Kishlay
willhudson79

Religion should be abolished

willhudson79

Kishlay

Pro

Most of the social dispute occurs because of religion. The basic need religion says is nothing more than what we can achieve from education. the clear realization of is making making people too communality , hatred from others and a lot of argument keep on occurring in the society. For making global if one need to accept each other and everyone want to be global why then religion be exiting. Demolish them.
willhudson79

Con

I accept the debate. I am not religious. Some of my family are lapsed Catholics. While I do believe there are some bad characteristics in most religions, the problems, prejudices, and hatreds would continue to be there--but in some other form, politics or something else. Therefore, I do not believe that religion should be abolished since it would not end the problems mentioned by my opponent. Good luck. This is my third debate, well really only the second since I didn't put the time in right on one of my debates.
Kishlay

Pro

Kishlay forfeited this round.
willhudson79

Con

Pro forfeited the last round but I could like to make a couple rebuttals since BOP is on the other side. Pro claims that “most social disputes” are due to religion. Pro provides no evidence for this claim. While there might conceivably be a case that SOME social disputes occur because of religion. Moreover, it is impossible to untangle cases where religion is the major dispute but not exclusive to the problem itself. For example, even the War on Terrorism provides what appears on at first as a case where religion is the primary conflict. But even there, other issues are involved perceived intervention and interference by western countries, the west’s stance of promoting regional stability, as well as practical issues about protecting markets and open access to natural resources. Or another issue recently in the new: the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. While religion plays a role, there are other issues historical, political and geographic issues as well. Let that stand as Con’s rebuttal. Con will wait on Pro to advance a new argument.

Kishlay

Pro

Kishlay forfeited this round.
willhudson79

Con

Pro forfeited the last round; nevertheless, I will add a couple more points to counter the opening round statements. First, pro failed to give a single one example of a “social dispute,” and simultaneously pro asserted the “basic need religion” provides could be substituted through “education,” although this appears at first glance to be a non sequitur argument. Had pro continued with the debate one question I would have put forward is if education already provides a valid substitute for religion, then why not encourage education rather than abolish religion. In the end, it is hard to sustain a counter-argument, especially since there is no definition of “social dispute.” Social dispute is not a sociological term, nor does it appear in standard dictionaries, including the urban dictionary. A related term, social problem encompassed a broad array of global issues, among these aids, global warming, and world hunger to name only a few. However, due to the two forfeitures, Con cannot pursue opposition in this debate any further. Please Vote Con!

Posted by Torgo 3 years ago
Torgo
So far there have been no secular inquisitions, no atheist suicide bombings and no irreligious crusades. I'd be surprised if religion were responsible for much more than 20-30% of all human conflict but it would be 20-30% less without it.

"Jesus... raised the dead"? I'm not sure that's a good thing, when George A Romero did it it didn't work out for the best.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Actually religion can be very dangerous.That is why I am Christian. Christianity is not a religion.It has had religions made out of it. It is God and his family. Religious people hated Jesus.The common folk just loved him. Healed the sick, cast out devils, raised the dead. Preached prosperity to the poor.They tried to throw him off a cliff because he healed on the wrong day. How insane is that. God is the least religious being in existence.
Posted by Jamhar 3 years ago
Jamhar
Religion doesn't make you moral you only need to look at paedophile priests, morality is inherent in people's genetic make up with anyone has empathy. I agree religion would prevent lots a wars, misery and killing.in the name of a mythical being, it is very dangerous to live your life without critical thinking and believe anything people tell you just look at suicide bombers.
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 3 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
That would be a decent solution, but not all religions.
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 3 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
Well, Islam should be abolished. The other religions are fine.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
That is the dumbest statement I have seen in a long time. Not adhering to the ten commandments causes ALL problems. I don't think that gangs in our cities go to church then go out and steal and kill.
Vote Placed by kasmic 3 years ago
kasmic
Kishlaywillhudson79Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
Kishlaywillhudson79Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by RobertMcclureSmith 3 years ago
RobertMcclureSmith
Kishlaywillhudson79Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by Pro.