joeymiller1234
warren42

Resolved: Females ought to be required to sign up for draft, the same as males.

joeymiller1234 has forfeited round #3.

joeymiller1234

Pro

I affirm the topic above. Females have been fighting for equal rights for years, and equal rights means same place as men, including required service in military.
warren42

Con

joeymiller1234

Pro

So, does that mean I already won?
warren42

Con

No, the first round was for acceptance I assumed, as is common practice on the site, especially due to an essential lack of arguments.

With that, I'll introduce my case, which will be centered around a kritik which is not against the rules, as none were set up.

The Draft Should not be Mandated for Either Gender

The idea of any form of compulsory service mandated by the government is immoral and unjustified.

I. Compulsory service is unconstitutional.
The thirteenth amendment to the Constitution makes it obvious that "involuntary servitude" is not permitted. [1] The draft is exactly that, involuntary servitude to the federal government. The draft is unconstitutional.

II. The draft promotes perpetual war.
By being able to draft individuals at free will, the government has a near endless supply of soldiers, making it easy to continue wars against popular opinion to further the military industrial complex. [1] It allows the country to stay at war even when the public demands the opposite.

This simple kritik of my opponent's argument proves that women should not be forced into the draft, nor should men.

[1] http://tenthamendmentcenter.com...