Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Islam is Not a Religion of Peace

Amarandum
joshuar1996

Anyone who would like to argue that Islam is tolerant or a force for good is welcome to debate me. I hold an atheistic view of Allah and the Koran. Any contenders must agree to the format: R1: Acceptance Round Only R2: Opening Arguments R3: Rebuttals R4: Closing Remarks...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Who are the 144,000 in Revelation?

reddogs

According to Revelation, at the end there will be a people who have certain characteristics, they keep the commandments of God (Rev 12:17; 14:12) and they have the testimony of Jesus (Rev. 12:17). We know them as the remnant, but there is also another end time group given, the 144,000. We find in Daniel 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

God definitely does not exist, and the agnostic view is wrong.

Boris7698
AJB1053

God is claimed to be a supernatural being, not merely an alien being from another planet who is powerful. Supernatural means beyond nature. But nature is all of existence, which places God outside of existence, which is impossible. Therefore the concept of God is invalid, because it leads to a contradiction. Everything that exists is part of existence, and therefore is natural. I will debate any Agnostic who grants that God may exist, but no evidence has been provided....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

thought on atheism

kaileep
MyNameIsJustin

atheism is simply the logic of a situation that is completely mythical and unreasonable...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Stop accepting debates with the title 'How do Atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'

Zaephou
Sovcody2

Newcomers to Debate.org, DO NOT accept ANY debate with the title 'How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?'. The guy who has been posting them, ViceRegent, is a middle-aged bigoted ignoramus with the brain capacity of a lemur, and he has been spamming this same debate for months. Please don't accept these debates. If you want, copy and paste this debate and post it yourself to spread the message :)...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

God is Dead

Amarandum
Rjupudi18

I'd like to have a civil, evidence-based debate with someone who really believes in the Abrahamic / Judeo-Christian God. The opponent must agree to the following format and rules: R1: Acceptance Round, where the opponent states their religious persuasion for clarity. R2: Opening Remarks. R3: Pro Question and Answer Round, where Pro asks as many questions as they want, and Con answers all accordingly. R4: Con Question and Answer Round, where Con asks as many questions as they want, and Pro an...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Islam is not compatible with secularism

Berkul
atomicgunner

*I write this as a person who happened to be a muslim in the past, and who currently lives in a muslim society. Most of people I hold dear are muslim, therefore I DO NOT MAKE ANY STATEMENT ON ALL MUSLIM INDIVIDUALS. I make my statement clear, even though I don't have rigid bondages to my argument and I am ready to change my view if faced with good arguments and exemples. For now, Im convinced that in a society composed majoritarily of muslims, secularist ideas and the values of moderns state...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Is a hell real as in a literal place where people burn forever?

slave123
Danjos162

Hell is not a real place I believe it is a state of mind I don't care what the Bible says or what the Quran says Or what any scripture says It makes no sense that a loving God would throw his own creation in a fiery pit forever! If you have children would you burn your children alive just because they disobey you? Burning people alive is a cruel and unusual punishment Furthermore why forever? If we just sin or so called sin by looking at a beautiful person Why do w...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Does God Exist?

EggsAndSam
Danjos162

God - a superior being responsible for the formation of our universeRules-1.) No trolling2.) No K's3.) No forfeits4.) Keep it respectable and civil5.) No new arguments in the last round6.) Focus on the topicFailure to follow these rules will result in the automatic loss of my opponentStructure-

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

How do atheists rationally know truth from fiction?

ViceRegent
iOfTheThou

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT THESE ATHEISTS KEEP VOMITING WORDS AND YET NOT ONE HAS ANSWERED MY Q. Atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO,...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago