Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Does Romans 1:26-27 teach gainst same sex marriage is a sin?

KJVPrewrather

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Minutes Ago

Where do humans go when they die?

Jag24
Leaning

I believe humans will either go to heaven or hell. God will call His followers home to live with Him in heaven when He decides to and those who reject will spend eternity in Hells lake of fire...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

are Rituals more harmful than helpful to individuals, both in private life and group life.

gfhcc

Rituals are more harmful than helpful to individuals, both in private life and group life....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication

backwardseden

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication, the worst possible form of communication to god. Rules:For this debate it will be up to you as Con to prove that god according to the bible would use text, namely the bible, as a form of communication. You

Challenge Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

It is probable that God exists

lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI
tfroitz1

First round is always about acceptance and setting up rules/definitions: The opponent can always post his argument here or rebuttal. I will as well, just for the sake of me holding the burden of proof. For the sake of this argument, God will be a deity who created the Universe. To say it specifically, we will be discussing the existence of a God. Hence, we can not CITE the Bible as it presupposes the existence of God. I repeat we will not be CITING the Bible! Now, if anyone during this debate,...

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 23 Minutes Ago

Religious law should be implemented.

Lecromi
plasmafish

Fundamentally, I believe in the absolute separation of religion and state. It is observed today that in many countries, religious law is the primary, if not the only source of the country's criminal and civil law. Eg: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia (Sharia applies in full in Saudi Arabia) Any in-depth analysis of religious law, be it the law prescribed in the Qur'an or the Bible or any other religious text, will show that these laws are incompatible with modern civilization. The Hadiths (Sahih al-Buk...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

God is Real, Evolution isn't

K.Cross12
frankfurter50

To start off, people have their own beliefs.We cannot make others believe what we believe to know. For some people it is horrifyingly uncomfortable to believe that there is someone bigger and more powerful than them; that someone can create the world with only using their mouth. The fact is that we all can find something in each belief of creation that we cannot prove but only to hypothesize. First, here are a few questions to think about for evolutionists which they couldn"t give a concrete a...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Does God exist?

emsiblook
K.Cross12

I used about 5000 characters in my first round on my last debate so I'm going to try to be a bit less intimidating this time. I don't think that God exists. I used to be a Christian but now, I just think, there's no evidence, how can I just blindly believe in a God? We can never truly know if a God exists, but evidence would help, and there's no reason for me to believe it otherwise. I need you to believe that God does exist, for you to debate me on this....

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?

backwardseden
rextr05

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?(not in order of importance) * That this god character knowingly lies?* That this god character is a contradictory hypocrite

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

religion should be eliminated

bodog
gerd

The first round is for acceptance and thesis statements, I do think religion should be eliminated because it has done no good to humanity or any other species....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago