Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Debate: Churches ought to pay taxes

Hayd

Full resolution: Churches ought not be tax-exempt The debate is impossible to accept, apply in the comments if you are interested and I will send the challenge to the applicant of my choosing. First round is acceptance only. No new arguments in the final round....

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Religion is plagerized

Woofis
apglrh

All major modern religions are plagiarized from ancient polytheistic religions base off the sun. I am not saying there is no such thing as intelligent design, the Golden Ratio hints the idea for one,but as far as Islam,Christianity, and other major domination religions go they are plagerized fairly tales. Remember this, if it was possible to travel 10^10^70m you would run into an exact copy of your self....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

hate is a necessary evil

vi_spex
wolf24

religion is only good to end religion.. atheism...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Does God Exist?

wolf24
kidpsyco

Does God Exist? I say yes. Prove me wrong! You start the first argument....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

Muhammad Was a Crackpot, Not a Prophet

DavidMGold
POPOO5560

The proposition of this debate is Muhammad, the alleged prophet of the Islamic faith, was in fact a crackpot that cultivated a pernicious ideology that is responsible for much of the world's conflict and terrorism. I will forego the usual formalities regarding definitions, and so on, asking that my opponent focus exclusively on Muhammad and begin the debate in earnest with their opening. It is my hope that my preference to debate someone who adheres to Islam, but I'm open to debating anyone incl...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Christianity

wolf24
Samitshim

I'm taking the stance for Christianity and its open for whoever want's to refute. Good luck and you start....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Islam is a religion of peace.

Confucius1
CallumFerguson

Full resolution : Islam is a religion of peace. To be clear on what Islam is : the religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah. Motion : Is Islam TRULY a religion of peace? To be clear. I am arguing that Islam is NOT a religion of peace. Round 1: Acceptance only Round 2: Opening arguments (no rebuttals) Round 3: Rebuttals/Counter arguments Round 4: Rebuttals and conclusion (no new arguments) Looking forward to a...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Hijab is Sexist

Jacesus
J-Rivers

First round is introductory. Say your name and your stance with any type of possible information that helps in the debate.Please cite all information you say, unless you write them yourself. Do not use circular proof or try to justify religious actions by saying religion says so, so this proof is inacceptable.My name is Jace, I'm an ex-Muslim from Lebanon, used to belong to the Shiatte sect.I'll be glad to discuss this subject with you in an open mind.Do not start th...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

What church, is the only church spoken of in the bible?

WFTL
dave4southprk

What church, is the only church spoken of in the bible? The only church is the church of Christ, because the bible states it, Romans 16:16, therefore, the only church is the church of Christ....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Has God moved onto a new canvas ?

Jonnyad
harrytruman

I have never practised a religion, have sometimes professed to be atheist. Recently, and I have sought to learn the merits of following various religious beliefs in an effort to understand the very complex human interactions we are currently experiencing globally. I cannot help to recognise that civilisations which according to most religious texts, such as ours, which have so blatantly disgraced themselves in the face of God or Gods have been smote to the Nth degree. Yet no Divine intervent...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago