvanK
What's the premise for this debate? That students can express their Religion in schools? Or that Religion can be taught in school? Just want to make sure, I may accept this debate.