Leo_Ascendent
Trupsebteri

Resident Evil was better when it was Survival Horror

Started: 10/3/2013 Category: Games

Leo_Ascendent

Pro

Resident Evil was released in the mid 1990's as a Survival Horror game that pit you against a virus that turned the living into undead monsters, if they were lucky.

Over the years, the game has devolved into run-and-gun play thanks to the 'success' of Call of Duty, Battlefield and Halo. There is no longer any puzzles, or complex ones anyway, no feeling of terror and dread.

The series is all about packing as much button mashing, boulder punching action into the game as possible and no longer about the fight for survival, the characters ahve become shadows of their former self and no longer represent what the series once was.
Trupsebteri

Con

I accept the challenge and look forward to an interesting debate.

I will represent the stance that just because the game has changed, it doesn't mean the game has grown worse. On the contrary the game has changed to meet the needs of the fanbase and is still an enjoyable experience.

The characters are still the same and have only changed in the way that seems natural to their individual story arcs.

Good luck.
Leo_Ascendent

Pro

Leo_Ascendent forfeited this round.
Trupsebteri

Con

Trupsebteri forfeited this round.
Leo_Ascendent

Pro

Leo_Ascendent forfeited this round.
Trupsebteri

Con

It seems my opponent never had any intention of debating and simply wanted to state a point. I urge you to vote con simply due to the absence of my opponent. Thank you.
Posted by Beverlee 3 years ago
Beverlee
Resident Evil should be retired as a line. It is cool as a zombie stomp action game, but it was better how it started. Its all about Dead Space now...