MrInefable8
simpleman

Religion is not debatable

MrInefable8

Pro

For those of you reading my argument here we go.
As I try to think about it that it is just sad that we see our world fighting for religion and no one even knows the real religion for me the only truth that I can assure is that there is a real faith. Ladies and gentlemen let me tell you the thing you must consider first is that a lot of our times that humans make a lot of new beliefs, stories and myths but it is not wrong to believe in them cause in believing, you won"t lose anything except of course if you close minded and you just try thinking about your own life.
As we talk about religion we must think about what is religion, religion is a collection of beliefs, culture and people"s view in other words this are spiritual perspectives. That way we feed ourselves with values in any way our religion gives it to us. First we don"t have a single thought of what is real either way it will always depend on you why am I doing this is to justify there is no true or false religion it"s in your faith that will prove it how you manage your life to fill it with a lot of values. Second there is no best religion because we are all equal in belief to me any religion is great and having one is better cause having one will fulfill your needs most especially your moral needs. This feeds our soul you might not think like me but it is better believe in something rather than not believing in anything besides its impossible that no one created us or nothing existed after us cause remember before we even came in this world we had our parents to have us. Lastly I think religion shouldn"t be a topic to debate on of course yah we are debating about religion but what I mean is saying that this religion is better than this or religion is blasphemy is just sick this kind of things should be thought about thoroughly and I truly believe that religion in the world is beneficial in order to create harmony.
Religion is very sensitive so we must not debate about religions and believes because we have the right to have our choice for our thoughts.
simpleman

Con

I accept the Con position relative to the topic you have presented. I accept this in the nature of simple dialogue, rather than debate though. If this is problematic for you, feel free to let me know. I would rather not argue on the ground that you are 15 and still have much growing in experience yet to do.
I concede that, yes, people have the right to hold their beliefs, religious or non. But, truth, by definition, is exclusive, not inclusive. Not all religions, or beliefs, or ideas are equal. This notion is what gave bith to formal debate in Greece during the period of the Sophists. The comparative nature of formal debate is not truly about finding victory, rather it is to establish or discern the truth of a matter. This is the reasonable aim of debate.
If we make allowance for the equality of all ideas, we erode the foundation that truth stands upon. Just because I want somthing to be true does not make it valid or true. If I wanted to believe Dr. Suess was giving factual citations in his books, would it mean there really is a Cat in the Hat? Of course not.
The purity of your view is refreshing though. I understand the benevolent intentions of your position.
MrInefable8

Pro

MrInefable8 forfeited this round.
simpleman

Con

simpleman forfeited this round.
MrInefable8

Pro

MrInefable8 forfeited this round.
simpleman

Con

simpleman forfeited this round.
MrInefable8

Pro

MrInefable8 forfeited this round.
simpleman

Con

simpleman forfeited this round.
Posted by MrInefable8 3 years ago
MrInefable8
im sorry but thank you for joining i changed the time i made a mistake there sorry
Posted by MikeNH 3 years ago
MikeNH
I tried to post my reply, but for some reason it wouldn't let me, and of course having only five minutes to provide a response makes it almost impossible to try to fix this issue...
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
MrInefable8simplemanTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Debating is sort of a... back and forth thing." -RoyLatham