Religion on lgbt

In the same passages where gay sex is condemned and punished, so is eating shrimp, crop co-mingling, eating rabbit, wearing linen and wool at the same time, and eating raw meat. So if you"re gonna be a Biblical literalist, you might as well start sewing your own clothes and becoming a vegetarian. Also in lev 27:1-4 it says women are worthless so the old testament we cant always agree with there for people need to chill.

I agree to that but there are two points I'd like to make:
1. Christianity is not the only religion. There are other religions that condemn LGBT practices but are practiced more literally.
2. If you're committing a sin doesn't mean you should go full-out. If you're stealing, which is wrong in itself, doesn't mean you should go rob a bank. i.e: Just because you do some wrong doesn't mean you should do all wrong and consider it right.

emmact forfeited this round.

I look forward to you continuing this debate...

emmact forfeited this round.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 7 months ago
1 Corinthians 2:12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
my apologies I should have been more clear. The scriptures in the Old Testament, define the Historic beginnings of Christ, from creation to the present. The New Testament was its fulfillment. New Testament covenant is what is in effect today and it continues where the Old left off, revealing what is NOW and IS to COME! (future.) The problem with your quotes, was one of context. Please read below:

Romans 14:20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

This of course is not your fault as as a nonbeliever, it is not granted you to read and UNDERSTAND that which can only be understood by those within whom the Holy Spirit dwells. as Is written: (One of the Proofs of Gods existence)
Matthew 13:14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "R39;"You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people"s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes,nhear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."
16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
Please emmact, when you don't KNOW scripture you should not attempt to quote it. Everyone who IS a Follower of Christ KNOWS your quoting from the Old Testament.

Perhaps Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God"s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Try FINDING ANY SCRIPTURE IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE BIBLE, that tells you EVER to feed your fleshly desires!!!!! Scripture says you MUST DENY YOURSELF ..... are you? are any of them?

Luke 9:23 Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.

Luke 14:27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 10:38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

LGBT = 0 Religion. BUT Christ WILL save you if you come to Him with o
Posted by Yavneh 7 months ago
I have to say, as an Orthodox Jew, Rami completely hit it on the head. Yasher Koyach.

Also, it doesn't say that women are worthless-- depending on the status of the internet, that is either slander or libel. It says that the estimated worth (based on a number of things) of a man is 50 shekel, and of a woman is 30 shekel. This is due to the fact that, in society up until maybe sixty years ago, there was a marked difference in work capability, which is a good measure of objective worth.
Posted by Rami 7 months ago

Wow. I imagine that you'll will be embarrassed to see that I am an Orthodox Jew. I abide by all those rules, and so do several other members on this site.
Vote Placed by ZachZimmey 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by ssadi 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeiture by Pro, who was the instigator, is really a bad conduct. So conduct to Con!