Republican Chicks Are Hotter

Started: 9/30/2013 Category: Funny

Are you kidding? Do you even watch FoxNEWS?

-Megyn Kelly
-S E Cupp
-Ann Coulter
-Michelle Malkin

I mean really..... Case closed.

Oh, let us not forget about our former VP nominee Sarah Palin.... Hubba Hubba!

Rather than attempt to argue that Democrat women are in any way more attractive, sexually, romantically, or otherwise, I would rather argue against the resolution today in general as there is no objective way to come to a conclusion in this debate. (1) For one thing, he's using his own standard of beauty in order to determine the attractiveness of the examples he put in his argument, a standard that might not correspond to other people and henceforth, is inherently subjective. There are people who don't find Ann Coulter particularly attractive. I don't find Ann Coulter particularly attractive. There are people who have commented that she resembles a man to them. [1] I personally find Angelina Jolie very attractive, for example, but there are some who don't agree. However, my standard of beauty won't be entirely the same as another person's, and neither will theirs. The existence of a single person who doesn't find these women attractive shows that people's modes for attractiveness can vary, and the lack of a universal standard of attractiveness makes it impossible to objectively determine that any woman, Republican or otherwise, is beautiful to everyone. One could try to see how many standards of beauty a woman's attractiveness fits and estimate a majority, but my opponent neither looks up polls in order to see how many people find Republican women more attractive than Democrat or realizes that even a single disagreement that Republican women are more attractive proves there is no universal standard. Also a majority of people finding a particular subgroup of women attractive will not automatically change the minds of the people that don't find them attractive, so to say that these women are attractive in absolutes would be an inaccurate statement. (2) For another thing, he's also generalizing the idea that people will find all Republican women attractive and provides only a few examples in order to back up this claim. Maggie Gallagher, a former president and chairman for the National Organization of Marriage, is known to be staunch social conservative and a supporter of the Republican Party, and the general description that people have of her is that she is overweight and unattractive. [2] Yes, many people find Gallagher unattractive, but that is only in the eyes of the beholders who see her. Please refer to point 1 for further information.

So ultimately, the way that the argument concludes is that the resolution cannot be resolved upon, and any arguments that try to prove the attractiveness of either Republican or Democrat women will inherently inaccurate and void. Henceforth, I should be the winner of this debate.

Posted by Weiler 3 years ago
I guess very few people noted that this debate was filed under the "funny" category. It certainly seems like my opponent took it a little to seriously.

Honestly I was waiting hours for others to respond in several debates and I threw this one round debate into the funny category so I could get the three completed debates and have voting rights on DDO.
Vote Placed by donald.keller 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: S&G wasn't an issue. Conduct: I can't stand when people act like they have already won, it's terrible conduct, "I mean really..... Case closed." Sources: Con had 2 sources... 2 more than Pro. Arguments: Pro spent the time drooling over some (not very attractive) women, while Con actually argued his side.
Vote Placed by Beverlee 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con says that there are not enough examples of attractive Republican women listed to prove that all the other women are also attractive, which is true. Con also points out that the women in the list are not even universally attractive, which is also true. (I think Palin looks like Peggy Hill for King of the Hill. The others are far too mean and snobby. Not attractive to me, so Con was right.) Con also used sources and Pro didnt.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This debate has some interesting points of debate theory. Pro offered as evidence only five examples of Republican women. It's the fallacy of hasty generalization to suppose that five examples prove something about millions of Republican women. He would have had a better chance arguing FNC women. Con's counter that beauty is subjective and hence cannot be determined is also a hasty generalization. Statistics show widespread agreement on beauty, and beauty contest contestants have many similar attributes. Pro had the burden of proof, however, so his failure to prove his case means he lost Arguments. Con's arguments were faulty, but Pro made a one round debate, so he didn't have a chance to rebut them, leaving them standing. Don't instigate one round debates.