harrytruman
elementarymydearwatson

Religion is not false:

harrytruman

Pro

If you don't post any arguments this time you get no more redo's.
elementarymydearwatson

Con

Personally i do not believe religion is a bad thing necessarily as it provides a sense of purpose and meaning and gives humanity a reason to think that everything you do matters because anything you do will effect you in the afterlife. However I myself do not practice religion and here's why. Firstly their is little evidence to in fact support god or any deities existence to be true and I cannot bring myself to believe in something with little if any evidence to support. Secondly religion does more harm than good as it causes and has caused at the very least 60+% of humanity's wars for a variety of reasons such as conflicting beliefs and values, corruption(I.E The catholic church 1520-1630+Modern era) Even odd or unusual practices (I.E beheading animals to cleanse oneself of sin, covering both your hands in hives of tropical bullet wasps to become a man, chanting odd or even threatening sounds even BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE). Thirdly it causes IMMENSE amounts of legal,verbal and social tension causing schools/workplaces/manufacturers to never speak of it or be drowned in lawsuits because it's "Offensive". Finally religion in many cases has severely halted technological development most notably the middle ages and feudal japan with many more such instances appearing throughout history. Thank you for reading my argument and I hope that you will chose my side.
harrytruman

Pro

"Personally i do not believe religion is a bad thing necessarily as it provides a sense of purpose and meaning and gives humanity a reason to think that everything you do matters because anything you do will effect you in the afterlife. However I myself do not practice religion and here's why. Firstly their is little evidence to in fact support god or any deities existence to be true and I cannot bring myself to believe in something with little if any evidence to support."

Actually this is not true, there is a lot of proof of G-d, here are a few links:
http://www.divineinformation.com...
http://www.divineinformation.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

Secondly religion does more harm than good as it causes and has caused at the very least 60+% of humanity's wars for a variety of reasons such as conflicting beliefs and values, corruption(I.E The catholic church 1520-1630+Modern era) Even odd or unusual practices (I.E beheading animals to cleanse oneself of sin, covering both your hands in hives of tropical bullet wasps to become a man, chanting odd or even threatening sounds even BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE).

The Catholic Church was so messed up because #1 They were Christians, and #2 Ob-course your Church is going to have some issues if your mission statement is "go forth and conquer and to conquer," no joke! This was Constantine's (the founder of Catholicism) "revelation" from god that told him to start the catholic Church. #3, Catholicism was founded by Constantine, who raped and killed his sister, yeah.
The rest are pagan rituals which really have no relevance to this debate, anyway, I challenge you to prove any of this is true with Judaism or Sikhism.

"Thirdly it causes IMMENSE amounts of legal,verbal and social tension causing schools/workplaces/manufacturers to never speak of it or be drowned in lawsuits because it's "Offensive."

The same could be said about opposing political views.

"Finally religion in many cases has severely halted technological development most notably the middle ages and feudal japan with many more such instances appearing throughout history. Thank you for reading my argument and I hope that you will chose my side."

Technology advanced slowly through the middle ages because the Catholic Church made everyone believe in what they believe in, this was a religious institution, not religion itself. Feudal Japan advanced slowly because they isolated themselves from the rest of the planet so new ideas couldn't get in, and the majority of their population was slaves (serfs, it's the same thing though) , and that means that the majority of their geniuses are slaves and cannot advance technology.
elementarymydearwatson

Con

Well damn. You got me beat dude that's a very and good well thought out response nice job I've got nothing
harrytruman

Pro

I seem to be getting this a lot.
elementarymydearwatson

Con

elementarymydearwatson forfeited this round.
harrytruman

Pro

Remember to become a Noahide!
elementarymydearwatson

Con

harrytruman

Pro

Hola? Noahiudism? Ohh well, remember to convert though!
elementarymydearwatson

Con

Posted by harrytruman 8 months ago
harrytruman
So you go to heaven based on how you treat your fellow man, also, see their responses, it might shed some light on why it is YOU who is going to shell, based on your doctrines, based on mine you're going to have to go to Gehenom for a year, not so fun.
Posted by harrytruman 8 months ago
harrytruman
Matthew 25:31-46:"

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"

40 "The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."

44 "They also will answer, "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?"

45 "He will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Posted by harrytruman 8 months ago
harrytruman
1). Again, you come up with a random statement, I know very well this isn't about me, this is about G-d and whether or not he is a man or if he is G-d, he is G-d, not a man.

2). Again, another tool used by Christians like yourself to justify antisemitism, we did not kill Jesus, that was the Romans, Pilate had the power to kill Jesus or to acquit him, he chose to hand him to a roaring mob, which makes him responsible, just as Lot offering to have his daughters gang raped to death was just as bad as doing it himself.
It was the Romans that crucified him, a Roman soldier who pierced him, Romans who persecuted the Christians until Constantine who corrupted the religion further, the only hand the Jews had in it was a few Jews who wanted him killed that was the law, oh well, they have to abide by it too,
But just FYI, though the law said he had to be killed, it also said that they couldn't hand him over to foreigners, so they violated that, or this story is fabricated, the Jews would never violate the law, one is inclined to suspect the second.

3). Excuse me? You again are not understanding, if G-d expected us to just believe it when the Messiah comes, he would not give us a bunch of prophecies to make sure it is him, otherwise, how are we to know he isn't the antitrust as prophesied in Daniel 7?
Why don't you believe in Ahronges or Moses of Crete? Because they don't fit the prophecies, in fact they fit more prophecies than Jesus.
Or is it because you already have a messiah set up? The same with us, you see why? You are yet to explain to me what separates Jesus from these that makes him . Any more the Messiah than them?

4). Hell? Excuse me? I used to be a Christian, which means two things: according to your Christianity, number one I'm saved no matter what I do, number two I know a few New Testament Verses that prove you wrong, I ran out of room, see the next post.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 8 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Unfortunately for you, it is and never HAS been about YOU! Its about God, Remember when you see the one pierced by your sect, Look into His eyes and explain to Him WHY you NEEDED PROOF to believe Him! That should be your new mantra ..... God has to Prove Himself TO ME BEFORE I'll believe. That proof, is likely gonna get you tossed into Hell, my friend ..... mores the pity! bye
Posted by harrytruman 8 months ago
harrytruman
Pharisee? How am I a hypocrite? Find one situation where I contradict myself, also, if you want me to accept Jesus, prove wrong my points, really, if Jesus was the Meshiach it shouldn't be too hared to find proof.

ah, you are referring to my being a Jew, therefor a Pharisee, I should inform you that Anti-antisemitism is a serious crime.
FollowerofChrist1955
Hello again my little Pharisee buddy :) I still have hope for you!
FollowerofChrist1955
Hello again my little Pharisee buddy :)
Posted by Quadrunner 9 months ago
Quadrunner
Well, you're not wrong