Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: God is more likely than not to exist.

lannan13

In order to accept this debate, you need to have ELO of 2500 and at least 10 debates completed. RulesFirst Round is rules and definitons by Pro and acceptance by Con.Second Round is for Opening arguments, no rebuttals.Third Round is continuing of Opening Arguments. Rebuttals are permitted.Forth Round is for Rebuttals.Fith Round is for rebuttals and conclusio...

Challenge Period
33 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

The Deity of Jesus Christ

Koolbru28
buildingapologetics

The purpose of this debate is to discuss the deity of Jesus Christ. Before I begin my opening argument, I would like to let everyone who"s reading this to know that both of us who are debating this topic intend to use the Bible as our authority. The Bible clearly teaches the full Deity of Jesus Christ. This is evident in John 20;28 where Thomas clearly declares Jesus to be God. It is also evident in John 8;58 where Christ says that he existed before Abraham. Finally. John 1:1-3 teaches that...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

The bible and god has no place in a modern civilized society

backwardseden
Hemoglobin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y - 10 reasons why the bible is repulsiveSome laws of god...Psalm 19:7 “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” Since the laws of the LORD are perfect they can NEVER change. And yet they do. Simple....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

The Calvinist Doctrine of Unconditional Election is wrong

kwagga_la
tumeric

The Calvinist position can be stated as follows regarding Unconditional Election: This means simply: God chooses to give some people eternal life, without looking for anything good in them as a condition for loving and saving them. Before any man or woman is born -- in fact, before the world was made -- God decided who would go to heaven and who would not. Before they did good or bad, God chose some to be His people and rejected others. http://www.prca.org/pamphlets/pamphlet_41.html I believe...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Should marijuana be legal for adults?

NKJVPrewrather
MarkusWaldow01

I take tha ffirmative, you don't. Make the first....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

RELIGION- Good or Bad?

anirudh10
Maryam_mosawy

Religion has evolved a lot over the years but i think religion indeed has evolved into a big time bomb. Religion has divided us and divided us into hatred for each other. I want to know what are your thoughts on religion. Isnt religion the root cause for various wars and terrorists attacks. Dont you think sciecne is better belief than religion where science provides more proof for the universe and our existence? Reasons why im not for religion cause 1.The assumption of truth 2.The promise of...

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Is Baptism required for salvation?

Koolbru28
NKJVPrewrather

I will prove the biblical truth that baptism is not required for salvation. I intend this debate to be based on the Bible alone. My argument is as follows; according to Acts 13:19,16:31, Romans 4:4-5 and Ephesians 2:8-9, baptism is not required for salvation. It is a Sacrament that we do to obey Christ...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Believing god exist is more reasonable than believing god doesnt exist

ffr123
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

God existense is based on 3 reason: 1. Never in this universe we ever witness or observe infinity 2. Never in this universe we ever witness that something come out from nothing 3. Never in this universe we ever see life thing come out from dead thing This 3 reason is more reasonable and close to the fact that the contrary which believe to non existance of god will come up with......

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Evolution is proven fact. Prove the biblical god exists. That BOP is always upon believers

backwardseden
NKTheChef

Evolution is proven factAntibiotic resistant microbes is 100% confirmation and certification and proven fact that evolution is taking place right here in the here and the now. Antibiotic resistant microbes are evolvin...

Debating Period
28 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Is Yeshua a good and qualified Leader?

NKJVPosttribulationist
LeeJohnson

I think Yeshua is a good and qualified Leader that listens to the people. When I asked Him why He should be my Lord and Savior, He answered instead of getting angry. He always does what is right without exception, and wants an open and honest relationship. He makes sacrifices for the good of His people, and any consenting party can receive Him today and forever....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago