Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Are morals objective? (And should society conform to religious morals? )

Nathan10e
kyleniel

Hello all, I'm here to debate a complex topic that modern philosophy and modern religion have both tried to tackle to varying degrees of success, 'can religious morals, Regardless of religion be proved as objective fact? ' And as a consequence of this question, What would that mean for society? What morals should society conform to? And finally, How big of a role should religion play in the judicial system if that is the case? From my perspective, As an agnostic atheist, Naturalist, And moral re...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

Is it moral that you should die if you are gay, Blaspheme, Worship other gods etc? God thinks so

backwardseden

This is not about what you THINK YOUR religion states, Especially christ who has nothing to do with this debate. So please do not bring in that ---whatever--- ringside. This is about how YOU think YOU stand and how moral YOU believe YOU are in accordance with what YOUR god states in HIS bible. Here is a test for YOUR morality to see where YOU stand with YOUR god with how he believes from what is stated directly from the bible and or torah. It is a simple "yes" or "no" response. Right now the...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Can Humans ever achieve immortality

dasdaf
jrardin12

I am an atheist but if religion is ever absolute true then God can do whatever including pardoning you the death penalty; maybe via Prayer or being His best servant. But back to reality now. . . To my knowledge I can conclude that all deaths have causes, Usually those who claim have cheated death say that if only they could never commit certain mistakes they would not have met face-to-face with death experience. Here I mean survivors of incidences. With diseases the specialists claim pre...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

God isnt real

bongo5313
Loxen

God isnt real. If god is real, Then why are there black people who are polluting our world. Have you seen the smog in the skies, People are blaming it on factories and carbon emission, However it is the air that black people breath out from their lungs. If God was real then why does he allow this to happen. Furthermore, If God was real then why am i horny and masturbate. God is apparently all good and made us in his image. Therefore, God made me to be horny and commit sin. Thus, God made...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Jehovah's Witnesses are a Cult

jrardin12
icebeartheawesome

The Jehovah Witnesses take things out of the Bible. They say there is no hell. They say there is no Trinity. They are not 100% sure they have eternal life....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Islam is not a religion of peace

John_Eaton
PandaXpress

The Quran is pro genital mutilation, Stoning of gays and execution of all those who disagree with them. Muslims are also in favor of the illegality of gay rights and gay marriage and they are in favor of Sharia Law. I have so many more points that I will bring up to anyone with enough balls to accept this debate....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Christian God Exists

icebeartheawesome
Reggee1

The Christian God certainly exists. As a Jehovah's witness for 2 yrs, I've seen the miracles of God. For example, He helped me get a job....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Biblical Reason Against Homosexuality

jrardin12
primeministerJoshua812

I would love to debate you on this. I am a Baptist and believe that God did not intend for homosexual marriage as seen from Eden. I would like you to start the argument and see what you have to say before I respond....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Judaism needs Christianity to stand up under the Historical method

mosc
primeministerJoshua812

O K Mr. Hot Shot, Your on. Torah teaches spirituality not history. Xtianity which limits the gods to 3 physical dimensions requires a historical physical Jesus son of Zeus. For this Jesus son of Zeus to exist only as a myth personal belief system Xtianity as as religion ceases to exist. Idolatry requires a 3 dimensional idol. The son of Zeus requires a physical body, The church has nothing but some outline on a sheet which if refuses to carbon date. The 2nd cumming of this none sensical myth...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

The Biblical case for support of homosexuality.

primeministerJoshua812
backwardseden

As a Bisexual and as a Christian Apologist I have had to deal first hand with the Bible and Homosexuality and has forced me to look deeper and more critically into the traditional structure of Christian marriage law. I make the case for Biblical support for homosexuality. 1. Condemning same-sex relationships is harmful to LGBT people. Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount that good trees bear good fruit (Matthew 7:15-20), But the church"s rejection of same-sex relationships has caused trem...

Debating Period
52 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago