Artie
Mulan

Removing Religion from Politics

Artie

Pro

Even though I am an atheist I have respect for religions and I understand people who are religious. Some of the most amazing people I know in life are old regular Baptist and I would entrust my life to them. The passion and love they show to their God can inspire me, an atheist. That being said I do not believe that we will progress as a country and even a species if we allow politics to be so widely controlled by religion of any kind. I believe United States elected officials should be allowed to practice their individual religions (whatever they may be) in their personals lives, and do so without prejudice. However, I believe they should not to be allowed to use their personal religion as a campaign advantage, or use religion to make laws and decisions for our country. We should take religions out of politics same as we did schools, because we are a country of many religions. I believe only one religion can dominate the entire country at a time leaving no room for other religions, so there is no neutral ground.
I believe you religion is a life decision that only you can make for yourself, like an opinion everyone feels differently. There are so many different people in the US and so many cultures and religions, and that to me is amazing. However, I believe that because there are so many differences that a politician must be a neutral party at all times to effectively run a country and lead it to progress and prosperity.

Question Up for debate: Should we remove religion from politics, similar to the way we have in some schools?
Mulan

Con

heres why ur wrong:

1. atheism is going to hell , how can the goverment sponsor people going to hell, that is a human rights issue. we cannot be a goverment like nazi germany and send eveeryone to hell. Atheists are also more likely to die Cite: http://www.nejm.org...

2. no religion is not removed from politics , because u got to represent people with religiones not just ppl that hate god.

3. people is use their faith to love and not hate.
Artie

Pro

Artie forfeited this round.
Mulan

Con

im sorry that my opponent is forfeit, maybe he decide to go to church. well i will restate my arguments. Religiones are good for politics because u need be representative of the poopulation and that mean that u cant have all nonreligous because most people are religious. and so that is why u should have religione in politicans
Artie

Pro

Artie forfeited this round.
Mulan

Con

Mulan forfeited this round.
Posted by CodingSource 1 year ago
CodingSource
"Religion and politics represent two different worlds; two different kinds of power. History clearly demonstrates that when governments try to mix politics with religion, people's individual rights are trampled upon and the church loses credibility. A good example of this is found in the life of Roger Williams, a pivotal figure in the establishment of religious liberty in the United States. From the very beginning he was spurned by the religious and civil authorities of his time." - Bible Bay

Although I am a Christian, I strongly believed that religion should separate from the state. It is because of religion why our government didn't pass the RH Bill and Divorce which would certainly help the society. RH Bill would control birth rate and thus, the population, which is one of the factors why our country can't distribute the resources properly.