lord_megatron
swayamprakash

Religion is becoming like a business

lord_megatron

Pro

It is the reason why I disliked religion and questioned it.
swayamprakash

Con

Bro, I dot know what are your intentions be on this topic but I may be formulating the topic and the challenge seriously. I consider this round as for the acceptance round so i would not pose any serious arguements here . But here i would like to say that you are exploiting religion in one way or the other and that also means you are against God. One thing is that I do not mean in the existence of God but I believe him as the only existence for whom we are here . He is responsible for the Human existence and Religion is one of that . Nowadays Religion has become one of the most respectable concept among humans due to which they distinguished themselves.
lord_megatron

Pro

This debate is not about the existence of God, but the fact that religion is being used as a business strategy. Here are some products that sell due to religion-
1. Religious books- The Bible, the Quran and the Bhagavad Gita have achieved record sales throughout the world. If that many math textbooks were sold instead, everyone would be good at math. The Bible, Quran and Bhagavad Gita are printed in mass amounts and give a lot of profit to the publishing industry.
2. Artifacts/trinkets- We all know the Christian cross has sold a lot as an accessory. Lockets depicting images or symbolic items related to religion have sold more, and furthermore have the same manufacturing cost as normal lockets but sold at a higher price.
3. Gods' statues/idols- The Statue or painting of Jesus Christ is common in every Church, and sometimes a miniature model in the believers' homes. Religion greatly increases the business of photo frames, statues and idols. When you have a mini-transformer, its an action figure, but if its a god, its an idol? Why?
4. Candles/diyas, matchsticks and oil- Hindus and Christians use candles/diyas to worship their lord. This increases consumption of oil, and boosts the wax industry. I would say it is rare to buy candles these days except for special occasions, only religion has kept the art alive. Also, matchsticks or lighters have increased sales as they are required to burn these things. While I won't argue it causes pollution, it certainly is a great wastage of oil and other materials.
5. Fortune tellers- Some fortune tellers rely on religion to establish their credibility, as they claim that God themselves have given them word. Without religion, their business would finally be shut down.
6. Festivals- Festivals such as Christmas and Eid cause a great spike in sale of many items and boost business. While people need to celebrate, it is also a business strategy to revive dead shops.

Con may argue that all/some of these things have religious meaning and are a part of tradition, but that doesn't negate the fact that a side-goal of religion was business, and that as time passes, it is becoming one of the main goals. All the workers employed in religious jobs (priests, pope, sages) need money to survive, and this is their way of earning money.
swayamprakash

Con

You have mentioned in your point 1 that the record selling of religious books such as Bible, Bhagavd gita , Quran, and many other books ? They are profitably sold because for the people , as they are lethargically behaving nowadays and feel very lazy to go to the religious places to offer their prayers nowadays . Therefore the publishers of these books are in a mood of making profits nowadays , therefore they take the books for sell in the markets nowadays . This has created a gap in religion for which it is unincidentally exploited and with the same happening for the artifacts , Diyas and festivals . I want to end my arguments for this round here .
lord_megatron

Pro

People are not lazy, they have jobs to do and don't have time to waste on religious prayers. Plus, why weren't the books' free version uploaded online, and these holy books cheaper than most? Instead, these books have a price much higher than novels that are lengthier and make more sense than it.
Con hasn't rebutted my arguments for other products. Vote for pro.
swayamprakash

Con

excuse me my dear friend you said i have not rebutted your arguements , ok then I have to rebutt again in this round and with that conclusions too. In this round you have said Peoples are not lazy ? Right ! and they have jobs to do. you dont think that they got jobs because of faith of Gods and due to their philosophical guidance . And wasting time on religious prayers is a thimg of foolishness, they do not think who has given them everything , they do not respect him now. And for the novels as hey are sold at higher price in the markets , yes to gan extra knowledge about the history and the reign of gods . And this would enhance the eagerness of some individuals to know about Gods. And in the previous round you have argued about the sell of Artifacts, diyas, God statues and Idols . Yes this are sold as people think tht by buying these things and keeping it in their house they would gain blessings of god and this would be a blessing for their house.By this they would gain purity. At last concluding I would end that those who think religion as a business are pessimistic. vote for pro.
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: CookieMonster9// Mod action: Removed<

4 points to Pro (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: I will go from top to bottom for my reasoning. I tied with conduct because it was pretty even for me conduct wise, I didn't see one shine above the other in this debate. Pro got grammar because there was a few times where Con used improper grammar and spelling, and I didn't see anything wrong with Pro's grammar or spelling. I gave Pro argument points because he gave a list of reasons for why religion is becoming a business and Con only rebutted at one of them when he listed many other reasons. This debate was a little hard to follow and at times felt that it swayed a bit, but overall it felt like both people held on to their sides. I would like to see another debate like this between you two again but with more organization, give it five rounds and identify what each round is for.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) S&G is insufficiently explained. This point cannot be awarded on the basis of minor differences between debater's spelling and grammar, as the voter must establish that one side's arguments were substantially more difficult to read. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter has to analyze specific arguments made by both debaters. In this case, the voter states that one side listed reasons and the other didn't rebut enough of them. That's not an assessment of the strength of those reasons, nor is it an assessment of Con's own arguments.
************************************************************************
Posted by lord_megatron 11 months ago
lord_megatron
If you have any logical arguments ready for this one, then okay bring it on
Posted by swayamprakash 11 months ago
swayamprakash
Bro I am back to u challenging again