O.Z
devient.genie

Religious vs Not Religious

O.Z

O.Z

Pro

Hi there everyone, OZ here, and I have been around this website frequently and have seen that religious views are one of the major topics. I understand, it is a major thing, something that billions of people hold dear to them, and while viewing one debate, "Is there a fundamental rift between religion and science," it was called, and someone there caught my attention.
devient.genie.
I certainly buy devient, because the way he bashed religion was cruel and made his fellow atheists, whom I hold the highest respect for, look really bad.Not wanting to see my fellow human beings look humiliated like that, I challenged devient.genie to this little debate to shut him up once and for all.
You have followed me long enough, so let's get down to the rules.
1) The first round is for acceptance only, not argument.
2) I know it's hard devient.genie, but be polite. No profanity please, there is no need for it.
3) This debate is to back up your claims that Religion is a sadistic evil organization that bent on halting human progress and the slowing of education, as you put it. You need hard evidence and reasonable claims other than your opinion.
4) My aim of the game is to provide a reasonable rebuttal to whatever he says and try to sway the audience that Religion is not a force of evil and Religion should stop being treated like dirt, and explain why both religious and non-religious people can coincide and work together for a better future. It's religion against no religion at all.
5) Write like a normal person, I could barely understand your comments on that debate, devient.genie.
6)Any sign of rule breaking, and this goes for me as well, such as use of profanity, paragraphs that make no sense, and blatant rudeness will be counted against you.
6) How about this. A three-strike rule. Three strikes, your out.
That is about it. You're up to bat devient.genie.
devient.genie

Con

Win or lose I dont care. Exposing you as an intellectual fraud and offending you is far more interesting and important :)

DevientGenie 2:7--For those who are smarty pants, the Genie is not deviant in any evil way, the second 'e' is testament to that fact. He is merely splashing a glass of ice water on the world :)

CURES 1:1--Free Thought is Not a curse, it's the cure :)

Inept 10:10--Religion is Thought Abortion :)

Thoughts 7:32--Thinking, if everyone did it, who would be religious? :)

Religitards 5:55--If ignorance was body odor, religious beleifs would make you stink like a dumpster of fish and vomit :)

DUH 9:23--You dont need religion to have morals. If you dont know right from wrong, you lack empathy, Not religion :)

BigKids 2:50--"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" - Mark Twain :)

Inept 5:55--Logic, reason, evidence, critical thinking and facts are religions natural enemies :)

ConMen 7:2--They promise you heaven so they can steal this world :)

DevientGenie7:6--We will learn everything we knew before we were born when we die :)

IDIOTS 6:13--Allegories, parables, opinions, apologies, metaphors, interpretations and excuses, these are the ingredients of the religious mind :)

Thoughts 7:17--Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told. religion is doing what youre told regardless of what is right :)

Religitards 1:1--When believing in an unproven god is more important to you than searching for the truth through logic, reason, evidence and critical thinking, you are a religitard :)

BigKids 5:35--Assume Nothing. Question Everything. Start Thinking :)

QUESTIONS 12:20--How many religious people are only religious because they are caught up in a Paradox? People can make decisions based NOT on what they actually want to do, but on what they think that other people want to do, with the result that everybody decides to do something that nobody really wants to do, but only what they thought that everybody else wanted to do, this is known as the Abilene Paradox :)

BigKids 5:18--The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision and contempt freedom of thought becomes impossible--Salman Rushdie :)

Weaklings 9:32--If your faith can move mountains, it should be able to withstand criticism :)

DUH 8:2--Morality is a dressed up word for common sense :)

CaptainObvious 8:50--If you dont know (s)(h)(i)(t), you'll find your life is full of "miracles" :)

LOVE 6:9--Proof that god loves you so much, he let you in on the possibility of eternal torment, just in case you forget, and dont love him back. Thats what friends are for :)

CryBabies 7:53--Geology is the study that shows us that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows us a fossil sequence, the list of species representing changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the EXPLANATION that threads it all together! Creationism is the practice of squeezing your eyes shut, stomping your feet crying, "Does Not!" :)

Religitards 10:2--So my dad told them, "Guys come on, seriously, dont eat that" First thing that (b)(i)(t)(c)(h) does is eat it, so yeah, thats why Im here--jesus :)

BigKids 7:33--Big kids in science are not young enough to know everything, only teenagers and religitards know everything :)

Religitards 7:2--Defending the bully and the bible with its despicable, vile, disgusting and immoral verses, is a great example of the Stockholm Syndrome :)

Quotes 7:10--"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."--Richard Dawkins :)

DUH 10:31--Science is Not the strongest argument against a god. The childish god stories themselves, are the strongest evidence against gods :)

Idiots 3:19--I feel offended by what you have done, here, this is my son, torture and kill him, and be forgiven, oh, and by the way, women are second class --Love, god :)

BigKids 10:10--Question everything. Even science. Scientists question other scientists, and in that way, science is self correcting. Scientists will always be wrong more often then religious leaders simply because they are willing to be :)

Checkmate 7:54--We dont elect representatives so they can tell us when to pray and where to do it. Get the 'F' out of our schools too you lunatic religitards :)

Thoughts 9:58--There are No miracles. Everything is likely or unlikely. Just because something has a 1 in a billion chance of happening, doesn't make it a miracle when it happens, it makes it something that is one in a billion. Who sets the bar on when something is a miracle? There are No miracles, only statistical probabilities and statistical improbabilities:)

DUH 11:33--The pope says atheists pick and choose their morality. That is correct, today I will choose to frown upon child abuse, I will support a womans right to choose, and I will not have a problem with biological differences in sexuality :)

Idiots 6:8--Blasphemy, a word used by religitards who are insecure in their filth, which they call faith :)

PORN 23:20--There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses---ezekiel 23:20 :)

Differences 11:06--Religious leaders have moments of silence, scientific leaders have moments of science :)

CaptainObvious 7:38--The universe is magnificent and stunningly beautiful. No god so obsessed with suppressing sex could have had the imagination to create something so exquisite :)

Idiots 10:33--Misogyny is as common in all religions, as sand is to all beaches :)

DUH 2:19--Asking an intellectual advocate to respect religious beliefs, is like asking a black man to respect the KKK :)

STUDS 8:24--To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason, is like administering medicine to the dead--Thomas Paine :)

BigKids 4:12--Being wrong is exciting to science, being wrong is terrifying to religion :)

CaptainObvious 5:14--Faith is believing without evidence. Delusion is believing in spite of the evidence :)

BigKids 1:28--If you think that science is a threat to a moral world, its obvious that thinking is Not your strong suit :)

Idiots 2:34--If you are skeptical about science but wholeheartedly believe the reason for DNA flooded the whole planet, you are unfortunately delusional :)

ParentalChoices 11:49--Children must be taught the process on how to think, not what to think. If you dont know the difference, youre part of problem with the world :)

CaptainObvious 11:29--If you attend ANY church, mocking another religion is the equivalent of a 500 lb person mocking a 600 lb person. If you dont understand that, donate your brain to science, youre Not using it anyways :)

Inept 7:44--Religion, if you need it to help you sleep at night, youre never really awake :)

BigKids 7:20--There are so many scientists in hell, that its probably air conditioned by now :)

Inept 7:2--Evidence, religious minds use it like a cat uses a toothbrush :)

DeathGames 22:2--Take your son, your only son isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you." (genesis 22:2)

I love people who are willing to kill their children. Willing to kill your child is awesome, it totally proves love :)

Thoughts 1:25-- If you were all knowing, all powerful and all loving, would you allow thousands of human birth defects? If so, Why? Are you lazy, impotent, evil or fake? :)

DUH 3:5--Maybe instead of being born again, people should just grow up :)

DevientGenie 3:45--Religion is a crime against human intelligence. The Genie is a Vigilante against such criminal activity :)
O.Z

Pro

Hello again everyone. Thank you for accepting this debate devient.genie, though I did say that the first round was for acceptance and not argument. I hope this rule breaking will be taken into account by the audience when the voting comes. I also stated for there to be no profanity use and general rudeness. I think your three strikes are up, but since we haven't barely started, I guess I'll let it pass, seeing as you are a pretty rude individual. I also told you to write like a normal person, so it would be easier on everyone to see where you are getting at, and some of your sentences still make no sense. Seeing as you failed to live up to these standards, I do hope that is also taken into account in voting. Now, let's begin.
For starters, you claim to want to expose me as an intellectual fraud yet you don't care if you win or lose. Logically speaking, does't exposing me as a fraud mean that other people have to see me as a fraud to, there fore vote for you? For an apparently intelligent person, your logic is quite questionable. But for now, let's get to your arguments.
Cures1:1 "Free thought is not a curse, it is a cure." First off, let us get something straight. I know in the past that some men have warped religion around for their own nefarious ends, like the days of the Papacy or the Crusades, but the Church is very different than it was back then. I am a testament to this fact. Other religions are more peaceful today as well, while some still are violent. But, again, it really isn't the religion itself. Men take it do what they want because they know it can be used as weapon to control the people who are lost in their spiritual beliefs. To be welcomed into a family where they can belong is a tempting thing to lure people too. But in the right hands, Religion can be just as much a help to people as everyday things. It doesn't have to be bad.
Inept10:10 "Religion is thought abortion." Not so good sir. If people like Einstein thought religion feasible, unless you claim to be smarter than him, (Which I very, very...very doubt,)then it must not be totally void of logic, despite it's supernatural tendencies.
Thought 7:32 "Thinking, if everyone did it, who would be religious?" Uh, everyone?
Religitards 5:55 "If ignorance was body odor, religious beliefs would make you stink like a dumpster of fish and vomit." Well, there is always Febreeze and deodorant.
DUH 9:23 "You don't need religion to have morals. If you don't know right from wrong you lack empathy, Not religion." From Time immemorial,Religion has been with Man. Men had no further understanding to what made the universe they were in then than we do today. Thus, they worshiped gods, and from these, they carved something other than idols of wood and stone. They carved out the morals we follow even today. In a more civilized age, of course we are all well aware of basic morality, but things were different back then. But, in today's world, it is true. You don' need religion to have morals.One could argue that we never did, but that's the way it happened, and both sides of morals, so stop whining about "you don't need religion!" That doesn't make it stupid.
BigKid 2:50 "You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?"
Well now, I didn't know we had Withes and Wizards in the Bible. Cool. A lot of people misunderstand this fact. THEY ARE MIRACLES. They are supposed to be unbelievable, unexplained. It was to show proof of God's power because it was outside the norm. If everyone walked across water, no one would have batted an eye if Jesus did it.
Inept 5:55 "Logic, Reason, evidence, critical think, and facts are religion's natural enemies." (Sigh) You know, I know the whole supernatural thing is too far fetched for some people but honestly, the other stuff that has nothing to do with the supernatural in the Bible is thrown out as superstitious nonsense. Religious or not, you can still learn from this book.
ConMen 7:2 "They promise you heaven so that they can steal this world." Oh really, from who? You, the so called "Intelligent person who relies on quotes from Atheist authors to get him out of an argument that he can't fight on his own?" The one who's got it all figured out? So by your logic, we steal acres of land just by saying you go to heaven after you die? News to me.
Devient.genie 7:6 "We will learn everything we knew before we were born when we die." Um, okay? Mind explaining a little?
IDIOTS 6:13 "Allegories, parables, opinions, apologies, metaphors, interpretations, and excuses, these are the ingredients to the religious mind." Well, you weren't very loved as a child then if your parents never told you any stories to teach you a lesson. In fact, I may need to have a word with them about the snotty child they raised. Opinions? OMG, Opinions are not allowed anymore? OH THE HUMANITY. People use metaphors all the time, everyone interprets things, just like your interpreting religion as an evil thing. So by your logic, you have a religious mind. Excuses? Really? How old are you? Five?
Thoughts 7:17 "Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you're told regardless of what's right." Religion, for the most part, simply offers a reward for doing good things. Who cares if someone told you to do right, you're still doing right! Think of the reward as that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you help an old lady across the street.
Religitards 1:1 "When believing in an unproven god is more important to you than searching for the truth through logic, reason, and evidence and critical thinking, you are a religitard."
Tsk, tsk. Yeah, so I believe in God. Does that occupy every single moments of my time? No. I still live life like any average human being. Who say's I don;t use truth, reason, evidence, and critical thinking? The Bible is our evidence, our reason, and whatever is left unanswered is left to critical thinking by the many theologians we have. I have use critical thinking on deciding on what I really believe, and I guess that makes me a religitard.
BigKids 5:35 "Assume Nothing. Question everything. Start thinking." As I explained in the last one, I questioned everything about my religion, and it only made my belief in it stronger. But, on some level, I agree. You should question your beliefs, because how can you find what you really believe in? Smartest thing you've said all day devient.genie. Good for you!
QUESTIONS 12:20--"How many religious people are only religious because they are caught up in a Paradox? People can make decisions based NOT on what they actually want to do, but on what they think that other people want to do, with the result that everybody decides to do something that nobody really wants to do, but only what they thought that everybody else wanted to do, this is known as the Abilene Paradox.".......Yeah sure whatever. I'm religious because I believe it. It's because I made the choice to believe, not because my parents or the Jehovah's Witnesses down the street broke in and demanded me to convert,(not really).
BigKids 5:18--"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision and contempt freedom of thought becomes impossible--Salman Rushdie."
Are you sure? Because we seem to be able to think freely nowadays. Have you seen this thing called the internet?
Weaklings 9:32 "If your faith can move mountains, it should be able to withstand criticism." Uh, are you kidding me with this one? Yes it can. If it couldn't, it wouldn't still be held in the hearts of the majority of the human population. I'm not exactly straining under the weight of all your intelligent arguments.
Do to only 74 letters I can put down left, I'll finish this up next round.
devient.genie

Con

Guys, let me explain something here. The aryan nation believes in the bible. They use the bible to justify their belief that biological differences in skin color do Not deserve equal rights.

Now, if I was ridiculing and mocking those who were in the aryan nation, nobody would have a problem with that, nobody would say stop making fun of someone who has different beleifs.

Nobody would be saying "it seems to me that you choose to be as unforgiving and intolerant of those who choose not to think and believe exactly as you do"

Why? Because we all know discriminating by race is wrong. So thats why they are at the fringe of society.

However, Not everybody feels the same about biological differences in sexuality, and the christian nation uses the same book the aryan nation does to justify their linacy. Even if you are Not a homophobic christian, why would you want to attach your name to a belief system that is causing hate and division in our government? Suicide rates among LGBT teens is higher than any group!

Why would you want to attach your name to a book that says humans are Not equal, that promotes sexism, that is full of violence?

Why would you want to be involved with a cult that belittles scientific work, that inhibits scientific research because of nothing more than being uninformed about a blastocyst!

Why would you want to be part of an organization that is interested in teaching children in publicly funded schools that dinosaurs and humans lived together, and that the Earth is only 6,000-10,000 yrs old? Its happening today in 2013 in America!

Shame, is all religious humans should feel. Disgust, and embarrassment for worshiping a supernatural being that authorized slavery, that condoned killing women and children for petty BS.

There is no virtue in religious faith, its gullibility, its fake, its childish, and its disgusting. Its people who want to be "right" instead of understanding what we have evidence for in the 21st Century.

Religious faith is a human weakness, and those enlightened enough to know this have been quiet for far too long.

Western Europe treats the god of the bible like we treat zeus. Places like Denmark for example are 75%-80% Non religious, and they have far less violence than the good ol' religious folks here in the USA

If there were real men in the United States around 100 yrs ago that didnt walk on egg shells, we wouldnt be having this conversation right now!

So to the future, Youre Welcome, for men like me are not the quiet (b)(i)(t)(c)(h)(e)(s) of yesterday :)

If you truly are concerned with understanding the universe and life, and not just concerned with being "right", you will shed religion like a cicada does its old body and research and search for more meaningful answers than those written about in the 1st century.

My posts scream of mockery, ridicule and contempt. Your posts speak of nothing other than whining, and stomping your feet wailing "Stop picking on me"

Either all religions are wrong, all are right, or the most arrogant and idiotic answer, "only mine is right"

You are a 21st century human just like me, why did I see the ridiculous nature of religion as a child, yet you and countless billions of other humans suckle from the tit of religion?

I was raised with two loving parents who never divorced, I have 3 brothers and nobody was abused, I grew up religious, yet I decided to question things and you decided to take the intellectually lazy route and say "god did it"

There is no historical proof of jesus resurrection. There is no historical evidence of any of religious tripe, yet countless humans intellectually tap out and remain mentally bankrupt :)

The reason that I unleash ridicule and contempt on religion, is because like the aryan nation, its what religion deserves.

The sheer divisiveness and destructive nature of religion is so apparent, it seems one must try to ignore it, and that is disgusting.

There are 1.6 million homeless children in the USA. ABC news reported in Jan 2013 that 20-40% of them are LGBT who were kicked out of the home by inept piles of DNA who were ashamed of their creation :)

This pathetic result of religious poison is nothing short of despicable.

If humans need an outdated, unproven and ridiculous book to gain morality, they are nothing short of a ball and chain dragging mankind down as we strive to advance to a higher standard :)

There are countless intellectuals, scientists, and other enlightened humans who, although not as politically incorrect and brash as me, agree that religion is a poison :)

Your incessant whining is not a deterrent, your uncomfortable responses make it clear deep down you know as a 21st century human a man never lived in a whale :)

Whine about my political incorrectness, and brash approach all you want, you support the single most divisive and destructive invention in the history of mankind, and you should be ashamed of your inability to question such childish, wicked and immoral teachings as those written about in the holy binky, the adult pacifier that stops man from asking questions, and satisfies him with allegories, parables, metaphors, and ultimately weak excuses for the beautiful and magnificent nature of our universe and life :)

There is no polite way to tell someone they have dedicated their life to a folly--Daniel Dennett

Religious logic: The story of noahs ark is harmless to children.

No, the greatest act of genocide in the history of the planet is Not a good childrens story, even if it is fiction. Penthouse Letters has fiction, youre child doesnt need that either :)

Religious logic: Believing in creationism is harmless.

Yeah, until you have religious groups knocking on public school doors wanting to teach that scientific evidence of evolution is a lie, or that dinosaurs and humans lived together or that the Earth is only 10,000 yrs old. If youwant to lie to them like that, teach tehm its 12 ft from Florida to California, its the same level of ignorance and educational abuse :)

Believing that storks bring babies is harmless too, until you want to teach it alongside verifiable science as an alternative in Sex Ed :)

Believing Elvis is still alive never hurt anyone, until you put "In Elvis We Trust" on our money, add his name to the pledge of allegiance and national anthem, and infect government and education with childish tripe :)

Theres a lot of things that dont really hurt anybody, unfortunately, religion isnt one of them.

Religious people are like a snowflake, individually, there isnt much need for concern, get them in bunches and things get messy :)

Religion is the single most divisive and destructive invention in the history of mankind.

So what if it makes people "feel" good, so does MDMA, now what? Pass out some E to everyone just because it feels good? :)

Religitard says :So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there is no god.

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there is no zeus

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there is no thor

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there are no leprechauns at the end of rainbows

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there are no unicorns who used to fly around

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there is no lochness monster

So in other words you and the other atheists really can not prove that there are no hobgoblins

The list of things we cannot prove is endless, whats your point religitards?

Buddies 9:17--The reason for zombie worms that have sex in whale bones, is a supernatural being that made an appearance in the middle east so we would know to obey no other god nor take his name in vain, or we get a spanking. That was nice to let us know that, because, thats what friends are for :)

RIDDLES 8:36--christian vs islam, who is dumber? mormon :)
O.Z

Pro

Of course we ridicule the Aryan empire because of what they did. And they did use the Bible for their own ends, but just because someone as evil as Hitler used the book to twist Germany around does not make it evil, it just makes him evil. Whoever did something like Hitler did is not a true Christian, not even close. The Bible, no matter what you may think, is a violent story promoting the hardest thing we humans can really hope to accomplish. Peace. The entire Bible can show the horrible things that happen when we fight each other, and so we must strive for peace.
Now, onto your other things.
"Why would you want to attach your name to a book that says humans are Not equal, that promotes sexism, that is full of violence?" Ah, excuse me, but the Bible never did say that Humans were not equal, and any sexism to be had already existed in so many other cultures, it didn't matter. I think I explained once before that these beliefs were necessary for the time as everybody who spoke differently was often punished. But now that we are in a greater society, we can shed these beliefs and promote freedom for all. Yes it is violent, but the whole book is one big lesson to reach us about violence's horrors.
"Why would you want to be involved with a cult that belittles scientific work, that inhibits scientific research because of nothing more than being uninformed about a blastocyst!" Dude, we are not in the 1600's anymore. Most religious people have accepted the use of mainstream science fact. It's not that much of a problem these days.
"Why would you want to be part of an organization that is interested in teaching children in publicly funded schools that dinosaurs and humans lived together, and that the Earth is only 6,000-10,000 yrs old? Its happening today in 2013 in America!" If the majority of Christians have accepted the Evolution theory, then the organization mostly opposes creationism, not support it. And of course the school's will refuse them. It's not like they're forcing them to.
"Shame, is all religious humans should feel. Disgust, and embarrassment for worshiping a supernatural being that authorized slavery, that condoned killing women and children for petty BS." Have you even read the Bible? The Bible never had anything about supporting slavery. Have you ever heard of the Exodus? What innocent women and children were killed? Pride, for religion, is what I feel, and no matter what your religion, people of earth, hold it high!
"There is no virtue in religious faith, its gullibility, its fake, its childish, and its disgusting. Its people who want to be "right" instead of understanding what we have evidence for in the 21st Century." How long are you going to pull this "All religious people believe in Creationism" shtick? How many times do I have to explain to you that most of us have accepted mainstream science fact. Get it through your thick skull! Also, you seem to be focusing on the Creationism Christianity branch of things. This argument is for all religions. You would do well to remember this.
"Religious faith is a human weakness, and those enlightened enough to know this have been quiet for far too long." My God gives me strength in the face of uneducated and ignorant people like you, and just as you speak out, so will I.
"Western Europe treats the god of the bible like we treat Zeus. Places like Denmark for example are 75%-80% Non religious, and they have far less violence than the good ol' religious folks here in the USA." I didn't know Denmark, (Nice place by the way), took up the entirety of Western Europe. You gonna make assumptions like that, you need evidence. Plus, you act like Religion is the sole cause of fighting when it is clearly not.
"If there were real men in the United States around 100 yrs ago that didn't walk on egg shells, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now!" ...Uh egg shells...Yeah.
"So to the future, You're Welcome, for men like me are not the quiet (b)(i)(t)(c)(h)(e)(s) of yesterday." Ha, that's rich. What a Man of outspokenness you are, simply ranting and trolling on a debate website without any intelligent argument. Maybe you should stay quiet, save yourself the embarrassment.
"If you truly are concerned with understanding the universe and life, and not just concerned with being "right", you will shed religion like a cicada does its old body and research and search for more meaningful answers than those written about in the 1st century." Again with the science thing. I think you know my argument for this one by now.
"My posts scream of mockery, ridicule and contempt. Your posts speak of nothing other than whining, and stomping your feet wailing "Stop picking on me." Well, I wouldn't say the same thing for you, with all you are doing is whining about religion.
"Either all religions are wrong, all are right, or the most arrogant and idiotic answer, "only mine is right" A valid point! But in some Hindu beliefs, we apparently all worship the same God under different names. Spooky and interesting.
"You are a 21st century human just like me, why did I see the ridiculous nature of religion as a child, yet you and countless billions of other humans suckle from the tit of religion?" Maybe you are just an odd one?
"I was raised with two loving parents who never divorced, I have 3 brothers and nobody was abused, I grew up religious, yet I decided to question things and you decided to take the intellectually lazy route and say "god did it" Good for you, truly. And I'm glad you questioned things. It seems you found what you truly believe in.
"There is no historical proof of Jesus's resurrection. There is no historical evidence of any of religious tripe, yet countless humans intellectually tap out and remain mentally bankrupt."
Well of course not! The mystery and awe of it would be lost if we had proof of it. As God has mentioned many times in the Bible, keeping faith in him is at the top of his list, no matter what odds they faced.
"The reason that I unleash ridicule and contempt on religion, is because like the Aryan nation, its what religion deserves." Shouldn't you be saying I ridicule Christianity, because that seems to encompass your entire idea of Religion. There are others out there too. And what, did Jesus take your wallet or something?
"The sheer divisiveness and destructive nature of religion is so apparent, it seems one must try to ignore it, and that is disgusting." We do not ignore, in fact, we all do well to remember it. We take the evils from the past as a lesson to fix our problems and build a better future.A lot of Religions today are very different from the days of the past.
"There are 1.6 million homeless children in the USA. ABC news reported in Jan 2013 that 20-40% of them are LGBT who were kicked out of the home by inept piles of DNA who were ashamed of their creation." Well, that certainly sucks for them, but I don't see how religion had anything to do with it.
"If humans need an outdated, unproven and ridiculous book to gain morality, they are nothing short of a ball and chain dragging mankind down as we strive to advance to a higher standard." Again, not all religions have a bible sir. I am arguing on behalf of all of them. The Bible is a tool to teach those without a way in life The Way. No matter what you say, hundreds of millions look to this book for guidance.
"There are countless intellectuals, scientists, and other enlightened humans who, although not as politically incorrect and brash as me, agree that religion is a poison." Ah, you said you are politically incorrect. That explains it. Enlightened, yeah right.
"Your incessant whining is not a deterrent, your uncomfortable responses make it clear deep down you know as a 21st century human a man never lived in a whale." Uncomfortable? I think I've been calm the whole time. And I know that he didn't live in a whale. He was only there for three days.
Do to lack of letters I'll have to cut this short.
devient.genie

Con

Atheism, unlike religions and cults, atheism is Not a belief system, it is a conclusion one arrives at because of logic, reason and critical thinking :)

Lets explain. Atheism is a word for non belief in a god.

Now, non belief in leprechauns has no word, have you ever heard of an A-leprechaunist?

Non Belief in horoscopes does not have a word, have you heard of an A-astrologist?

However non belief in a god has atheism.

Now you and I can agree that there is no way to prove leprechauns or horoscopes, there is also no way to disprove them, same goes with a god.

However, the only one of the three examples that has a word for non belief, is the non belief in a god.

Logic, reason and critical thinking lead you to the conclusion that leprechauns and horoscopes are a statistical improbability, even though you cannot prove or disprove them, you arrive at the conclusion of their non existence, thru logic, reason and critical thinking, but you dont get a label for non belief in them.

Just because logic, reason and critical thinking lead someone to the conclusion that its a statistical improbability the reason for the universe was created by a being that cares how humans cut their hair and organized a human sacrifice and resurretion earns them the label atheist, means nothing.

So again, atheism is simply a conclusion one arrives at, not a belief system.

Atheism is the result of applying logic, reason and critical thinking, something that religious humans have a hard time using correctly :)

Brainwashed and delusional are Not insults, even though they work fine as insults, they are an unfortunate diagnosis for ALL RELIGIONS.

Just because christians retired from extreme violence, doesnt make them less delusional, it makes them less committed to their religious roots :)

If you read the bible and dont see the filth, donate your eyes to scientific research, they dont work :)

When people place more emphasis on growing up instead of being born again, then the planet is on the right track :)

I will fight ignorance and stupidity that infects government, and schools until either the ignorance and stupidity dies or I die.

I will hold religion in contempt until either religion dies or I die.

I am not interested in incessant whining about coddling ignorance that has poisoned society so much, that childish beliefs about a sky daddy are dividing people.

People should be ashamed as a 21st century human, but shame wont enter their feeble mind because they treat research and education like its a venomous spider and avoid it.

The sheer fact that humans in the 21st century do Not understand that homosapiens evolved over billions of years is because they turn a blind eye to evidence.

Religion impedes science and tells children Not to question life and to accept that they were created by a bully who ordered people stoned, committed the greatest act of genocide by flood in storytelling history and organized a human sacrifice in the middle east to show forgiveness.

Its pathetic and a disgusting insult to human intelligence.

When it comes to the truth, your beliefs, my beliefs, nobody's beliefs matter. Its whats we know and what we have evidence for that matters.

We have evidence of Evolution by natural selection, its a basic tenet of all biology.

Inability to comprehend biology, does not validate other beliefs, it only validates ignorance of biology :)

Deism and the idea of a creator, or intelligent designer, is one of the greatest illusions of all time.

A true intelligent understanding of evolution and science, is so corrosive to religious beliefs, that John Scopes went to trial in Tennessee for teaching evolution in school, just 88 yrs ago.

That same level of ignorance, caused by the poisonous effects of religion, that took John Scopes to trial, is why equal rights in a court of law are even an option in 2013.

If there is No religion, then marriage in a court of law is as controversial as eating a Snickers bar on break :)

Denying scientific evidence of cumulative evolution by Non random natural selection, is the equivalent to denying water is H20.

This isnt a joke. Here is a mere microscopic number of references.

Evolution in action: Lizards moving from eggs to live birth-- National Geographic 2010...Its happening today!!

Cornell University 10 Mis-Understandings of evolution.

Everything you need to know about evolution University of Berkley

Baylor University (baptist college) FAQ page on evolution

The Smithsonian Institute: Evolution

Agnostic is as bogus a word as atheist, both completely unecessary traps. There is no word for a non astrologer or non alchemist. Just because the bible is infecting millions of people worldwide, means nothing :)

21st Century Intellectual Honesty simply says "I don't know everything, and the reason for everything is Not an even 50/50 bet or coin toss. Its a statistical improbability the reason for all the stars and galaxies is zeus, horus, or in anyway concerned with your sex life. Zeus, is a statistical improbability, divine sex monitors ar a statistical improbability, horus and the long list of statistical improbabilities is endless"

I dont need to know every answer in the universe or how it all started to know that the reason for everything had an old man buld an ark instead of just making each creature again after his temper tantrum flood.

Big kids are Not young enough to know everything. Just because I cant expalin why the laws of physics are so precise, doesnt automatically mean jesus is my savior, or that the reason for everything is concerned with my sex life :)

Only religious minded clowns or otherwise ignorant bigots deny equal human rights in 2013 :)

Believe whatever religious lunacy or superstition you want, just treat it more like your genitalia and keep it to yourself, dont whip it out in public, dont use it for show and tell or any other time at school, and dont shove it down kids throats :)

If you do treat your lunacy and superstitious "Elvis is alive" or "the reason for the sub atomic world is concerned with my sex life" beliefs private, you will silence the torment you suffer from us pesky thinkin' folk, with all our fancy evidence and stuff :).

Because we need to convince the christian nation, to stop infesting our government, poisoning our schools, denying human rights, hurting people and telling lies :)

Then its real simple, it really is, humans are smart and strong in 2013, saying otherwise is condescending and an insult to Mankind. Teach our kids something relevant for today and for the next 100 yrs. :)

We've indoctrinated religion into their heads as soon as we could, lets try indoctrinating current 21st century understandings at a young age and make everything age appropriate, thats not too tough, right? :)

Lets teach kids the process on HOW to think, instead of indoctrinating WHAT to think. Let kids have free thought and free expression, Do Not Limit their understanding of what mankind has discovered in the 21st Century. Teach them to be good because they want too, and they want to leave a legacy, and they want to be awesome for no other reason than they believe in themselves. That has far more virtue than doing good because you are going to get a reward or avoid punishment after death.

So here's the deal kids, here is what religion is teaching our children: Everytime god makes something beautiful, that pesky devil finds a way to twist it and make it ugly. Stupid devil! Perverting the act of sex is the main way the devil goes about hurting god and people. satan is so sneaky that he uses sexual temptation to lure us into degrading ourselves, without god in your life, the devil will win because you are weak, you are nothing, you need god, you are nothing without him, without god you are a sick pervert, he is your master, he is the one calling the shots, he is running the show, you are just a puppet slave in a fictional sadomasochists world :)
O.Z

Pro

Uh, yeah, we know what an Atheist is. Thank you for that enlightening lesson that already knew. Also, what's the deal with all the sex talk? You said don;t whip it out, and yet almost every sentence it has something to do with your apparently terrible sex life. No one cares.
Now to business.
"Atheism is the result of applying logic, reason and critical thinking, something that religious humans have a hard time using correctly." I don't know. I think I've analyzed almost everything you have said so far, not counting the ones I was forced to skip because of lack of characters, pretty thoroughly with at least reasonable points. However, I am not an Atheist. It doesn't matter if you're Atheist or not, anyone can arrive at a smart conclusion at one point.
"Brainwashed and delusional are Not insults, even though they work fine as insults, they are an unfortunate diagnosis for ALL RELIGIONS." I find it hard to believe you grew up religious with this kind of nonsense spewing from your mouth. Who are you? Bill Maher? We don't brainwash, at least not my religion, and I think that goes for everyone else's too.
"Just because Christians retired from extreme violence, doesn't make them less delusional, it makes them less committed to their religious roots." More like returned to our religious roots. The Bible is a book of peace told through violence. The idea of Christianity is not fighting anyone, to turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, treat someone the way you want to be treated.
"If you read the bible and don't see the filth, donate your eyes to scientific research, they don't work." Perhaps it is not my eyes that need to be checked.
"When people place more emphasis on growing up instead of being born again, then the planet is on the right track." Learning about ourselves and learning about what is right and wrong in a way that makes us feel like we are born again is a key to growing up. When I am an adult, I want to strive to be the best person I can for others.
"I will fight ignorance and stupidity that infects government, and schools until either the ignorance and stupidity dies or I die. I will hold religion in contempt until either religion dies or I die." I will be sure to attend the funeral.
"I am not interested in incessant whining about coddling ignorance that has poisoned society so much, that childish beliefs about a sky daddy are dividing people." Really? You seem to be pretty interested in pointing out my ignorance.
"People should be ashamed as a 21st century human, but shame wont enter their feeble mind because they treat research and education like its a venomous spider and avoid it." Again with the science thing. You really don't get it do you? If anyone should be ashamed of their ignorance, it is you good sir.
"The sheer fact that humans in the 21st century do Not understand that homosapiens evolved over billions of years is because they turn a blind eye to evidence." Okay, enough of the creationism gags dude. Creationism isn't as big a belief as it was back then, and if they reject it, who cares? As the majority of people have accepted evolutionary theory, we can still continue to move forward.
"Religion impedes science and tells children Not to question life and to accept that they were created by a bully who ordered people stoned, committed the greatest act of genocide by flood in storytelling history and organized a human sacrifice in the middle east to show forgiveness." Again, we are focusing on ALL religions, do you even read my arguments? We were made to ask questions, and the Bible encourages it. People being stoned was a common punishment back then, not just for Christians and Jewish peoples, the story of the flood was one of a second chance for mankind. If you recall, all the men at that time were wicked and evil, with no hope of moving forward except one. God saw this man as the world's salvation and granted us a second chance. Only one human sacrifice is recorded and that goes to Abraham and Isaac, which didn't end up hurting anyone. It was a test of faith, and Isaac was never in any real danger.
"When it comes to the truth, your beliefs, my beliefs, nobodies beliefs matter. Its what we know and what we have evidence for that matters." I agree, so it doesn't matter that you hate religion and it doesn't matter that I think it is a force for good. But what I do KNOW is that Religion will never go away, as much as you want it to, and EVIDENCE points out that as long as we keep fighting about it, people won;t get anything done.
"We have evidence of Evolution by natural selection, its a basic tenet of all biology." Again, not everyone believes in creationism.
"Inability to comprehend biology, does not validate other beliefs, it only validates ignorance of biology." Again, Creationism isn't the main thing. You seriously need more research on this.
"Deism and the idea of a creator, or intelligent designer, is one of the greatest illusions of all time." Sorry, you said what you believe doesn't matter, so I guess this sentence is irrelevant.
"A true intelligent understanding of evolution and science, is so corrosive to religious beliefs, that John Scopes went to trial in Tennessee for teaching evolution in school, just 88 yrs ago." It's just 'One rotten apple spoils the bunch' for you huh? Yes, that was wrong, but that doesn't speak for anyone else.
"If there is No religion, then marriage in a court of law is as controversial as eating a Snickers bar on break." Why are you arguing against religion when someone is forcing you to stop eating Snickers bars during break?! This is the real problem!
"Denying scientific evidence of cumulative evolution by Non random natural selection, is the equivalent to denying water is H20." I worry about you dude. Ill put it plainly. CREATIONSIM. IS.NOT.THE.SOLE.BELIEF.OF.RELIGION.
"This is not a joke." With the way you're talking up things, it's hard not to laugh. But I agree, this is no joke.
"Big kids are Not young enough to know everything. Just because I cant explain why the laws of physics are so precise, doesn't automatically mean Jesus is my savior, or that the reason for everything is concerned with my sex life." Wait what? Big kids are not YOUNG enough to know everything? Explain that to me, because that makes even less sense then your arguments. I believe in the laws of physics, and I believe in Jesus. Just because Physics exist doesn't immediately destroy the belief in any religion.
"Only religious minded clowns or otherwise ignorant bigots deny equal human rights in 2013." You have my word that it is mostly ignorant bigots, though since you regard religion as a nasty business and everyone having to do with basically the Devil, I suppose you won;t take my word for it. Oh well.
"Believe whatever religious lunacy or superstition you want, just treat it more like your genitalia and keep it to yourself, don't whip it out in public, don't use it for show and tell or any other time at school, and don't shove it down kids throats." Oddly enough, I agree. Jesus never forced anyone to listen to him. People came and listened on their own accord. Congrats, you said something smart, crude as it sounds.
"If you do treat your lunacy and superstitious "Elvis is alive" or "the reason for the sub atomic world is concerned with my sex life" beliefs private, you will silence the torment you suffer from us pesky thinking' folk, with all our fancy evidence and stuff." ...WTF? Um, is Elvis in the Bible? I didn't know that.
"Because we need to convince the Christian nation, to stop infesting our government, poisoning our schools, denying human rights, hurting people and telling lies." Noble as your intentions may sound, your methods are far from breathtaking.
Again, I'll have to cut this short due to lack of words left, but I expect a good argument when I get back from Paintball this afternoon.
devient.genie

Con

Religious Intellect: Why do we die, if we were perfect we wouldnt die. god made us mortal

Intellectual Honesty: Exactly, life isnt perfect. Wow, what an intellect, you figured out life isnt perfect. Nature is indifferent. Nature is not evil. Birth defects and death are the result of either, natural errors, or the result of an impotent, evil, lazy or fake designer that monitors your sex life:)

Religous intellect: Nothing can just pop out of nothing!

Intellectual Honesty: Did you get a flu shot? Why? There is nothing new out there as something cannot evolve or just pop up out of nowhere, you should already be immune to every bad bug your imaginary god created :)

Religious Intellect: Evolution is too unlikely to happen by chance!

Intellectual Honesty: Lets see if an anology of how natural selction works, hopefully this dumbs it down enough. Imagine you could hold 20 dice, these dice represent particles, each side has a number 1-6 which represent different mutations. If you throw them, the chance of you getting all 6's is 1 in 3,656,158,440,062,976. If you threw a hand every second, it would take you more than a million years, to get all 6's. So getting all 6's, is extremely unlikely, but out of those 20 dice(particles), you'd probably get a few sixes(favorable mutations), right? So if those mutations, I mean 6's, we're put aside, what would happen if you continued to throw the remaining particles around to bounce off each other? In just a few throws, you would have reached your goal of getting all sixes. Evolution is NOT random, its a process of selecting that takes place over Billions of years :)

Religious Intellect: Some of the world's leading geneticists and evolutionists are christians

Intellectual Honesty: The emphasis in that statement belongs on the word "some". And a small some that really is:

Its not an exact number, but the consensus is only between 1-5% based on research.

The vast majority of the scientific community and academia supports evolutionary theory as the only explanation that can fully account for observations in the fields of biology, paleontology, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, and others.

One 1987 estimate found that "ONLY 700 scientists out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists give credence to creation-science". Thats less than 1%

An expert in the evolution-creationism controversy, professor and author Brian Alters, states that "99.9 percent of scientists accept evolution".

A 1991 Gallup poll of Americans found that about 5% of scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists.

Additionally, the scientific community considers intelligent design, a neo-creationist offshoot, to be unscientific,pseudoscience, or junk science. The U.S. National Academy of Sciences has stated that intelligent design "and other claims of supernatural intervention in the origin of life" are not science because they cannot be tested by experiment, do not generate any predictions, and propose no new hypotheses of their own.

In September 2005, 38 Nobel laureates issued a statement saying "Intelligent design is fundamentally unscientific; it cannot be tested as scientific theory because its central conclusion is based on belief in the intervention of a supernatural agent."

In October 2005, a coalition representing more than 70,000 Australian scientists and science teachers issued a statement saying "intelligent design is not science" and calling on "all schools not to teach Intelligent Design (ID) as science, because it fails to qualify on every count as a scientific theory".

Paul Hanle of the Biotechnology Institute warned that the United States risks falling behind in the biotechnology race with other nations if it does not do a better job of teaching evolution. James McCarter of Divergence Incorporated states that the work of 2001 Nobel Prize winner Leland Hartwell which has substantial implications for combating cancer relied heavily on the use of our evolutionary knowledge and predictions. McCarter points out that 47 of the last 50 Nobel Prizes in medicine or physiology also depended on the use of our understanding evolutionary theory :)

So again, Its not an exact number, but the consensus is only between 1-5% based on research. However, at the end of the day, when all the dust settles, its poison, its just a matter of splitting hairs, semantics, and a few interpretations of lunacy, then put it together, call it a religion of some sort, and a human can be poisoned by religious dogma, regardless of genius level intellect, to also be a creationist. Now thats some powerful poison :)

Religious Intellect: Well what do you have faith in you dont believe in a god?

Intellectual Honesty: An Atheist, besides being a pointless word, is not someone who is completely devoid of beliefs, just devoid of beliefs in a god. I believe in doing good because you want to Not because you will get a reward after death. I believe in teaching children the truth instead of fairy tales. I believe in monogomy. I believe in the shot clock and three point line in basketball. I believe religion is the single most destructive thing mankind has created. I believe in democracy. I believe in foreplay. I believe that scientific advances in medicine save more lives than prayers. I believe in philanthropy. I believe in sticking up for the underdog and those who cant for themselves. I believe actions speak louder than words. I believe that you are surprised by the size of this response. I believe that nature is indifferent and Not evil. I believe in a playoff system in college football. I believe religion is divisive and dangerous. I believe that everybodys friend is really nobodys. I believe in myself. I believe that when mankind embraces the truth based on evidence and Not faith, mankind will prosper. I believe in being an organ donor. I believe Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I believe if you have to lie to your children and motivate them to be good for fear of eternal punishment is a weak and insecure way to raise children. I believe there is more virtue in doing good for mankind because you want to make life better, instead of doing godd for mankind to earn a scooby snack when you die. I believe the universe is too magnificant and mysterious to be created by a being who uses human sacrifice to show love and forgiveness. I believe in loyalty. I believe that these comment sections are not big enough to fit everything I believe in:)

Religious Intellect: "You can still change your eternal destiny, through jesus christ, because without him, the destiny you're headed towards will be torment"

Intellectual Honesty: Listen to how arrogant and self seeking that is, I have to listen to a being who has a circumcison covenent with men but no covenent of any kind with women, or I am going to get a spanking?

However, if I do get on my knees, I get a scooby snack, wow, thats cute.

Now take your holy binky and go night night, its that type of delusional thinking that is retarding the growth of human conciousness :)

Religious Intellect: I believe in science. Science is in the bible.

Intellectual Honesty: You say you believe in science, yet everytime I tell you something about science, you say it is somehow wrong because it doesnt fit your story, or you find a way to say 'god did it for a reason we just dont know what that reason is'

That way, by using that statement right there, gives god full reign to do whatever he wants and stone whoever he wants in the old testament, and tell whoever he wants to cover their head when they pray in 1 Corinthians in your precious new testament. Violent sexists, dont make beautiful, magical and inspirational universes :)

BigKids 8:9--Just be the best parent possible, be patient and THINK, and when you get the urge to convince your children that the reason for gravity was tortured and killed on a cross in the middle east, slap yourself
O.Z

Pro

Well now that I am back from paintball we can finish this.
Look I'm not sure where this Religious Knowledge is coming from, and a lot of it does not seem to fit with what I am trying to tell you. For instance, the first part. Life isn't perfect. Dude, why do you keep attacking the stuff that barely 1% of the religious people believe in, and if its below one percent, why is it such a problem with you? I never said God causes birth defects or diseases and only by prayer can he save you. That's a ridiculous assumption. Also with your Flu shot thing, I think the Creation of the Universe is a bit more broad on the scale than a Flu shot.
"Intellectual Honesty: Lets see if an analogy of 'how natural selection works, hopefully this dumb's it down enough. Imagine you could hold 20 dice, these dice represent particles, each side has a number 1-6 which represent different mutations. If you throw them, the chance of you getting all 6's is 1 in 3,656,158,440,062,976. If you threw a hand every second, it would take you more than a million years, to get all 6's. So getting all 6's, is extremely unlikely, but out of those 20 dice(particles), you'd probably get a few sixes(favorable mutations), right? So if those mutations, I mean 6's, we're put aside, what would happen if you continued to throw the remaining particles around to bounce off each other? In just a few throws, you would have reached your goal of getting all sixes. Evolution is NOT random, its a process of selecting that takes place over Billions of years." Listen man, read my text on the board. I never said that Evolution is stupid or anything like that. I agree with it. There is no point in displaying your knowledge of it in this debate. I get it!
"Intellectual Honesty: The emphasis in that statement belongs on the word "some". And a small some that really is: Its not an exact number, but the consensus is only between 1-5% based on research." Look, that's just Christianity, but again , we are focusing on all religions. Again, you don't need to explain that most scientists accept all fields of genetic science, as MOST PEOPLE ALREADY DO, as I agree with it as well. Seriously, open your eyes. I agree. Why are you talking to me like I don't? I have no qualms against bio technology, Stem cell research and other medicinal sciences, advancements in medical equipment , and similar sciences. So do most people. You are just focusing on the one percent of people who believe in Creationism.
"Intellectual Honesty: An Atheist, besides being a pointless word, is not someone who is completely devoid of beliefs, just devoid of beliefs in a god. I believe in doing good because you want to Not because you will get a reward after death. I believe in teaching children the truth instead of fairy tales. I believe in monogamy. I believe in the shot clock and three point line in basketball. I believe religion is the single most destructive thing mankind has created. I believe in democracy. I believe in foreplay. I believe that scientific advances in medicine save more lives than prayers. I believe in philanthropy. I believe in sticking up for the underdog and those who cant for themselves. I believe actions speak louder than words. I believe that you are surprised by the size of this response. I believe that nature is indifferent and Not evil. I believe in a playoff system in college football. I believe religion is divisive and dangerous. I believe that everybody friend is really nobodies. I believe in myself. I believe that when mankind embraces the truth based on evidence and Not faith, mankind will prosper. I believe in being an organ donor. I believe Pete Rose deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. I believe if you have to lie to your children and motivate them to be good for fear of eternal punishment is a weak and insecure way to raise children. I believe there is more virtue in doing good for mankind because you want to make life better, instead of doing good for mankind to earn a scooby snack when you die. I believe the universe is too magnificent and mysterious to be created by a being who uses human sacrifice to show love and forgiveness. I believe in loyalty. I believe that these comment sections are not big enough to fit everything I believe in." Dude, just because you don't believe in Jesus doesn't mean I am going to condemn you to hell. I'll let Jesus judge you, not I. But I am also Democratic, I watch some College football, I'm not sure who Pete Rose is, but different from you, the only difference from me and you, is that you don't have religion and I do, and you don't think it deserves to be around, but I do. I respect everything about your position, really, I do, but Religion is a part of people's everyday lives, regardless of anything. it will always be around, so there is no use complaining about it unless its doctrine dictates that you kill or steal, something which most religions do not.
I don't say that your path only lies with Jesus. It is your choice.
"Intellectual Honesty: You say you believe in science, yet every time I tell you something about science, you say it is somehow wrong because it doesn't fit your story, or you find a way to say 'god did it for a reason we just don't know what that reason is." When did I say anything like GOD DID IT? Could you provide an example. I never disagreed with you about the scientific part of this debate, I agreed with you, but you just keep complaining about my faith in God.
In this final round of posting in my round, I urge the audience to please listen to me, as my opponent here seems hopeless to be swayed. Religion does not have to be evil. It has been with us since the beginning of time, and it will be till the end of time. I have provided as much as I can to rebuttal the Cons arguments, which as I have pointed out, some make no sense and are blatantly rude, something I'm sure you voters out there will take into account as he probably broke every rule I have laid down. The first step in believing in anything is believing it could be done, and I believe that if we stop this fighting, Religion and Science can coexist without further quarrel. It will take tolerance from both sides. If someone refuses to share your beliefs, simply tell them to have a nice day, and turn the other cheek. Who cares if some people believe in Creationism over Evolutionary theory? Really, unless they are banging down your door, I see no reason to treat them like stupid people. That's another thing I would like taken into account when the voters choose. I said ALL RELIGIONS would be debated, but the con simply ignored this and focused on a belief system that didn't number within the majority of others beliefs, that being Creationism, because he apparently thinks all religion believes in Creationism. I however, have represented all religions the best I could and have reminded Con before. But the choice, really, comes down to the people. Do you really want to accuse religion of fighting when you are just going to start more because it is "Illogical?" Then vote Pro, for a better future for all, without fighting, for Peace. Picking Con would mean you want to essentially eliminate Religion from the face of the Earth, a task that would kill off most of our population, and further continue this meaningless fight. Con, thank you for this opportunity to Debate, and I'll see you around. Vote Pro. Good Day everyone.
devient.genie

Con

Pansy pascals wager is ridiculous. Its like playing the lottery, Its even the lottery catch phrase too, "You cant win if you dont play" :)

So while everyone and their buddy pascal are making irrational wagers based on a statistical improbability in the first place, I'll be a good human who is not only an organ donor, and philanthropist but an intellectual advocate with a perpensity to benefit children simply because I want to, Not because Im going to get a scooby snack when I die :)

Let me give you an example of how pascal is a tard :) Who is god? How did you hear about him? Can I read anything he wrote anywhere?

There are thousands and thousands of different "gods" to choose from, zeus, all of mythology, and all hindu gods, etc etc. millions

What about thousands of years before the story of jesus. Dozens of "gods" all born on Dec 25th, all born of a virgin, crucified, dead for three days, resurrected, all had 12 disciples, and performed miracles, star in the east, known as lamb of god, king of kings, alpha and omega. Know your history, all these "gods" are from thousands of years prior to the story of jesus, yes thousands of years prior, this isnt a simple heads or tails here like pascal implies in his "wager"

Lets say we have a list of all the gods that humans have believed in thruought time. zeus, horus, romulos, jesus, allah, attis, mithra, osiris, etc etc millions

Next to each god there is a box to check "yes" or "no" for the ones you believe are real and the ones you believe are fairy tales.

After we both turn in our lists, there will be a 99.9% similarity. We will both check "no" on all of them, except some will have one "yes", just one.

So we are both atheist, I just went one god further and checked No, next to the slave supporting sexist!

Many will say they are right because since the earth and all its creatures are so complex and diverse there had to be a creator.

However, when we take that logic and apply intellignce to it, here is what they are saying:

"The human brain is more complex than any supercomputer, so its obvious the reason for everything is going to have 12 disciples, 13 would just be stupid :)

"The fact that we are the only creature that is as smart as we are obviously, and clearly shows that th reason for everything will be crucified and rise after 3 days, 4 days is just stupid :)

"The earth is so complex and diverse, it couldnt have just come from nothing, therefore, jesus is my savior, zeus would be stupid"

"If you have nothing, then you get nothing, so that automatically means that the reason for everything has a circumcision covenent with men, but no covenent of any kind with women"

"Humans are so complex, look at the eyeball, our veins, everything is just right, so it makes perfect sense that life was created by a being who can convict you of thought crimes such as lust"

"Proof of a creator is all around us, look at the irreducible complexity of everything, that clearly shows that the reason for everything must be loved, worshipped and obeyed or you are subject to an eternity of punishment while those who did get on their knees are fine"

Since 1982, between 40% and 50% of adults in the United States say they hold the creationist view that "god created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" when Gallup asked for their views on the origin and development of human beings. As of 2012, the percentage of believers decreases as the level of education increases. Only 25% of respondents with postgraduate degrees believed compared with 52% of those with a high school education or less. A 2011 Gallup survey reports that 30% of U.S. adults interpret the bible literally :)

I hear some parents teach their kids that the universe was created by a supernatural being that ordered people stoned, and organized a human sacrifice in the middle east to forgive mankind, have any of you guys heard about this?

Apparently this "being", is very jealous and got upset once and threw a temper tantrum flood thousands of years ago, and if you dont love him, you could get a spanking :)

Supposedly many experience the Stockholm Syndrome and worship this petty bully, weird huh?

Gullible Nation:

1) Believes all planets, stars and galaxies were created by a being that organized a human sacrifice and resurrection in the middle east thousands of years ago :)

2) Believes denying humans equal marriage rights is ok because the reason for gravity is concerned :)

3) Believes that the reason for the sub atomic world of particles and DNA was all created by a being that knows how to keep slaves and told us how in his holy book :)

4) Believes that the reason for the earths rotation, is a being that helps Ray Lewis win the Superbowl but still allows birth defects :)

CaptainObvious 6:2--Cherry Picking, because there isnt a better term to use for the selection process of the religious mind when it comes to beliefs and scripture :)

BigKids 9:25--Atheists are just A-Santa Claus-ists, who continue to keep it real :)

WAKEUP 8:12--The idea of an all loving creator sacrificing a son for our sins is driven by a wonderful sounding delusion of afterlife. Religious leaders simply prey on those delusions, why do you think they dont want evolution taught in school, who is scared of nature and the truths we know about it? :)

Sweethearts 5:3--So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up; let"s go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home." (Judges 19:25-28)

BetterHalf 3:11-- If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity--Deuteronomy 25:11-12

PettyBitch 1:7--This is what the Lord says: "Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. 12 You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.""

13 Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord."

Nathan replied, "The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. 14 But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the Lord, the son born to you will die."

15 After Nathan had gone home, the Lord struck the child that Uriah"s wife had borne to David, and he became ill. 16 David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and spent the nights lying in sackcloth on the ground. 17 The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.

18 On the seventh day the child died. David"s attendants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, "While the child was still living, he wouldn"t listen to us when we spoke to him. How can we now tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate."--2 Samuel 12:11-18

Pranks 3:17--Take some salt, pepper, hot sauce, or whatever you like to your catholic mass or other religous event and where you are given something to eat, put on your favorite condiment upon receipt of the offering :)

WISHES 3:2--Remind everyone you know that if there is something we don"t know or don"t understand yet, it doesn"t mean that god exists. It just means that we have a lot to learn and to explore :)
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Lawl. Pro's such an idiot. An insult to atheists, really.
Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
"What part of my argument indicated I was furious? I have been pretty calm the entire time"

Ouchies 11:6--Proliferating a religious fairy tale in front of the Genie, is akin to jumping off a high dive platform into an industrial sized wood chipper :)
Posted by O.Z 4 years ago
O.Z
Dude, I get it. Shut up already, no one cares!
Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
You worship a slave supporting sexist interested in infanticide, violent abortion, and rubbing poop in peoples faces. What a clown :)

leviticus 25:44-46

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

1 corinthians 14:34-35
The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church.

hosea 13:16

The people of samaria must bear their guilt,
because they have rebelled against their god.
They will fall by the sword;
their little ones will be dashed to the ground,
their pregnant women ripped open

malachi 2:2-3

2 If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name," says the lord almighty, "I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

3 "Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it.

Your Love in Poop,

The Morality Master
Posted by O.Z 4 years ago
O.Z
I await your further arguments. Have a nice day.
Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
So it doesnt surpise you that a man could live in a whale for three days, but it surprises you that people mock you for thinking that its ridiculous?

You claim to believe in god, yet you also claim to believe in scientific evidence that refutes your god story, how more obviously hypocritical can a human be?

There is only one truth you stupid brainwashed moron, either your book of filth or the scientific evidence.

Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
I will address the ignorance in person soon enough my lost murder worshipper. Yes, you worship a murderer, if you say you dont, you havent read the bible :)

Worshipping a murderer is a sickness, ask any sane person. Murder is wrong, what are you stupid, of course you are, you worship a murderer :)
Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
Your filthy book says man was made from dust and his rib used to make a woman. Then their two sons had incestuos relations to populate the planet. Now you can call that a metaphor to protect your childish beliefs, but that is just the religitard uneducated little moron brain you have lying to yourself.

You cant believe in evolution and the bible without being a hypocritical loser. You cant beleive in the bible if you are a thinking person.

So you are either a non thinking moron or a hypocritical loser, lovely :)

Beautiful and magnificent universes are Not created by pro slavery sexists who are genocidal flood maniacs you delusional clown :)
Posted by O.Z 4 years ago
O.Z
And a grown mn you are? I was told when i was a child tat an adult is supposed to be considerate of everyone and everything around him and to be on his best behavior. I guess my thoughts about what really makes a man is wrong. Or, you just arn not a real man, and can't bring himself to speak out in person, only troll across the internet.
Also,
"Moreover, since he is aware, however dimly, that his opinions are not rational, he becomes FURIOUS when they are disputed." --Bertrand Russell.
Plus, men have survived through worse things then simply whales, it would not suprise me to find if it was true.
Posted by devient.genie 4 years ago
devient.genie
Are you on drugs, or just naturally stupid? Show me where I said you were furious?

"the lord is my shepard", isnt that what you religitards like to say?

So again,if your imaginary friend cant convince me to shut up and blindly follow his tyrannical threats, your "dude" talk is futile :)

Your imaginary friend is your filthy god you idiot. If htreats of eternal damnation dont stop me from following rules, then your "Keep it in the debate dude" talk is futile.

No wonder you keep saying you cant understand my posts, I am far to fast for you.

My guess is youre a teenager, and a nerd at that. You are an insecure uneducated cry baby, who honestly believes a man lived in a whale for three days, what a religitard :)
Vote Placed by Sargon 4 years ago
Sargon
O.Zdevient.genieTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate is nearly impossible to decipher.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 4 years ago
MrJosh
O.Zdevient.genieTied
Reasons for voting decision: My eyes hurt now, thanks. PRO gets conduct, but that's all I can see to give to anyone.