drewwaddell
Rwicks

Religion in the Middle East

drewwaddell

Pro

I want to know if people think that the 3 main monotheistic religions is what causes most of the conflict in the middle east
Rwicks

Con

6 month voting period? wow.

Is religion the cause of turmoil in the Middle East? No. There are plenty of multi-religious societies and nations around the world where you don't see the turmoil you see in the Middle East. I would argue that it is intolerance, a lack of education, and repressive regimes/dictatorships that are the main causes. Religious groups and governments that preach exceptionalism, such as orthodox Judaism or Wahhabi Islam, leads to intolerance, which then leads to conflict. But I do not believe that it is religion itself that is the cause. It is leaders using religion as justification for their power grabbing.

To make a long story longer, it is my belief that it is religious and political leaders who preach exceptionalism that is the cause of turmoil, not religion itself.
drewwaddell

Pro

drewwaddell forfeited this round.
Rwicks

Con

It's Christmas, people are busy. Merry Christmas everybody!
drewwaddell

Pro

drewwaddell forfeited this round.
Rwicks

Con

I like pie.
drewwaddell

Pro

drewwaddell forfeited this round.
Rwicks

Con

Rwicks forfeited this round.
drewwaddell

Pro

drewwaddell forfeited this round.
Rwicks

Con

Rwicks forfeited this round.
Posted by Rwicks 2 years ago
Rwicks
Hi Jesus, nice to know you've made a Debate.org account. I would really like to debate you on what "my teachings" means! Yes, really. You seem amazed or unaware that for 2000 years people have been killing in your name.

Also, Jesus, I love how you sum up a world's religion in 30 characters or less. Now that you have thoroughly disproved Islam to be false I guess we can all live in peace from now on.

"Judaism is based, basically, on the Torah or Pentateuch: BELIEVE IN & OBEY YOUR OMNIPOTENT GOD!
(how could anybody not? )"

Because besides some musty old scrolls that were written thousands of years after the events in which they supposedly recorded occurred, there is no proof of Yahweh's existence.

"Islam, by definition, means submission to the will of God. There is no such religion as submission to the will of God.Since people have been Refusing all along, Islam has to be False."

Wut I dont even.... There are at least 2 or 3 logical fallacies in this statement. Just because you believe you have disproved Islam does not mean Islam is wrong, or that any other religion, by definition, is right. It's like saying Christianity, by definition, means acceptance that Yoshua of Nazareth was the messiah and that only through believing in the virgin-birth and that Yoshua died for your sins can you go to heaven. Since there are 4 billion people on this planet who do not believe that, therefore Christianity must be false.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Trying to blame all the conflicts in the Middle East on 3 religions?
Really?
Here's some base data:
Christianity is, or should be, based on my teachings:
LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Judaism is based, basically, on the Torah or Pentateuch:
BELIEVE IN & OBEY YOUR OMNIPOTENT GOD!
(how could anybody not? )

Islam, by definition, means submission to the will of God.
There is no such religion as submission to the will of God.
Since people have been Refusing all along,
Islam has to be False.
Posted by YassineB 2 years ago
YassineB
@1Credo >>>
How so?
- If there was no Islam, there is still gonna be 1,000,000 dead Iraqis subsequent to the War on Iraq carried out by American Troops, which was motivated by the quest for Weapons of Mass Destruction, which as far as I know don't have particularly anything to do with Islam.
- If there was no Islam, there is still gonna be, also consequently to the war on Iraq, at least 200,000 dead Syrians by the hands of the Assad Regime, which as far as I know is a political regime & not a religious one.
- If there was no Islam, there is still gonna be a 100,000 dead Palestinians/Lebanese/Jordanians/Egyptians consequently to the Occupation of Palestine by the Zionists.
Posted by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
@YassineB

I'm talking about the fact that there would be no conflict in the Middle East if there was no Islam.
Posted by YassineB 2 years ago
YassineB
@1Credo you're talking about the 1,000,000 dead Iraqis killed in the War on Iraq, the 300,000 dead killed in the Syrian Civil War, or the 100,000 killed by the Israelis ?
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
Is this a question or a debate?
Posted by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
I'd say it's 1 of the 3 that causes the heavy majority of the conflict.