imabench
Agent_Orange

Resolved: Abraham Lincoln never existed....

imabench

Pro

I will be debating that Abraham Lincoln never existed, con will be arguing for the existence of Abraham Lincoln....

The burden of proof is on the con to prove that he does exist. Therefore Con can use the first round to introduce 'evidence' for the existence of Lincoln....

3 round debate, 4000 characters, nice and short.

I know there are a lot of people who already believe that lincoln exists, but when voting on the debate please use the arguments within this debate instead of your own political bias when allocating points.
Agent_Orange

Con

I will be arguing that Abraham Lincoln, did in fact exist.

I present this historic video featuring the 37th president of the United States Richard Nixon, in his bout against my grandfather Black Dynamite. At 3:45, President Lincoln is clearly visible. I look forward to my opponents attempt to argue against this evidence

;
imabench

Pro

A video of lincoln is not evidence that he ever existed!

*Scoff scoff scoff*

If that were the case, then Santa Claus, talking M&M's, and the Easter Bunny would also have to exist according to these videos as 'evidence' of them!

The truth is that there is no proof that Abraham Lincoln ever existed.
Agent_Orange

Con

Just because they're are videos of things that don't exist does not mean that everything in a video does not! Santa claus and M&M are not on trial here and my opponent has no evidence that the video in question is not factual or that Santa and the M&M people do not exist! I present exhibit B! A video of......My opponent!!!!

Clearly he does exist! Let me remind you that my opponent has asked for you to"please use the arguments within this debate instead of your own political bias when allocating points." SO! He has not shown any proof that the video that I posted is not factual or that Santa Clause and the giant humanoid M&M's exist.

As far as I'm concerned he tried to counter my evidence with a video of Santa Clause hanging out with sentient candy pieces. A non sequitor if I ever saw one

imabench

Pro

"my opponent has no evidence that the video in question is not factual or that Santa and the M&M people do not exist! "

Its common knowledge that M&M people and Santa Clause were all taxed to death thanks to Obamacare, I dont need to give evidence for that! Whats next, I havent given evidence that 2+2= Fish? Give me a break...

"A video of......My opponent!!!! Clearly he does exist!"

Oh this is just unreasonable now. This footage is clearly doctered and inadmissable. Look at his hair, nobody could have hair look that good! My existence/non-existence isnt the one in question though, its that of Abraham Lincolns.

"SO! He has not shown any proof that the video that I posted is not factual or that Santa Clause and the giant humanoid M&M's exist."

Its not my job to prove that they exist, its yours! Ive already given evidence showing that they were all taxed to death thanks to Obama, if they are still around then its your job to show that, not mine.

"As far as I'm concerned he tried to counter my evidence with a video of Santa Clause hanging out with sentient candy pieces"

Well excuse me for thinking that Santa Claus hanging out with humanoid M&M's are somehow NOT as ludicrous as Abraham lincoln helping Black Dynamite defeat Richard Nixon.....

Here are some pictures that illustrate why Lincoln is no more then just a myth:

So to conclude: Abraham Lincoln clearly does not exist.

I URGE VOTERS TO NOT LET YOUR BIAS FOR LINCOLN SWAY YOUR VOTE. Please use evidence given only in this debate.

Thanks for reading :D

Agent_Orange

Con

Santa claus is not an American citizen so therefore doesn't pax taxes! I have caught my opponent being intellectually dishonest!

I will concede that the man in the video does have the hair of an angel, but it is still very much my opponent. My reason for submitting this evidence is to show that it is entirely possible for someone in a video to in fact exist

That's not evidence. It's a claim, just like your claim that Lincoln doesn't exist.

THATS HISTORICAL FACT!

My opponent then just post a bunch of pictures, including one that just a quote from Abraham Lincoln himself. Keep in mind that none of his pictures hold any more truths than my videos. None of his evidence show that Abraham lincoln doesn't exist but I showed a video of him fighting with Black Dynamite. A video that he has not proven to be false. Thank You!
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
imabench: "The fact that they are giving you source points alone shows how compromised they are in their belief of Lincoln!"

As your sources include a signed quote from Lincoln, and photographic comparison to prove he lived a double life; how are source votes against you faulty when your own sources are against you? Granted the main source from the other side included a ghost, when the argument is not about if ghosts are real (of if Lincoln had superpowers); yet such did not go directly opposed to con's argument.

Pennington: MattHarrison's may have already been countered.

General question: I saw an allegation that "Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that Lincoln was actually Davis, which indicates he did "exist," much like Bono exists even with his real name being Paul something. Lincoln being a persona of someone else would be another debate." By me is a votebomb. I know I did not include my reasons for not voting an S&P and conduct, but as I addressed both the argument and the sources used for it how is that a votebomb? ... Someone who is not obsessed with me please explain; in case I am missing something on this one.

I fully understand if either side wants a lengthier RFD from me, even so far as asking me to reread the arguments and revote entirely. I have my messaging set for anyone to message me, in part to simplify having early errors in voting corrected.
Posted by Agent_Orange 4 years ago
Agent_Orange
*sigh*
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
For f*cks sake...

" I do agree that Abraham Lincoln WAS real but he was the first to get back on task about it"

What does that even mean!?!??!
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
It looks like youve won at this point
Posted by Agent_Orange 4 years ago
Agent_Orange
This site is so damn corrupt
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
The fact that they are giving you source points alone shows how compromised they are in their belief of Lincoln!
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Please explain how Jordan and whoever gave the 7 point vote are somehow not vote bombing
Posted by Agent_Orange 4 years ago
Agent_Orange
So if someone votes for me it's an automatic vote bomb? That's f*cking bullsh*t
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Now another idiot has votebombed.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Hes clearly a lincolnist who is voting by his beliefs, not by the evidence presented in the debate. Hes like your die hard christian who always votes in favor of Gods existence on any debate, but with Lincoln instead of God.
Vote Placed by Pennington 4 years ago
Pennington
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: MattHarrison vote was biased and didn't reflect the whole base of the debate. I will give five points to Ima to tie it. The reason is(because I hate VB's) Agent Orange did not do it and the RFD was lengthy. I would vote for Orange more favorably if otherwise.---- I already gave points to Ima for MattHarrison, Im evening it out again. This is in reflection of Smithereens vote. -----
Vote Placed by nathanknickerbocker.9 4 years ago
nathanknickerbocker.9
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I do agree that Abraham Lincoln WAS real but he was the first to get back on task about it
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: counter vb Misterscruffles, MattHarrison, Ragnar and JordanSshuller, what a lot of votebombers.
Vote Placed by Misterscruffles 4 years ago
Misterscruffles
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con clearly demonstrated that the ghost of Abraham Lincoln fought alongside Black Dynamite against Richard Nixon.
Vote Placed by PolicyKing501 4 years ago
PolicyKing501
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full RFD to come later, because originally typed one didn't save. The reason for me giving pro the reliable source, is because a 3-0 margin wouldn't be correct. Con is a slight victor.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had the BoP, but he didn't provide any compelling evidence that AL actually existed, while Pro gave (un)reasonable doubt that Abe was a real person. Edit: I'm adding an extra 4 points as a counter, but someone else will have to pick up the rest of the counter since I cannot.
Vote Placed by jordansshuler 4 years ago
jordansshuler
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that Lincoln was actually Davis, which indicates he did "exist," much like Bono exists even with his real name being Paul something. Lincoln being a persona of someone else would be another debate.
Vote Placed by MattHarrison 4 years ago
MattHarrison
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro you said that the Easter bunny and Santa don't exist. However you have not come up with a reasonable argument for how presents just so happen to be under every good little boy's and girl's Christmas trees and how Easter baskets arrive at their houses at the same time every year. It is also common knowledge that the talking M&M's exist as well. Do you think that those candies are made in a factory? No the M&M's have children with each other that we than financially compensate the parents for and then, eat them. For pro's factual inaccuracies, Con wins this debate.
Vote Placed by amey 4 years ago
amey
imabenchAgent_OrangeTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is just too good.