Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

religion is not needed in society

THE_INFO_WARRIOR
jasmine.salami

I THE_INFO_WARRIOR believe that religion is not needed in our society, my reason for this is the fact that we as people are becoming divided for we can not find the true answers to who is our savior. I continue to believe that we have no savior for we don't need a savior. Everything that happens in life happens for a reason, that reason being something that we may have done or someone else may have done. No matter the cause, we should not look for inner peace within someone who we may not know e...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Should Papa John put Bluetooth speakers on pizzas? Because this sh*t gay.

snakeysnukey

Con because pizza already causes cancer and Bluetooth speakers do not help cancer. Look it up: Do Bluetooth speakers help cancer? And the answer is no. Sorry my bad english but this sh*t gay...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Is here on Mother Earth hell as the Pope belives in some sort of vanishing act after death.

2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Edit zero but to reset the timer. This is an AO topic so any under 40 years old leave for your own mental health. Or stall and be strong within your own self. Make a machine to solve this dreaded act of inhumanity shall we and whose name shall be upon it? Cain and Able, Cain to be able to kill without remorse a psychopath or Able that just couldn't spare the cane and designed a machine to do the killing the sociopath. I would spare you from this but if you don't wish to know then turn away...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Marriage is about love, not gender.

YeshuaBought
drrichdolphin

I don't understand why two conbsenting adults who are not related can't get married without p ing off the religious right. I am a gay affirming Christian who is bisexual, is there a place in Heaven for me?...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Is the existence of God indisputably clear?

Jhhillman
FollowerofChrist1955

Despite your repeated assertions throughout this site, the existence of God is not indisputably clear. There is no proof of the existence of God. He/She/It/They have not provided any evidence beyond a 2000 year old book written by some people who said they knew a guy who said he talked to God. That's it. Here are links to proof of evolution an the independent creation of life. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/ https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/art...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

What are the main Christian objections to same sex marriage?

YeshuaBought
Im_Intelligent

I don't know what they are?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Should We Teach Creationism as Fact in Schools?

BobRogan
Asomemegablox

The reason why Creationism should not be taught in schools is that it isn"t based on any evidence. The information stated in science textbooks has piles upon piles of evidence saying that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. If we teach students that Creationism is fact then we would be telling them information that has been disproven countless times. And to say there is evidence that proves Creationism is true would be stating a falsehood. The arguments for Creationism don"t hold up as they can...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God's Existence

theodebater42
Mauricio.Moon

I am arguing that it it is logically plausible that God (meaning a supreme creator of the universe) exists. My argument is a version of the argument from contingency: If something is contingent then that means that it exists due to more fundamental components of reality. For example, the shape of a bottle is contingent upon the matter and energy that comprise it. So here is the argument (informally presented) 1. Things are contingent upon more fundamental components of reality, until...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

That Christian Theism is reasonable

Utumano
Dinis

First debate on this website for myself so have restricted the character count to 1000 to prevent large essays from forming. Definition Reasonable means to be valid, sound, and to be more probable than its (mathematical) conjugate Christian Theism means an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, morally perfect, Trinitarian, immaterial, dimensionless and personal entity that has acted in the universe to fulfill a soverign purpose as described through the Christian tradition I am trying to t...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

is God real?

jackgilbert
Jhhillman

For the first round please just accept the debate. Arguments will begin next round....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago