Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Ahura Mazda is the only believable deity.

LuciferWept
subdeo

A brief debate on the believability of one of the world's oldest deities, Ahura Mazda[1][2]. I am an Atheist, but I am willing to admit that the existence of Ahura Mazda is not philosophically impossible, but the existence of all other deities is impossible.The reason for this is twofold: the Zoroastrian religion did not forcibly convert people, as did virtually every other religion in human history. This is because the Prophet Zarathustra believed that each individu...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

truth has evidence advantage

vi_spex
LearnerLogic

and the lier has a lie...

Debating Period
22 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

No one can prove or disprove the existence of god?

Jacobbruce
SJM

I believe it's impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god....

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

The Bible is Reliable regarding Israel's Covenant and Prophecy

PGA
LearnerLogic

Debate: My argument as Pro will be that it is reasonable to believe that the Bible is a reliable, adequate, factually, logical source of information concerning prophecy in regards to covenant Israel. Historical evidence other than the biblical accounts will also be included in my proof. In my attempt to establish this beachhead of reliability my aim is to show that in this area - Prophecy and Covenant Israel - those who reject the Bible are being unreasonable with the evidence available becau...

Debating Period
71 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

There is no logical or proveable conclusion to the origins of the universe through religion.

MakeDebatingGreatAgain
NoahIsRight

I would like to debate that religion provides no logical or provable stance to the origins of mankind or the universe. I believe that the best explanation comes from science, because it is based on proven facts and sound, logical reasoning. Con will take the side that religion does offer a reasonable explanation to the origins of mankind. Con may choose from any well known religion, such as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. As long as the ideas stem form...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

Is God Real?

byaka2013
Jerry947

The burden of proof is upon my contender, but I shall point out how there is literally no evidence for the existence of any God and how evolution is fact. Provide evidence as necessary and I will make my rebuttal. Thank you to the participants....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

The World Would Be Much Better Without Religion

David12N
byaka2013

I am generally interested in the answer. I have decided to choose Con because I think the world would not be much different than now. I would argue that many of the common reasons cited against religion may not be accurate. I do think there is often strong views held on both sides that do not move the debate forward. I am not arguing that religion never does wrong but that the negative impact on the world may be overly exaggerated and some of the good downplayed or ignored. If you can cite actua...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Religion is good or bad for society

Regen
CosmoJarvis

The argument will be over whether religion is good or bad for society, whether it hurts or benefits civilization. My opponent may choose which side he/she would like to argue....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should religious institutions in America be exempt from taxes?

CosmoJarvis
Peili

Do religions deserve a tax-exempt status in America?Con will debate why religious institutions should pay their taxes, while pro will defend why these religious institutions should be exempt from taxes.Rules:

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Fire ants should be renamed to spicy bois

LittleT
Rakha_Adhyasta

Fire ants are our saviours and therefore they deserve a name worthy of the Gods....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago