KadieBobx
mongeese

Religion on a level

KadieBobx

Pro

isnt it amazing to see so many different religions and so many different beliefs and terms
& then we have agnostictism, athiesm both skeptical yet agnostictism believes that one does not know for sure so one should not try and provide false unproven evidence.
I would like to believe we are here for a purpose but I DO NOT KNOW, therefore if all people did not know and didnt try and provide evidence believed to be true by creationism and religion we would not have war or any conflict in life.=D
mongeese

Con

I thank my opponent for starting up such an interesting topic.

"I would like to believe we are here for a purpose but I DO NOT KNOW, therefore if all people did not know and didnt try and provide evidence believed to be true by creationism and religion we would not have war or any conflict in life.=D"

Alright, I disagree. Religion is the root cause of most conflicts, but not all of them. After all, some wars are fought between groups that even share the same religion. The American Revolution was fought because of mercantilism, not religion. http://www.historycentral.com... The American Civil War was fought because of autonomy, not religion. http://americanhistory.about.com... If religion did not exist, those wars would still have been fought.
Also, conflicts are even more unavoidable. If I steal my friend's car, it's not because of religion. It's because I just damaged my car in an accident (even more accidental conflict) and I need new wheels. No religion. Just greed.

I await my opponent's response.
KadieBobx

Pro

KadieBobx forfeited this round.
mongeese

Con

Previous argument extended.
KadieBobx

Pro

Thanks for accepting this arguement(:
i apologise for not completing the second round
i had work

I would like to reinstate what my opponent had stated he implied that not everything is religion based (true) && that not most wars are based on a religious aspect.

i would like to intervene there and say yes they all are
The civil war
world war 1
world war 11 etc etc.
9/11
religion also comes from a stereotype race for eg.. if you saw a indian person most people would "assume" that person is muslim, same goes to someone who is white or asain.
Race or colour comes from people who suddenly establish that person on a religious level
thats why there is so much racial hatred

I agree with my opponent when he used an example of "greed" but thats the social norm, greed comes from alot of things not bieng able to provide yourself with the inner strenth not to feel greedy.
Greed is the excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of money, wealth, power, food. It is generally considered a vice, and is one of the seven deadly sins ...
^^
this was stated in wilkepedia it also says "greed is a deadly sin as seen in christianity" so when people label each action as a vice or "sin" it becomes incapable and grasps more power, christianity is good on some level it distinguishes each action " lust" "greed" etc but people like to take advantage of each of these sins and so religion also becomes a mockery

Islam & christianity have varied similarities yet both religions differ and without people trying to compromise on there own beliefs people judge out the differences and this becomes " a racial war" and people forget the similarities and focus on the hatred that each religion has.

Also in conclusion i dont want to go into each organisation or church but my arguement holds as " religion DOES ruin todays society and if people chose to " be agnostic , peoples views in race would change and people would not look upon eachother as what the steretype religion would be, peoples views would change the hostile social norm would change, I admitly agree that growing up as a christian it is god to believe in a higher power, but it comes a time when people need to realise and say " look at the 100s of religions they are, without looking at a minority , why dont we consider each religion as it is and not focus on one bieng the higher or most superior and look and see the SIMILARITIES and research or accept the differences"

i thank my opponent and respect his arguement

sources
http://plato.stanford.edu...
http://arts.cuhk.edu.hk...
http://www.lifesitenews.com...
mongeese

Con

Thanks for responding to the debate.

I would like to remind everyone of the statement that this debate is actually about:
"if all people did not know and didnt try and provide evidence believed to be true by creationism and religion we would not have war or any conflict in life.=D"

That is the debate topic; in simpler terms it is this: If there was no religion, there would be nor war or conflict."

My opponent listed a few wars that supposedly were based on religion. However, she provides no proof of this, or any additional information besides the name of the war itself. A list of wars is not an argument. It is a list. She does not give a reason why my Civil War example is religious, nor does she disprove the Revolutionary War.

My opponent then goes into racial stereotyping. For one thing, 80% of all Indians practice Hinduism, not Islam. (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
For another, there is no proof that religion is the cause of racial hatred; my opponent only made an unproven conjecture, that I say is false. Racial hatred originated from many different things, but of all reasons given in the list here (http://en.wikipedia.org...), religion is not one of them.

"I agree with my opponent when he used an example of 'greed'"
Well, if we're in agreement on a statement that disproves the thesis of this debate, then I guess you've already conceded.

"this was stated in wilkepedia it also says 'greed is a deadly sin as seen in christianity' so when people label each action as a vice or 'sin' it becomes incapable and grasps more power, christianity is good on some level it distinguishes each action ' lust' 'greed' etc but people like to take advantage of each of these sins and so religion also becomes a mockery"
Greed does not stem from Christianity. If Christianity did not exist, Greed would still exist. Religion does not create Greed; it identifies Greed.

My opponent then gives examples of conflicts stemming from Religion. However, just because some conflicts are because of Religions, doesn't mean that all of them are. Here are some examples:

1. I am driving my car down a road. Another guy accidentally crashes into me due to a brake failure. Now we are in a conflict of deciding who has to pay for the damages done to my car: me, the other driver, or my insurance company?

2. I am practicing my knife-throwing. My friend comes up and stands in front of the target without realizing that I am practicing my knife-throwing. I throw my knife, and it kills him. Do I go to jail?

3. I am practicing my knife-throwing. I am mad at my friend because he beat me in a board game. He waves "Hi" to me. I throw the knife at him, killing him. Do I go to jail? How will I be caught, now that I am on the run from the secular law?

In conclusion:
Even if all religion was abolished, there would still be war and conflict in our lives. Vote CON.
Posted by MeganLoaskia 7 years ago
MeganLoaskia
Actully mongeese kadie should of won, vote bombing is pathetic!
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
Being tied is not valid when the Instigator failed to fulfill her BoP, failed to counter a negation to the resolution, and forfeited a round.
Posted by KadieBobx 7 years ago
KadieBobx
we tied, no validation needed!
Posted by KadieBobx 7 years ago
KadieBobx
we tied, no validation needed!
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
What the heck?
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
You can't validate your view without giving reasons as to why your validations are valid.
Posted by KadieBobx 7 years ago
KadieBobx
YET i was able to validate my view, and make it short termed and simple, and con i won this arguement... if you cant see
Posted by Lifeisgood 7 years ago
Lifeisgood
B/A: Tie.
Conduct: Con. Pro forfeited.
S/G: Con. Obviously.
Arguments: Con. Pro's arguments were poor.
Sources: Con.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
I won this one, as well.

PRO did nothing for the vague resolution, and gave no evidence whatsoever.
Posted by Kefka 8 years ago
Kefka
WW1 and 2 were about money, and 9/11......ya. Check my profile lol.
Vote Placed by Awed 7 years ago
Awed
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by comoncents 7 years ago
comoncents
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 7 years ago
Vi_Veri
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by dogparktom 7 years ago
dogparktom
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by MasterET 7 years ago
MasterET
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Lifeisgood 7 years ago
Lifeisgood
KadieBobxmongeeseTied
Vote Placed by Agnostic 7 years ago
Agnostic
KadieBobxmongeeseTied