khaylitsa
JohnnyAppleseed12

Religion (specifically Christianity) is true

Con Tied Pro

khaylitsa

Con

Religion has no evidence and seems to think it needs none. I am rather fond of science and take a scientific method about it. For one thing it is a speculation, you can prove it unlikely but it is impossible to prove it wrong. Two there is no evidence supporting it and evidence against it's base the bible.
JohnnyAppleseed12

Pro

Hello, I would like to state in the first round on just two reasons. The first is the fact that science can't prove everything, second is the fact the torah and Abriam.
First I would like to state that science can't prove every thing. This means that yes you could say God may not be real but guess what, what about Jesus. In the bible, Jesus was said to actualy come to Earth and had also died in Earth meaning there is a possibilty of actually Jesus's grave in Earth. Yes it might be a bogus that Jesus had rebirthed, but who knows. Yes science may be able to prove Jesus fake, but no evidence also to the fact that God and Jesus is fake. Also, in an example of the Mystery Cyrcle, us humanity used all the technology to find out what did this thing with science it is still a mystery. There for, I conclude that science can't show and tell every thing on Earth, so you could state no body knows and who knows God or Jesus could actually be real by the fact there is no evidence in science that proves God and Jesus is fake.
Second, I would like to state on Abriam. As you know or might not know, Abriam is the first to be the follower of God. And he is the one who wrote the Torah. In today's time, now he is followered as one the leaders and the starter of christianity. But if you state it as fake with your oh holy science, that means we people were actually frazed in order to make money. Also the preist there would also be fake for making many people pay money. So you could state christianity a bogus fraze to make money. Though, with you scince, how come there is no news about any fake churches and about Christianity being fake to make money.
So with my final sentence, I state that tell me khaylisa, do you have evidence that Christianity is fake with you science.
khaylitsa

Con

Like i said religion is a speculation, it can not be proved wrong. i ask you to give any type of valid proof that it exists. jesus is no more a true prophet then Abram, they are figure heads yes but like so many other people that claimed to be divine (alexander the great, Xerxes, etc.) it is unlikely to the extreme to be true. it is like saying "i was born from Zeus himself I am divine!" and if i was convincing enough people will believe me and ill become a god.
JohnnyAppleseed12

Pro

Well, don't get me wrong but I also like science alot. Though what I'm asking you is that, do you have any proof that well God didn't exist. I', asking you then what had started Earth and all those cool space things. And those things are still remained as a mystery and even modern science can't exactly prove what happened but just guess. I understand that you can't understand that God doesn't exist, but then what had happened when the space was forming. Sure it could of been the Big Bang that started it, but it once again do you have proof that all those scientfic theorys are true?
Also, in the fact that you might be argueing based on the of fantasy of like God creating or healing people suddenly. Then lets think of Buddha, he is real and in the history based on Buddha, he does all these stuff like talking to god and holding mountains. That is fantasy, and you know he was alive, but did you find his body any where on Earth, I don't think so, and it's the same thing. We didn't find Buddha's body but we still admit that he was alive, and he did all these hocus pocus stuff? It is the same thing with Jesus or God, we never found there bodys and they fantsay stuff, and it is the same with Buddha and guess what, you admit Buddha but don't admit Jesus or God even though in the same condition.
khaylitsa

Con

First of all did i ever say that i think that Buddha was real? no. I think that heir values are great but i don't believe in it it's self. You are right when you said that i can not prove the big bang but the reason why i believe it is that it is a guess based upon the facts that we see in the universe.

God was based upon people saying OMG light, it must have come from somewhere, but i don't know where. People are afraid of things that they don't know so they said a being must have made light. notice that the first religions put these attributes into mainly animals (another unknown) and later into human figures.

All the main religions where made thousands of years ago. Why aren't there any more today? why aren't people still creating more religions? Because people cant go on making reasons to why there is light, we now know that the sun makes the light and therefore there is no reason to try to explain it.

If this is not enough evidence for you and you still insist upon saying that "we feel it in our everyday lives we don't need evidence" (i'm not saying that you said that i'm just saying that iv heard that argument before) then why does every other religion also say that? they cant all be right.
JohnnyAppleseed12

Pro

Ah, well what I would like to say is to go against the fact that you stated the fact that the light made God. Then again you said that sunlight created the light and was also made by the sun and the fact that God is fake. For that reason yo us said god was not real. Yes you could see it like that, but why isn't there any other news or a fact that shows people in Christianity are leaving. Since if they know that God is fake, why aren't the people leaving? They know that the sun makes all those lights but Christainity is still number one religion. The reason is because they know that God is real and that proves that God wasn't created because they needed an answer for the lights. That proof is like what I said before the fact that people leaving the Churches when they know that the light is caused by sunlight. If God was created by light and the truth is that the sunlight is the light, that means that God is fake and not real, but still knowing that fact and people not leaving means that God is believed to be real.
Also the reason why people don't amke knew religions is that there is nothing to make more of, it would be similar to the ones that are already made. There may seem to be few of religions but there are many hundereds and even though make a new one, it would be similar to others and still wouldn't be so famous because of Muslims, and Christianity. So there is no point of making a new religion.
Finally, I would like to state that the bible talks on many thousands of years and is made in just one book. Also before writing, what do you think people gave there news, by speaking, and speaking can be changed which causes all those hocus pocus. Also, even though like a myth, it could of been changed and added up, but keep on following the story tellers and guess what you might find the true story. I mean a news is based on fact but could be changed by time. That I think is what I give as a proof that God does exist.
Posted by Kusfraba 9 years ago
Kusfraba
After decoding the gibberish that is your 3rd round argument, I have come to the conclusion that I am voting con...
Posted by JohnnyAppleseed12 9 years ago
JohnnyAppleseed12
By the way, good debate. I enjoyed it.
Posted by danny445 9 years ago
danny445
The lack of evidence is not evidence....
Posted by FunkeeMonk91 9 years ago
FunkeeMonk91
I would take this one, but you need to define "truth" first.
Vote Placed by Kenostic 7 years ago
Kenostic
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by khaylitsa 7 years ago
khaylitsa
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by DaPofoKing 8 years ago
DaPofoKing
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by education4earth 8 years ago
education4earth
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by blond_guy 9 years ago
blond_guy
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by PenguinBuddha 9 years ago
PenguinBuddha
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by Vi_Veri 9 years ago
Vi_Veri
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by paul_tigger 9 years ago
paul_tigger
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by guitaristofra 9 years ago
guitaristofra
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied
Vote Placed by msoshima54 9 years ago
msoshima54
khaylitsaJohnnyAppleseed12Tied