MonsieurChen
liljohnny818

Resolved: CA-56 Ted Williams PKWY is more efficient than CA-52 from East SD to West SD

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

MonsieurChen

Pro

Overview

I first deeply thank Con in accepting this vague debate— since there are few people that even know anything about freeways. As Pro I will attempt to show the audience that California State Route 56 also known as SR-56, CA-56, or Ted Williams Parkway is far more superior to the California State Route 52 when it comes from driving from East San Diego to West San Diego Counties. I shall also take the liberty in defining the words, and the acronyms. To make this clear this debate will be about the roadway between I-15 and I-5 going Westbound or Eastbound

Definitions

CA- California

SR- State Route

SD- San Diego

More- A greater degree http://dictionary.reference.com...

Efficient- Performing or functioning in the best possible manner http://dictionary.reference.com...

Structure of this Debate:

Round 1-5 however you would like to do it, except we can’t provide any arguments in the last round—as it wouldn’t be fair to any of us.

Arguments

Congested Traffic

I begin this debate with the fact that California State Route 56 also known as the Ted Williams Parkway is a less congested route rather than California State Route 52. As shown on CalTrans Traffic Data Branch Statistics for 2009—it shows that California State Route 52 from the California State Route 163—at the Kearny Villa Overcrossing shows to be over 100,000 at the most congested section between I-15 and I-5 AADT. AADT defined by CalTrans means Average Annual Daily Traffic. However, California State Route 56 has approximately 86,000 AADT-- a much lower amount than California State Route 52 by 14,000 cars. Also—during Peak Hours—CalTrans traffic data branch shows that it has approximately 9,000+ Cars, and California State Route 56 has approximately 7,000 cars. By logical reasoning I have shown to the audience that California State Route 56 is a much better route to take than California State Route 52 in the means of traffic.

http://traffic-counts.dot.ca.gov...

Flaws of CA-52’s freeways/interchanges

I commence this second argument with the fact that CA-52 is severely flawed in the designing of the interchanges on I-5 heading Eastbound on CA-52. CA-52 has no interchange which allows the freeway to head onto I-5 North—unless one takes some weird detour. I bring in the next flaw of CA-52, the interchange onto I-15 North. I believe in a way this interchange is sort of like a spaghetti interchange—as I and countless other people missed the exit onto i-15—as it’s not clear at all. The next flaw—is the freeway itself—at the I-805 interchange—where EB of CA-52 randomly pops out an extra lane. I found it weird because it isn’t a type of flow into the freeway—but rather it’s just a random lane.

Look on Google Maps

Good luck and have fun mate!

liljohnny818

Con

My opponent is lying. The CA-52 is more efficient. Vote CON
MonsieurChen

Pro

I extend my arguments because Con didn't provide anything except a pathetic sentence that claims im lying.

I await his later arguments

VOTE Pro
liljohnny818

Con

"I extend my arguments because Con didn't provide anything except a pathetic sentence that claims im lying."

Pathetic sentence? My opponent is attacking me with personal attacks rather than the arguments. I find this personally insulting and I hope my opponent reexamines that debate is a debate and not an argument. He didn't address my point but called it "pathetic." I extend my rebuttal.

Vote Con.
MonsieurChen

Pro

How am I lying about my facts. You have yet to provide anything against me. I'm sorry if you feel "hurt" in any way, but seriously-- can you actually rebuttal to my arguments?
liljohnny818

Con

" I'm sorry if you feel "hurt" in any way, but seriously-- can you actually rebuttal to my arguments?"

My opponent continues to personally attack me by making my statements seem infantile. His apology was not sincere and I refuse to debate someone who is willing to belittle a debate into personal attacks.

Also, he said "can you actually rebuttal to my arguments" which actually makes no sense. "Rebuttal" is not a verb. Since he cannot use correct parts of speech, his intent and arguments have become muddle and convoluted and I cannot proceed to rebut his arguments.

Vote Con.
MonsieurChen

Pro

I mean't to say refute-- and seriously are you going to do anything?
liljohnny818

Con

"I mean't to say refute"

1. I don't care what you meant to say, it's what you said.
2. Mean't is not a word, nor a contraction. "Mean't" confuses me even more and I have no idea what my opponent is trying to say. YOU MUST VOTE ON THIS. He has the burden of proof and I have no idea what he's trying to say.

"and seriously are you going to do anything?"
Now he's saying my arguments aren't "anything". Rather than addressing them, he proceeds to insult them and disregard them. I feel insulted. Please mark him down in conduct and in spelling. Thank you.

Vote CON.
MonsieurChen

Pro

How did I copy-paste? I actually wrote all of this myself, and next time please don't accept an argument if your not going to do anything other than talk about my incorrect grammar and whatnot.
liljohnny818

Con

Once again my opponent fails to address my arguments.

"How did I copy-paste?"
I never once said he copied and pasted. Now he's trying to say something random to get off topic. I don't care if he wrote it all himself, he hasn't proved the resolution. Also, my opponent used faulty grammar and spelling that hurt his meaning and made this debate impossible for me to debate. Please vote CON as to not allow my opponent free points when he confused me.
Posted by liljohnny818 6 years ago
liljohnny818
I did debate...
Posted by quarterexchange 6 years ago
quarterexchange
I think it's ridiculous that we have users acting like they have the responsibility to decide what is and is not an proper debate.
Posted by MonsieurChen 6 years ago
MonsieurChen
How did he have better arguments-- when I was the only one who argued!? That classifies as a vote bomb right there!
Posted by MonsieurChen 6 years ago
MonsieurChen
Amazing I lost one point and I should've got sources vote at least. Great!
Posted by FreeThinker35 6 years ago
FreeThinker35
Pro just copied and pasted a bunch of sh!t and called it his argument ....? Con should win !
;D
Posted by MonsieurChen 6 years ago
MonsieurChen
I just had a recent debate with my dad's coworkers over at Cal-Trans.
Posted by XimenBao 6 years ago
XimenBao
what's with the highway debate lately, is some school doing a intro debate unit?
Posted by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
If my wife's grandmother was on this website she might accept this.
Posted by meowmixxx 6 years ago
meowmixxx
Man, this seems like a riveting debate!
Vote Placed by askbob 6 years ago
askbob
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I have seen this debate and have decided to tie it based on the fact that it lacks merit as an actual debate.
Vote Placed by Lionheart 6 years ago
Lionheart
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Kind of a joke debate, but Pro was the only one that made an actual argument. He is also the only one that used reliable sources with links. He gets my points in both of these areas and I feel his time and effort should be rewarded.
Vote Placed by Bob_Gneu 6 years ago
Bob_Gneu
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a stupid debate. Askbob is right. We should counter all votes cast.
Vote Placed by BillNyeTheUSSpy 6 years ago
BillNyeTheUSSpy
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate was supposed to be about highways, Con turned this into a personal attack debate. Besides anyways. Con only made one argument for the debate topic, and it made no sense. It had no supports or sources. For this reason, Pro deserves to win.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 6 years ago
quarterexchange
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who made arguments and has sources. The insigator meant to argue about roads and the contender ruined it. Pro deserves to win.
Vote Placed by nerdykiller 6 years ago
nerdykiller
MonsieurChenliljohnny818Tied
Reasons for voting decision: What kind of debate is this? Highway? Highways come on...... :( Con did have a better grammar and spelling. you guys both got off topic.