Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication

backwardseden

god according to the bible would ---not--- use text as a form of communication, the worst possible form of communication to god. Rules:For this debate it will be up to you as Con to prove that god according to the bible would use text, namely the bible, as a form of communication. You

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

backwardseden
DNehlsen

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

If an omniscient god exists then free will is an illusion

shannon83
JimShady

Format for the debate: Round 1 is acceptance, introduction.Round 2 argumentRound 3 rebuttalRound 4 closing statements - The debate will assume that a omniscient God is real. Omniscient 1:having infinite awareness, understanding, and insight, an omniscient author “the narrator seems an omniscient person who tells us about the characters and their relations” &mdash...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Atheism is problematic

kingcripple
KostasT.1526

For the purposes of this debate "Atheism" will be defined in two categories: Moral Atheism- objections to the existence of God when relating to moral issues i.e., gay rights, women's rights, all things therein related to the problem of evil Scientific Atheism- objections to God when relating to scientific evidence. My argument is predicated one one point with several sub points. 1. One cannot be both a moral and scientific atheist. This is because: A. Moral Atheism doesn't act...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?

backwardseden
MrUltimateAviator

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?(not in order of importance) * That this god character knowingly lies

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God does not hate people or murder. He is very loving to everyone he created. (For backwardseden)

SuperAwesomeMusician
Bill_Henly

I have seen backwardseden accuse God of being evil so many times. He attempts to prove his points by simply pulling verses from the Bible out of oblivion, without looking at any context whatsoever in which they were given. It is my goal in this debate to prove to him that he is wrong in his reasoning, and that God is an extremely loving person who cares about everyone, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. No insults of any kind will be allowed in this debate. Backwardsed...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

did bush do 9/11

cluelessmeme
NDECD1441

I think bush did 9/11 because he raped his wife and lick my anus when I was a little boy. Then he came back to me when I was 12 talked dirty to me i think that bush did 9/11 because him and Osama were brothers form other mothers and Ted Cruise is the zodiac...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Homosexuals are not still condemned in the Bible

Bitch_Goddess
Phenenas

The title is quite self-explanatory. I (pro) challenge Con to a debate on whether or not the Bible still does (or if it ever did) condemn homosexuals. The first round will only be an acceptance round only....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

The moral argument for God is sound.

Amoranemix
PGA

The argument is the following :1. If God does not exist, objective morality does not exist.2. Objective morality does exist.3. Therefore, God exists.subjective : to a high degree dependent on opinionobjective : to a low degree (or not at all) dependent on opinionGod : omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent creator of the universeAs requested by my...

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Religious views should not be taught at a young age.

Glen.Malik
pixel20

As one who grew up in a conservative home with a family heavily following the Christian faith, I believe it was a disservice of them to indoctrinate me and my younger brother at such a juvenile age like so many others. People instill beliefs into children who don't think to question their parents because they're to trusting and afraid of what might happen when they die, like so many are. What you learn as a child is incredibly influential, which is why tyrannical men like Hitler indoctrinated...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago