lannan13
JasperFrancisShickadance

Resolved: God is just a computer nerd playing Sims: Earth.

lannan13

lannan13

Pro

I'd like to thank Jasper for accepting this debate ahead of time. This is a TROLL DEBATE that we both agreed to.

Rules
Round 1 is for rules and TOS by Pro while Con will make his opening arguments.
Round 2 Pro will make contentions and rebuttles, while Con Refutes.
Round 3 is rebuttles by Pro and Con makes rebuttles and Conclusion.
Round 4 Pro makes rebuttles and conclusion, Con will states, "No round as argeed upon."
If Con says anything else in the finial round then it's a forfeit of all 7 points.
No swearing

Accepting means that you accept, for the purpose of this debate, that God(s) exists.
JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

What the heck is TOS? Is it an abbreviation for some sort of illness you receive upon accepting Lanaan's debates?! Nah I'm just playin wityoo. I always am.*

Yeah, yeah, OF COURSE I accept that God exists.

Why else would I be wearing clothes right now? [1] Why else would atheism be illogical? [2]

Hmm? I thought so.

*I think my opponent forgot to mention that this is a troll debate.

Well, that's all for now, thank you for instigating yo. Now if I forfeit y'all readers know I laid down my contentions already. Just kidding (I always am). So vote Con!!

[1] https://www.youtube.com...

[2] https://www.youtube.com...
lannan13

Pro

Why is Jesus always online. It's because he's playing Sims and spying on the terrorists for the NSA. He is keeping up safe. Do you ever wounder why Jesus doesn't answer your prayers directly? It's because God has to go through his emalis and decide what to do with them. Sometimes he deletes them all and then he some accepts.

Up next, .... wait...what was I doing here again?

Have you ever walked into a room and forgot what you were doing? It's God deleting your actions and making you forget everything to where you question many things. This is also to sadisfy his sense of hummor which it is hard to satisfy a God so this is why he does this a lot. Do you wounder why you can't remember things from age 1 or even birth? It's because some people have a certain memory limit and God has to delete the older memories in order for you to gain new ones. Oh I wish he didn't make me forget I had homework due tonight.

You see God has a cruel sense of hummor so many people suffer in this harsh world for it. Like how he had World War 2 happen just so he could tell Jew jokes.

JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

You see, because of pure mathematics and physical science, we can believe against Pro's resolution.

Yo

Science

Strong atheism contradicts its own worldview by believing the universe has a natural cause despite the lack of observational evidence for such a belief. However, since there is no direct observational evidence regarding the origin of the universe, why should one believe the equally unobserved hypothesis that God created the universe? Although there is no direct evidence for the cause of the universe, we now have a fair amount of knowledge about the early history of the universe and the laws that govern it, which provide us with indirect evidence that a super-intelligent Agent designed the universe.

Logic

Common sense proves to us that there was such a thing as 'nothingness'! No matter if there was nothingness or if there wasn't, our lives are not derived from a game of Sims. If this unexplicable and complex world is part of Sims, then DeCarte's saying is wrong--even though his statement has been proven.

bw-I-think-therefore-txt

If this is false than why do we think in the first place? My opponent is a hypocrite if he says he believes/relies on science yet does not believe we think and/or exist. :D

Why you attacking me, B(p)ro?!

Why he's shunning me for believing in God, I don't know, because he gave no reason that God is not real!!! Religious persecution here, people!

Consider what my opponent said here:

"...God deleting your actions and making you forget everything to where you question many things. This is also to sadisfy his sense of hummor which it is hard to satisfy a God so this is why he does this a lot."

AND

"You see God has a cruel sense of hummor so many people suffer in this harsh world for it."

First of all, this is offensive because I am not that type of person, and, if I did believe in that type of God I would have a cruel sense of humor too! I'm the victom here. But I will attempt a rebuttal of these horrible statements that my opponent made.

Firstly: We forget things because of neurotranmitters. [2]

Secondly: if this world is so harsh, are we existing? How could we be Sims if our emotions are so complicating?! Explain, Pro. Please.

Pro's big pictures

They are just examples of how he came up with this resolution without originality or first-hand thought. Consider this:

My opponent: "Why is Jesus always online. It's because he's playing Sims and spying on the terrorists for the NSA. He is keeping up safe."

He contradicts himself. Earlier he said that God is the reason for the harsh happenings in our world.

He's making jokes. C'mon, doesn't anyone take debating seriously anymore???

lannan13

Pro

Contention 1: Creation of the Universe.

My opponent argues that the creation of the universe and the laws that govern it means that there is a higher power and I agree with him. You see the Sims: Earth game creators created the Game and the Big Bang was initiated by God when he began to download the game to his PC. This game (Sims: Earth) is much to that of Empire.goodgamestudios.com where the game system in in real time. It's also much like Civilization Revoloution where buildings can be built, wars are rage, and your nation increases culture. These games encompass Sims: Earth as they are subparts to help describe what it is like here by Playing Sims: Earth. Scientists argue that the universe will end in the case of the Big Crunch which is where the universe will shrink back into one point to prime perhaps for another Big Bang. (http://www.universetoday.com...) This is similar to someone resetting the game which means that God will one day press the reset button and we will eventually return to the current state. We do not know how many times God has played this game, but we do know one thing for sure. God is a computer nerd playing Sims: Earth.

Contention 2: Logic

My opponent argues the theory of "I think therefore I am," but he fails to realize that under this circumstance that this statement is false.

As you can see in the photo above that Sims think and this shows that Con's argument is flawed as if sims can think and humans can think, then we must all be Sims.

Contention 3: Attack on Con?

I never attacked Con for his beliefs as I'm Catholic. (http://www.debate.org...)

My opponent asks how if we are Sims then how can evil things happen. Well I present this video (https://www.youtube.com...) it depicts of ways to drown, burn, strave electricute, and kill your Sims. Laddies and Gents God has one bad sense of hummor.

Contention 4: Big Pictures.

My opponent is just saying that I cheated, but that is false for I apply Kurt Vonnegut's time travel theory that I have become unstuck in time and I had give people the ideas for these photos so that I may use them for this debate against my opponent. The Trafalmadorian's view on time picts that time is constant and they view time as we view a stretch of the Rockies. It is always constant and will always be there, but you can always go back to it.

JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

First Contention: Creation of the Universe

The reason my opponent's logic is wrong is because of what he presents before us, so let's review his arguments a bit here. This is what he says, and at first it might seem technically flawless, but I will explain after.

Pro believes:
1) Reality, that we breathe, live, and have emotions, is all a game.
2) The game (Sims) is something humanity created first
3) But along with all other conspiracies or even religions and any type of belief, a god is controlling what we think/do/believe
4) ...And we are all part of the game god is playing.

Second Contention: Logic

Here's the catch of what my opponent believes, and I'd be surprised to see him refute it:

1) Reality cannot be a game because WE are feeling it. (When we play Sims, the characters are controlled by us, but they do not have scientific brains or live in a real world. We witness their movement but the characters are fake.)
2) "Sims" was created by us. Even if "god" created us in this game so we believe we created the game, the whole plot still wouldn't make logical sense and it would direct us back to the above (point 1 asks how WE could possibly witness anything at all or think about logic if we aren't real--just characters in a game)!
3) The concept of religion, god, or any type of belief was created by us. Question: Why would, if god is making us part of an imaginary world GAME, he reveal to our fake selves who god and religion is? Answer:

Third Contention: Attack on Con?

Sure you're Catholic. That's not the same as Christian (http://www.debate.org...) and it doesn't prove you're not attacking me.

Pro says "...this video...depicts of ways to drown, burn, strave electricute, and kill your Sims." Yeah but do the Sims have feelings? No, but you/we do.

Fourth Contention: Big Pictures

My opponent says: "My opponent is just saying that I cheated, but that is false for I apply Kurt Vonnegut's time travel theory that I have become unstuck in time and I had give people the ideas for these photos so that I may use them for this debate against my opponent."

He did not prove to me that time travel is real. In fact, he gave a completely invalid source! Check it out: http://insertsourcehere.com... Seriously?

Question: If we are real/real-characters in a game (which, by the way, is impossible), what is the age of the Earth we live on? If it is what we think it is, why would a god play this game for that long instead of actually creating us literally, not imaginatively figuratively????!!!!!!!

Answer: things that make you say hmmmm

SO umm. Good luck....Last round when I'm not allowed to post anything. Have fun attacking me some more.

Conclusion:
Pro didn't prove himself and I refuted any statements he made. We are not Sims. Voters, who troll debated better? :DDD
lannan13

Pro

Contention 1: Creation of the Universe and Logic

1. We think that our actions and feelings are real, but that's because we don't know that we're being controlled. Just like the government's MK-ULTRA program, but that Disney conspiracy is for another time. You see we are being controlled so we have these "Feelings" but they're not real. For example, in the Matrix they expierence things and taste things in the Matrix, but it's all fake and nothing is real reguardless how much they believe it to be true. The Sims also have emotions too as I will direct you to the photo of their emotions bellow.

2) I proved Con wrong in part one and now we can see that if God is, and he is, playing this computer game I have broken Con's cycle of this argument already and I have prooved in a previous round that God is a computer nerd playing Sims.

3) God wants people to decide for themselves, that's why there's a free will button. but God did make his own character and favorite him above any others and that is Jesus Christ. He made him harshly and made people worship the gammer so he would get a little nerd bonner. (Yeah I'm not posting a pic of that)

Contention 3: Attack on Con?

My opponent says they are different, but if that's true then why does Juggle say that they are the same as they say so on my profile?

My opponent has dropped the God's bad sense of hummor argument so I'll extend that across the tabel.

Contention 4: Big Pictures.

But time travel is real, if it is not how could I tell you of Billy Pilgrim's time travel and the aliens in the Trafalmadorians? I would be impossible if I didn't have time travel.

God can be creating us figuratively, but the creation is the ideas for the characters that he puts in the game. So Con actually helps me here.

Thank you and please vote Pro, because God created this game and that's how'd he would want it.

JasperFrancisShickadance

Con

No round, as agreed upon, except for the fact that my opponent broke that rule...

vote!
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
dsj, I'd like you to explain your vote. It is a horrible RFD
Vote Placed by mishapqueen 2 years ago
mishapqueen
lannan13JasperFrancisShickadanceTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a tie, and absolutely hilarious to read!
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
lannan13JasperFrancisShickadanceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided picture proof
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
lannan13JasperFrancisShickadanceTied
Reasons for voting decision: I feel it was a tie, I like both of these guys, but I think Pro had a better argument, but broke the rules, (off 1 for conduct) and Con used more sources.