PotBelliedGeek
Berginatior

Resolution: The theory of evolution is false according to the teachings of Islam

PotBelliedGeek

PotBelliedGeek

Con

My opponent will argue for the resolution, and will assert that the theory of evolution is contradictory to the teachings of Islam. I will attempt to refute my opponents arguments using religious theology and scientific data. BOP is on my opponent. I give the opening argument to my opponent.

Definitions:

Evolution: the process by which life developed and diversified on earth via mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, and gene flow as determined by the consensus of modern scientists.

Teachings of Islam: Those found within the Quran and Sunnah, as understood by the Sahabah and the early scholars, excluding those introduced via cultural or other methods in latter centuries.
Berginatior

Pro

I would first like to clarify that taking the teachings of Islam literally (much like Evangelical Christians taking the Bible literally) would obviously disagree with all the scientific evidence of Evolution via natural selection. I myself have not read the Quran, therefore I am not totally familiar with the Islamic creation story. I would much prefer for this argument to be debated on scientific terms. If you have any actual rebuttals against Evolution via natural selection and/or anything about the theory of Evolution I'd be happy to challenge you on these.
PotBelliedGeek

Con

Clause 1:

"I would first like to clarify that taking the teachings of Islam literally (much like Evangelical Christians taking the Bible literally) would obviously disagree with all the scientific evidence of Evolution via natural selection."

This is the only statement/assertion made by my opponent supporting the resolution. My opponent provided no evidence or supporting arguments, and thus the assertion here does not qualify as an argument. I ask my opponent to support this assertion with evidence, and then I will establish rebuttals in round 3.

Clause 2:

"If you have any actual rebuttals against Evolution via natural selection and/or anything about the theory of Evolution I'd be happy to challenge you on these."

Here it seems that my opponent misunderstands the resolution, and the position he accepted to argue for. I advise my opponent to review the resolution carefully, and support the assertion he made in clause 1.
Berginatior

Pro

Berginatior forfeited this round.
PotBelliedGeek

Con

I suspect that my opponent may FF this debate.
Berginatior

Pro

Berginatior forfeited this round.
PotBelliedGeek

Con

I invite my opponent to present an argument in support of the resolution.
Berginatior

Pro

Berginatior forfeited this round.
PotBelliedGeek

Con

My opponent has presented no arguments, and forfeited this debate. Please vote Con.
Berginatior

Pro

Berginatior forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I think Con should have read the Koran at least before accepting the debate.
Trying to prove that Evolution is against Islam is very difficult if you don't understand the scriptural basis of Islam.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
lol but the contender didn't understand the resolution.
Posted by Sswdwm 3 years ago
Sswdwm
Followed, this looks interesting...
Vote Placed by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
PotBelliedGeekBerginatiorTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. The BoP was on Pro and he failed to give any supportive arguments or continue this debate, losing both the conduct and arguments. I have studied the Qur'an and there doesn't seem anything in there that explicitly violates the theory of evolution, however it is said that Adam was formed in heaven before he was brought to Earth, which is something that is different than what evolutionists state about human origin, however I guess the theory of evolution could still apply to everything but the first humans, and that doesn't make the theory of evolution false from a scientific perspective as the theory would still explain phenomena and make accurate predictions.