Pillowface
AizenKnaik

Religion is an excuse for violence

AizenKnaik

Pillowface

Con

Should religion be an excuse for committing acts of brutality or any form of violence against animals or people?
AizenKnaik

Pro

Religion should be an excuse and exception in committing violence.
Pillowface

Con

Pillowface forfeited this round.
AizenKnaik

Pro

Con has forfeited this round. But still, I'm going to post my argument to support my claim.

Religion aims to uphold peace between people. Also, it tends to inculcate the minds of its followers for the best. In addition to that, religion doesn't intentionally promote violence. Because of that, whatever violence will be committed regarding religious strife should be an excuse. Nowadays, wars are almost always caused by religion. People have different ideologies and beliefs and they want to win the war so that their beliefs and ideologies will be uphold. The aforementioned war almost always turns out to be a bloody one. There are a lot of innocent people being killed. But of course, they don"t intentionally want to slaughter those innocent people. Their strong belief is causing them to not care of other people; thereby, causing them to kill lives. In Islam, however bad a dilemma appears to be for as long as it"s been done for the sake of God, then it's still acceptable and even better.
Pillowface

Con

Pillowface forfeited this round.
AizenKnaik

Pro

Violence in religious perspectives

Qur"an (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Qur"an (4:76) " "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah""

Genesis (9:15-16) " "God gave power to the Pharaoh so that he could show off his own power by killing him."

Genesis (10:2) " "God wants to be remembered forever for the mass murder of little children."

See? It was even stated in some verses of the Holy Qur'an and the Bible. That is, sometimes, violence is necessary and humane for as long as it is done for the sake of the Almighty. People committing violence for the sake of God are even rewarded in the hereafter. Have a thought on that.
Pillowface

Con

Pillowface forfeited this round.
AizenKnaik

Pro

No more arguments! Con has forfeited almost all of the rounds. You should definitely vote for Pro!
Posted by Pillowface 3 years ago
Pillowface
I don't see violence as indirect as you say so. I do however agree that most wars are fueled by the power of religion and the authoritarian mindset it has on the beholder (some religions more than others). If you look at religions such as Catholicism and Islam, religions on two sides of the world, they have some of the same traits in the past. Catholicism still killed thousands of people through inquisitions and the like, rooting out those that did not believe what they did. Torture ensued. Murder spread. Why? Because the believers thought what they were doing was right. Does this make it OK?
Posted by AizenKnaik 3 years ago
AizenKnaik
I really want to post my argument but seems like con is having a hard time posting his. And I have a feeling that by the time con forfeit the round, the allotted time for me to post my argument will end as well. How I wish con will be able to post his argument even on the last hour. I don't want this debate to be useless. I accepted it because I thought it's a bit challenging. CON, PLEASE POST YOUR ARGUMENT NOW.
Posted by AizenKnaik 3 years ago
AizenKnaik
@demonlord343 of course I'm not serious. I have no choice but to defend the side I picked. And after all, con has given his opponent no chance because he's the one who made this topic and he got to choose the obvious side where chances of winning is high. But of course, I'm not going to let him win. I have a lot of arguments that's why I accept this debate. Just saying.
Posted by demonlord343 3 years ago
demonlord343
If Pro is serious, I just might cry...
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
Should religion excuse mental abuse as well? "Your going to hell". "Homosexuality is akin to bestiality and necrophilia" "Gun to my families head, if asked to renounce Jesus I would say pull the trigger" "I will not allow my child to be of this world, meaning no outside influences or culture" "My child will be indoctrinated into my belief and will not get a proper education because it contradicts The Bible" "Atheists are immoral and live for nothing" "I am the elite that rests at the hand of God while the majority are scum of the earth" and my personal favorite "God is love" that one gets to me every time I hear it! because I'm not seeing this so called "love" from its followers!
Posted by RiskTaker 3 years ago
RiskTaker
I'll take you up on this. :)
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
PillowfaceAizenKnaikTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits, points pro.