Madsolesen
ViceRegent

Religious traditions and rituals should not be passed on to future generations.

Madsolesen

Madsolesen

Pro

In my opinion, religious beliefs from the past have way too much influence on today's society. Regardless of which religion we"re talking about, each and every one of them require the people believing in them to mark and show their religion in some way - either by praying every day, dressing in a special way or other things. Many of the religious people practising these actions find them necessary and they find comfort in them - which I completely respect. You should of course be allowed to do what you like to - but I don"t think these rituals should be passed on to future generations. Babies and young children who haven"t gotten an impression of the world yet should not be born into a certain religion with specific rules of how they should act.
I believe religion was originally created so people could have something to believe in; something that answered all life"s questions. Today, now that we have science, we know the answer to many of these questions, (e.g. that the earth was not created by a god and that there can be no such thing as a healing prophet or a woman getting pregnant without being sexually active), and that"s what causes me to think religion is not necessary anymore.
ViceRegent

Con

Tell us the questions science answers and how you know these answers are right?
Madsolesen

Pro

Happy that so many people are engaged in this debate.
Zantorion, I hardly think it would be necessary to discuss whether religion is reality; as it is accepted and recognised throughout the world, I believe in science. This includes me believing that the earth is more than 2016 years old and that humans are an adapted version of the apes - both things, by the way, proven by modern science.
Going back to the actual debate, I see different rituals such as going to church or praying as time waste. Take extreme muslims as an example; some of these people pray up to 5 times a day - acts of addiction that take up up to 2 hours of their day. I see this as time that could just as well have been spend on valuable activities like contributing to society.
As previously described, I respect religious people and look at everybody with even eyes - I just do not think these old fashion rituals glueing people to the past should be passed on to future generations.
ViceRegent

Con

Apparently pro has ADD.

Dude, can you answer my Q: Tell us the questions science answers and how you know these answers are right?
Madsolesen

Pro

Madsolesen forfeited this round.
ViceRegent

Con

I guess this dude lied when he said science has the answers. I win.
Posted by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
They're all just glorified chain letters IMO.

Pass on this belief to as many people as you can. If you do something I don't like awful things will happen to you for all eternity.
Posted by klaralein 1 year ago
klaralein
I don't think VR realizes that, after losing every single one of his debates (except for two due to forfeiture of the other person), he can't debate. Do you not realize that losing every single time means that you are doing something wrong?
Posted by klaralein 1 year ago
klaralein
VR forfeited almost all of his rounds with me. Talk about running away.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Why do you never answer our questions vice? is it cowardice, arrogance, simply not knowing the answer! you never provide proper arguments in these debates, just insulting people like a 12 year old playing call of duty. I think it is about time to prove yourself. or you will be exposed for your arrogance and ignorance.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
What pagans do is that they too way too much for granted. They assume things that are true that are not. When you expose the fictions upon which they base their arguments, the whole argument comes crashing down.
Posted by ViceRegent 1 year ago
ViceRegent
Is this fool running away? See, when you go after the axioms, they have no idea what to say. I win.
Posted by Madsolesen 1 year ago
Madsolesen
Alright guys, this was not my intension. I'm starting a new debate with the exact same arguments and hopefully also headline (If i'm allowed to). Every one but ViceRegent is welcome to participate. Let's have a good debate. Thanks.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
again vice has no argument but insults. we can be pretty sure that madsolesen doesn't have ADD. not that your insult have any basis in the first place.
Posted by klaralein 1 year ago
klaralein
Plus, con's questions are irrelevant to the actual debate. He has yet to link his questions to the actual argument.
Posted by klaralein 1 year ago
klaralein
And to "destroy a case", you must provide counterarguments, of which you never do, VR.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
MadsolesenViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by klaralein 1 year ago
klaralein
MadsolesenViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con due to forfeiture, however Con asked an irrelevant question and demanded that Pro answer it, and declared himself the winner because his irrelevant question was not answered in his favor, thus I am forced to say that I agreed with Pro after the debate because Con made no argument. Spelling and Grammar goes to Pro because Con has a few grammar errors and uses informal talk and insult. Arguments goes to Pro because Con made no arguments.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
MadsolesenViceRegentTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture