Religions can be proved or disproved

Religion. There are hundreds of religions in the world. To start off, there's Christianity, then Islam, then Judaism, and lots of other ones. People that stand strong by their religions believe that it can be proved and the other religions can be disproved. I say no. Not to break anyone's dreams or anything, but religions can never be proved or disproved, and they should stay that way. It's all about the leap of faith you take. The leap of faith that can change your life.

Religions can be definitively disproven or proven based on the legitimacy of their claims. For example, you can prove fundamentalist christianity wrong by demonstrating that evolution is true, and thus a fundamentalist interpretation of the bible must be wrong.

And I'd like to ask why faith is worth anything. There's men in asylums with complete faith in their own delusions, but that adds no legitimacy. Why should I believe anything without evidence?

So, you are saying that religion is just like science, it can be proven or disproved. There is a difference though.

There are men in asylums with faith in their own delusions. But we have no way to prove if those delusions are actually real.

I cannot give you much evidence but I can give you this:

Some people believe in one God.

Some people believe in multiple Gods.

Some people believe in no Gods.

Only one of them has to be true. Or can all of them be true. We'll never know, because science hasn't and will never advance to the point where we can prove religions. There's no possible way.

All we can do is ponder.

All we can do is believe.

That's why we call it religions.

ELDRITCH forfeited this round.

My apologies for coming in so suddenly. I'll leave with this.

Religions can't be proved or disproved. If they are, they stop becoming faith and start becoming science.

Thank you for debating with me.

ELDRITCH forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture