policydebategod
RepublicanView333

Remove the Qualifications for President

policydebategod

Pro

America is built on the basis of its people being allowed to vote on who it sees fit to lead but the founding fathers made an error when applyig limits. These limits make it so that the American people can not choose who they see fit. It also takes away the right to lead by citizens. Many foreigners would like to run for president but are barred for the position. Also, age, if a younger person wants to run for president and stand for youth rights, they should be allowed to. In the beginning of America, the president discriminated as well, blacks, women, non- protestants, and the poor were barred from running.
RepublicanView333

Con

thank you for challenging me to debate i hope it goes well,

First of all you are correct on the ways America was built but it is nessisary for the good nature of our country that we have regulations so that our country doesn't pick a incompatint leader. First of all let me state the regulations for who can be president:

Must be born here.

Must be a citizen for atleast 14 years

Must be atleast 35

Now each of these has a reason. The reasin you have to be born here is b/c that nonborn here cittizens are firstly citizens of another country and might have other prioritys than what are best for our country. that is what a Presidents job is; to do do what is best for our country.

The citizen is b/c of dual citizenship. A person might be vacationing from france here in...Las Vgas. And they have a baby there that baby is a dual citizen. When its 18 it will choose what country to live in and then it will get naturalized.

And the 35 is for maturity reasons. The job of president is a really IMPORTANT job the most important in the country. And for our country we want the best suited for the job. A 25 year old person who just got our of college and isn't fully matured isn't best for the job. you need experience for the job. Now remember the President runs the country for atleast the next 4 years. Alot can happen when a inexperienced, younggun is living in the White House.

your last statement,:

" the beginning of America, the president discriminated as well, blacks, women, non- protestants, and the poor were barred from running."

Now the only thing i have to say to that is it isn't "the beginning of America" anymore. Just look at the two leading Democratic runners. A black, muslim man, Obama, and a woman, Clinton.

Now for your last statement,:

" if a younger person wants to run for president and stand for youth rights, they should be allowed to"

That young person should... run for congress(which the age limit is 25) Then for Senate(The age limit is 30) and if he still desires run again for president this way he/she would have more experience and be more mature to be our leader.
policydebategod

Pro

- Now each of these has a reason. The reasin you have to be born here is b/c that nonborn here cittizens are firstly citizens of another country and might have other prioritys than what are best for our country. that is what a Presidents job is; to do do what is best for our country.
+ It should be the citizens of America who decide that. Look at Arnold Swarzwenegger, he was born in Europe and has done a great job at governer of California but will never be able to help the American people as president.

- The citizen is b/c of dual citizenship. A person might be vacationing from france here in...Las Vgas. And they have a baby there that baby is a dual citizen. When its 18 it will choose what country to live in and then it will get naturalized.
+ I don't understand your point. I should not have to respond to something that I cannot understand. Anyway, if you are born here, you are a citizen. This qualification is irrelevant and Americans should be able to decide.

- And the 35 is for maturity reasons. The job of president is a really IMPORTANT job the most important in the country. And for our country we want the best suited for the job. A 25 year old person who just got our of college and isn't fully matured isn't best for the job. you need experience for the job. Now remember the President runs the country for atleast the next 4 years. Alot can happen when a inexperienced, younggun is living in the White House.
+ Explain why Americans cannot decide this. There are some 10years old that are more mature than some 35 year olds. Look at Bobby Brown, OJ Simpson, etc. People don't just suddenly become mature when they are 35. When you are 34, why not be allowed to run for president?

- your last statement,:
+ I agree. Discrimination should stop and you just conceeded that! I win!!! I win!!!I win!!!

-Now for your last statement,:
+ Why should that person be forced to choose? HEY!!! HE WONT BE FIGHTING FOR YOUTH RIGHTS IF HE IS NO LONGER YOUTHFUL!!!
RepublicanView333

Con

Hey,

"It should be the citizens of America who decide that. Look at Arnold Swarzwenegger, he was born in Europe and has done a great job at governer of California but will never be able to help the American people as president."

-There is a huge difference between running 1 state and 50. Arnold Swarzwenegger only won the California governorship because of his movies it is one reason I'm against Fred Thompson. Though he's a republican, I'm afraid, Libs will attack him b/c of his movie's and shows and that that's the only reason he won Republican caucas.

"I don't understand your point. I should not have to respond to something that I cannot understand. Anyway, if you are born here, you are a citizen. This qualification is irrelevant and Americans should be able to decide."

- It is relevant. Apparently you don't kno the specifications of Dual citizens. Lets say a French person might be vacationing from france here in...Las Vegas. And they have a baby there that baby is a dual citizen. When its 18 it will choose what country to live in and then it will get naturalized. That 18 year old if he wants to be american or french. Though it is still similar to the first reason it is very important.

+ "I agree. Discrimination should stop and you just conceeded that! I win!!! I win!!!I win!!!"

-How does this possibly mean you win. I proved you wrong. You acted as if woman couldn't vote or blacks were still slaves. I proved you wrong by saying that the top to democratic comtenders are a black man, and a woman contradictory to what you said so..."I win!!! I win!!! I win!!!"

"Explain why Americans cannot decide this. There are some 10years old that are more mature than some 35 year olds. Look at Bobby Brown, OJ Simpson, etc. People don't just suddenly become mature when they are 35. When you are 34, why not be allowed to run for president?"

-I don't like saying this but it is because the people of america might not be mature enough to choose a good leader. Lets say...Jessica Simpson ran for office. She's only like 30 right. People will vote for her because of here work and nice physic. Yes, there are some immature 35+year olds but, this is the President of our country we are talking about. Do you really want a 25 year old guy out of college running this country whose opinion is swayed on the simplest notion. We need a leader who is firm and will stand ground against opposition. A 20-25-30 year old isn't hardened enough to stand up for what they believe in. It takes Experience, determination, Priorities, andExperience to run this country...something that a "young person wouldn't have.

"Why should that person be forced to choose? HEY!!! HE WONT BE FIGHTING FOR YOUTH RIGHTS IF HE IS NO LONGER YOUTHFUL!!!"

this is exactly like I said b4 to be a good president you have to have prioritiys and be strong and determined. If this person really cares about youth rights he would stand for it while gaining Experience in Senate while fighting for youth rights then take it to the white house if he was determined, and he could get it done. If he would give it up since he wasn't "youthful" then if he dropped something as minor as youth rights is he really a good choice to handle bigger more important issues.

Vote, Experience, Vote Determination, Vote Priorities, Vote McCain
policydebategod

Pro

+ That is total speculation. Arnold is doing a great job as governer. Arnold can handle all 50 states just because hes a foreigner does not mean that he cant handle 50 states.

+ You just copy and pasted the same argument! Expain your argument! He will choose citizenship of one country and that country will be America, he is the president. The American people are capable enough of electing a president.

- I said that discrimination used to take place in voting between blacks and women and you said that was wrong. You conceeded that discrimination is wrong that means that I win. If not, you at least loose on the argument

-I don't like saying this but it is because the people of america might not be mature enough to choose a good leader. Lets say...Jessica Simpson ran for office. She's only like 30 right. People will vote for her because of here work and nice physic.
+ That is more speculation. These points dont even make sense but anyway wouldnt they vote for her 5 years later for her physic anyway if your logic is true? Proving that 35 years old does not make you anymore qualified especially because u have a nicer physic.

-Yes, there are some immature 35+year olds but, this is the President of our country we are talking about. Do you really want a 25 year old guy out of college running this country whose opinion is swayed on the simplest notion. We need a leader who is firm and will stand ground against opposition. A 20-25-30 year old isn't hardened enough to stand up for what they believe in. It takes Experience, determination, Priorities, andExperience to run this country...something that a "young person wouldn't have.
+ A 20 year old has advisors and will have significant experience. A 20 year old will be more determined than a 35 year old because they have more energy and can reform America more with their younger views. Young people have priorities too...

-this is exactly like I said b4 to be a good president you have to have prioritiys and be strong and determined. If this person really cares about youth rights he would stand for it while gaining Experience in Senate while fighting for youth rights then take it to the white house if he was determined, and he could get it done. If he would give it up since he wasn't "youthful" then if he dropped something as minor as youth rights is he really a good choice to handle bigger more important issues.
+ It is his personal issue of whether to gain more experience or not and the American people's issue. Young people are more determined, stronger, and can have the same priorities as older people.

Vote, Experience, Vote Determination, Vote Priorites, Vote for Any Candidate That You Choose Instead of Being Regulated
RepublicanView333

Con

You kno this debate just really annoys me know...Obviously your young but I'm younger. The reasons for these qualifications Are for the best of this country. We can't just go around letting any one run to lead it. I'll show you what the anyone off the street you'd elect to lead would have to worry about.

Its not like running a monopoly board. You have to worry about 300,000,000 people. You have to worry about Foriegn Policies, Foreign Relations, Hmeland Security, Wars, Welfare, Rights, Unions, Taxes, Health Care. Its not just supporting some thing that you have a passion for. If Youth Rights is all you want then run for senate, Its more likely to get through that way than being president.

Now,

"You just copy and pasted the same argument! Expain your argument! He will choose citizenship of one country and that country will be America, he is the president. The American people are capable enough of electing a president."

Yes, I copied the same arguement b/c u didn't adress it you just said you didn't get it. With the further info I provided I hoped you'd get it but obviously...you didn't. It is similiar. The dualie would grow up in France or where ever learning for what ever is best for there country. If we allow them immediately here and they decide to run they will have a head filled with France priorities not U.S. give them that time and allow them to learn American Priorities then they can efficiently run for office and be a good AMERICAN leader.

"I said that discrimination used to take place in voting between blacks and women and you said that was wrong. You conceeded that discrimination is wrong that means that I win. If not, you at least loose on the argument"

I never said you were wrong discrimination was ONCE present not anymore. So, you brought up a invalid arguement you still acted as it was true. I still depicted it to you that this is the 21st century not the 19th in which Blacks and Woman couldn't Vote (by the way Lincoln and his REPUBLICANS fixed that)

"That is more speculation. These points dont even make sense but anyway wouldnt they vote for her 5 years later for her physic anyway if your logic is true? Proving that 35 years old does not make you anymore qualified especially because u have a nicer physic."

The only reason I brought this up is because the people can be swayed to voteing for something by the media. That happened w/ Arnold Swartz and we were lucky to have a good leader in him. (can't expect any less in the Terminator) but that is why we have the Electoral College.

You kno a 20 year old still wouldn't be ready. Even advisors wouldn't help them. When your 20 you don't have the right criteria. They my have priorities but there not the right ones. What don't you get. a 20 year old right out of college or high school. They have literally no life experience. They don't know whatis out there They feel they are invincible and can do anything...they can't...

Now I'm only 13 and I have already realized that.

Now I more thing a 20 year old will never be elected president. The citizens will never bite for it. As president once again you have to:

worry about 300,000,000 people. You have to worry about Foriegn Policies, Foreign Relations, Hmeland Security, Wars, Welfare, Rights, Unions, Taxes, Health Care.

A 20 year old will never be able to do that...some 40-50 year olds can't
Posted by RDJORD 9 years ago
RDJORD
I think he OR SHE should.
Posted by RDJORD 9 years ago
RDJORD
Hmmm...I would remove the age qualifications for congress & the presidency because I think it would
a) make the election system more inclusive
and
b) increase voter turnout (among our generation…and probably among the previous generations who wouldn't want us in office)

I understand CON's position on the value of experience, but at the same time I highly doubt that an "underage" candidate would be taken seriously unless it was perceived that they were mature enough to handle the job.

Would the American people elect an 18 year old? Most likely not.

Should that 18 year old have an opportunity to run for office? I think he should.
Posted by Chuckles 9 years ago
Chuckles
who told you that Barack Obama is Muslim? are you crazy? If he truly was, i can almost guarantee you he would not be a frontrunner, due to American ideas about Islam.
Posted by gack1224 9 years ago
gack1224
"A 20 year old will never be able to do that...some 40-50 year olds can't"

I have to go PRO on this one. You concede this point which tells me that even people who meet the qualifications are inept. Therefore, I agree with PRO because the American people are capable of selecting a President regardless of age. I've posted on this debate in a different round/debate but basically you need to get rid of at least the age qualification to make things reasonable. Let the people decide if someone's ideas are stupid. If a 15-year-old tries to run, let them lose because the American people saw no good from them instead of a law that simply endorses a statement that continues to be proven false, "with age comes experience".
Vote Placed by Mharman 3 months ago
Mharman
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by Rlancer55 9 years ago
Rlancer55
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by solo 9 years ago
solo
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by BronxBomber7 9 years ago
BronxBomber7
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by moderate84 9 years ago
moderate84
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by clsmooth 9 years ago
clsmooth
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by BB1 9 years ago
BB1
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by Bigmomma1 9 years ago
Bigmomma1
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by righty10294 9 years ago
righty10294
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied
Vote Placed by V-Fab 9 years ago
V-Fab
policydebategodRepublicanView333Tied