AustinS_99
ho11yw00d

Republican is better than democrat

AustinS_99

Pro

To start of this round I'd like to state on my behalf that I am a republican but I'm willing to see both sides of things. I look forward to this debate

First things first republicans are for the people. No not just the rich people but also poor. They want unemployment down and jobs to go up and less government control which I find to be a needed thing in our society today. America does not need a dictator telling us what to do and how to do it. It's not called land of the free for no reason. Now some laws and regulations I do agree should be enforced like the committing a serious crime and what not but people should have the right to do what they want. A republican is someone who is for the people and I stand by that
ho11yw00d

Con

Democrats plan to take money from rich people and waste it on government programs that actually make poor people stay poor. They want to open the boarders to allow illegals in, promise them the world, not deliver, but still get them to vote Democrat anyways. Democrats want to divide the nation into groups to label those they like and don't like(The Rich, The Middle class, the poor, Big Oil, The corporations, Wall Street, etc.). It's very easy target an entire group, than single individuals or companies. The mindless eat this stuff up.

The media backs Democrats. Nearly every major news outlet is Liberal(Besides Fox news). The editors or producers usually only hire those with left wing beliefs because it matches their own. They group together to take down those that disagree with them. Example: In 2008, a California proposition passed that voted to outlaw gay marriage. This was a vote by the people. It passed something like 52% to 42%. The news articles focused on spewing hatred towards the groups that pushed for the propositions adoption. The news media would constantly cover the endless court battles that were brought forth by gay/liberal groups. When the Supreme court recently allowed gay marriage to be legal, the news media posted nothing but happy people flying rainbow flags all over the place. It was a huge celebration that covered all outlets of the media. What of the 52% that voted against this in liberal California? In 7 years, the media took those 52% of people and made them feel like they are bigots for believing in traditional marriage. In 2016, if you mention that gay marriage is not right, you are outcast. Did 52% of California really change their minds on a centuries old tradition in only 7 years? Or is the media condemning their beliefs to the point of "silence is better than solitude"? The media is biased and the Democrats use that to their utmost advantage.

This is the start. Back to you Pro. What do you have to say to that?

http://www.wsj.com...
AustinS_99

Pro

It sounds to me like you're a republican like I am and seem to be downing the democrats which I am doing as well. What I'm saying is that government roles should not be played into everyday day lives and that the republicans are trying to do that.
And I know that democrats are trying to tax the rich more but the rich earned that money which should call for a flat tax. If you earned it then you should be able to keep it. And I know that democrats are trying to divide the nation which is why the republicans need to be in here. And I know what you're saying about the border thing. To be honest I completely agree with making our borders more strict and sending illegals back. I believe we are both fighting in favor of republicans here... I can see you are putting democrats down and I agree with you there. Less government control more people power
ho11yw00d

Con

Democrats have overwhelmingly become extremely liberal over the past 15 years, more so in the last 5 years. They are not shy about proclaiming how progressive they are. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton spent two hours arguing over which one is more liberal and who will be able to provide more government in the most recent debate. They both got a hug from the moderator, Rachel Maddow(another bias example of the American media). Imagine Rush Limbaugh moderating a Republican debate then hugging Ted Cruz after asking him softball questions. Why do Democrats get to do or say anything they want and the media gives them a pass?

I liken the bias to this scenario:

There are two sick men: The first man sneezes into a tissue, then washes his hands and then goes to shake your hand. He is treated as though he has the plague and told to remove himself. The second man sneezes in your face, spits on you, rubs snot all over you, then french kisses you. He is told, thanks.

That's how Democrats are better. They are indestructible.
AustinS_99

Pro

AustinS_99 forfeited this round.
ho11yw00d

Con

I forfeit.
Posted by ho11yw00d 1 year ago
ho11yw00d
Clap, Clap.......Finally. Thanks Midnight.
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Wait, I see the sarcasm...
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Uh, are you serious right now? It's obvious that photo is of a female, you must be a troll.
Posted by ho11yw00d 1 year ago
ho11yw00d
How is the picture a representation of a female? Because the person has long hair and wears bright colors? You are sexist.
Posted by geho89 1 year ago
geho89
"Our society is gender neutral." I assumed you were a female from your profile picture and you assumed that I am a part of your society? What society is this? Even if that is the case, then why is there still observable inequality between a man a woman.
Posted by ho11yw00d 1 year ago
ho11yw00d
geho89 - That was an extremely sexist comment. How dare you refer to anyone as he or she. Our society is gender neutral. The LGBTGMXEDGTER society would be all over you.
Posted by geho89 1 year ago
geho89
I came in here to check out the debate and it seems that ho11yw00d is arguing as Pro when she is Con. This is something Reformist pointed out.
Posted by ho11yw00d 1 year ago
ho11yw00d
Austin - Send me a PM to talk. This guy Reformist is a stalker and follows me all over this website and involves himself in every debate and conversation I have. I completely played him in a debate to get him to go away, but he just doesn't take the hint.
Posted by AustinS_99 1 year ago
AustinS_99
ho11yw00d I believe we're fighting for each other instead of against haha who do you want for president? just wondering if you don't mind me asking
Posted by ho11yw00d 1 year ago
ho11yw00d
Here you go again, Reformist. Being a stalker. Go find your own debate. Get out of here. Go back to your Bernie rally.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 1 year ago
kkjnay
AustinS_99ho11yw00dTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, this isn't really a debate. Both sides are arguing the same position, and both sides forfeit.