Loveshismom
Korashk

Resolved: "Digimon: Digital Monsters" is an Outdated Show

Loveshismom

Loveshismom

Pro

I will be arguing about why Digimon is quite outdated.

Round 1: acceptance only

Rounds 2-3: topics (as many as debaters wish)

Rounds 4-5: responses
Korashk

Con

I accept the debate and am interested in what Pro has to say. In advance I'd like to clarify that I understand Digimon: Digital Monsters to be referring to the franchise, and not only the first season of the show. Among fans the first season is referred to as Digimon Adventure.
Loveshismom

Pro

1. First of all, every digimon's name ends with "mon," which I am certain that all of us who watched it above the age of ten found to become cliche very quickly. Also, their names are commonly very unintelligible and weird to Americans as we originally have no idea what names like "Agumon," "Greymon" or "Ikkakumon" are intended to imply about the Digimon bearing these names.

2. The characters also have few like able attributes. For example:
A. TK is a kindergartener who values friendship and is very kind and gullible, just like your real-life 5-year-old.
B. Joe is an excessively disciplined, easily scared, learning obsessed stick-in-the-mud teen in a khaki vest over a dress shirt with a tie tucked in.
C. "Mimi has been described as a 'girly girl'-a spoiled, ditzy, vain, and prissy girl who complains a lot, but also is sensitive, artsy, sweet and caring. She often talks of shopping and fashion. Mimi is also known to be infantile, and innocent."
-http://digimon.wikia.com...
Korashk

Con

Korashk forfeited this round.
Loveshismom

Pro

"In advance I'd like to clarify that I understand Digimon: Digital Monsters to be referring to the franchise, and not only the first season of the show." I would like to sincerely apologize for not being more clear in round one. "Digimon: Digital Monsters" I only meant to refer to its first season. Now I will present my topics.

1. The antagonist digimon and their names are usually difficult to be scared of. Is it easy to be scared of a silly, stuck-up, adult man-sized monkey named Etemon who is clearly a mirror of Elvis Presley, or a something as basic and unoriginal as a talking bat with a round body? Why are so many fictional villains, super or not, such as Venom from Spider-Man comics or Scab, the leader of a gang called The Jokerz from Batman Beyond scary? Because it not only does it make it seem more imperative that their scheme fails, but also makes it easier to believe that they are the villains. This is the same reason why they have such scary names., and as I stated in round 2, the digimons' names have no effect at all and become cliche if you are older than ten years old.

2. Every episode, it's the same thing. Our "heroes" just got past one obstacle, now they're facing another one, it's not long before they meet a new digimon or discover something, they're discussing how to handle whatever problem they are facing, this new digimon is most likely one of the antagonists, and since the fights start so close to the end of the episode, they cannot be extended long enough, plus they have no variety. The digimon use a few attacks per fight and do a bit of the basic tussling because that's all they know how to do, rendering the fights somewhat predictable, and the good guys usually win.
Korashk

Con

Korashk forfeited this round.
Loveshismom

Pro

I am a man of my word, so in compliance with the debate's setup, I will not provide an actual argument due to Con's silence.
Korashk

Con

Korashk forfeited this round.
Loveshismom

Pro

I will wait patiently.
Korashk

Con

Crap I completely forgot that I even accepted this debate. Sorry about that. I guess you win.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
LoveshismomKorashkTied