Epicow2003
VigilantOwl

Republicans are Better at Helping the U.S then Democrats

Epicow2003

Epicow2003

Pro

First round to accept, you can write anything if it is related.
VigilantOwl

Con

Honestly neither are doing a good job at helping anyone. The democrats are too caught up in trying to help third world countries and stopping global warming to help the people of the U.S. populous. The republicans are trying to get things through, this is true, but both parties are being too stubborn to listen to one another. Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty debate.

The statement that you have made, dare I say with a few elementary typos, says that Republicans are better at helping the U.S. then the democrats. Now this isn't entirely true, Trump, the unfortunately most likely candidate to take office on the republican side, wants to build a wall on the U.S. Mexico border, now don't get me wrong I know we have an illegal immigrant problem and infact that problem is arguably growing. But wasting time and money building a massive wall across the border isn't going to help, it could arguably be easier to make more jobs by increasing border patrols, not to mention significantly more cost effective. Now I know that Trump wants to make Mexico build the wall, but this probably won't work. If nothing else it will just hurt the U.S./Mexico relationship. Trump also states that what he is going to do is make a "better America" but he hasn't really given a very clear path to that better America. And with the Democrats hell bent on making sure the Republican don't get anything done, it's going to be pretty difficult to reach that "better America"

Before I move on to my next argument I want to put out there that I know the statement I'm supposed to be arguing against is Republicans are better at helping the U.S. then the Democrats. I feel like the best way to represent this argument is to look at what each parties respective candidates for the presidency are going to do for the country. Rather than looking at past issues between the two parties I want to look at what the future holds and what the parties are going to attempt to do. Before I go any further I think I should state my view of this statement. Many would believe that I would side with the democrats because I'm the con in this debate, this is in fact not true. While I do believe that Republicans are not helping the U.S., neither are the Democrats.
Epicow2003

Pro

Epicow2003 forfeited this round.
VigilantOwl

Con

Oh... looks like I scared off my competition. Well it was fun while it lasted, even though I'm the only one that said anything.
Epicow2003

Pro

Epicow2003 forfeited this round.
VigilantOwl

Con

Well that was eventful (sarcastic tone used here).
Posted by Epicow2003 1 year ago
Epicow2003
Sorry, I couldn't get into my account for a few days. Fixed it if you want to redo the debate :).
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: DebaterGood// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Only because Pro forfeited.

[*Reason for non-removal*] Votes on full forfeit debates are not moderated.
************************************************************************
Vote Placed by DebaterGood 1 year ago
DebaterGood
Epicow2003VigilantOwlTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only because Pro forfeited.