imabench
KingDebater

Resolved: Hurricane Katrina was an inside Job

imabench

imabench

Pro

The Resolution is that Hurricane Katrina was an inside job

I am pro this theory, con believes the idiotic theory that Hurricane Katrina was just an 'act of nature' and that the subsequent devastation to the state of Louisiana was a result of 'damage suffered from the hurricane'.......

First round acceptance only. 4 rounds, 4,000 characters

For those of you who are complete idiots and couldnt figure it out yourself, this is a troll debate. Those who ask to take accept this debate with the intention of taking it seriously shall be labeled as an idiot and treated as such.
KingDebater

Con

I round one.

Woops, I mean I accept. This has got to be the toughest round of the debate. Anyway, I accept.

Bowing
(p.s. Voters, that picture is from the website of the University of Tokyo! It is reliable)

Of all the people who wanted to take up this debate, but I was chosen.

But I am the chosen one

Bowing
(p.s. still reliable)

Arigateau
imabench

Pro

There are many different theories as to who could be behind the inside job that is Hurricane Katrina.....

- It could be the US government behind it, who somehow manufactured a crisis to take people's minds off of the Iraq war after it was discovered that they werent as dangerous as they said....

- It could be the US government behind it, who manufactured the hurricane to hit Louisiana to stick it to black people by breaking the levees, since everyone knows that swimming is not something that black people are allegedly good at.

- It could be the Bahamas government behind it, which is where the storm HAPPENED to become a hurricane and HAPPENED to be steered towards New Orleans.....

- It could be whichever entity manufactured Hurricane Sandy and Hurricane Andrew as part of some plot to ravage electorally important states right around Presidential elections

- It could be the Somali pirates behind it, who were trying to create a new base of operations and a new body of water to commit acts of piracy since Somalia is basically nothing but dirt now

- It could be MSNBC behind the attack, who wanted to create a tragedy they knew Bush would mishandle in order to grill him over his incompetence

- It could be Fox News behind the attack, who wanted to create a tragedy they knew would hurt a lot of black people

- it could be God behind the attack, who was reminding everyone why its stupid to invest in a property located below sea level....

- It could be rationalmadman behind the attack as an attempt to try to kill me since I told him I lived in Louisiana before he developed a crazy hatred for me. (Never mind that we didnt even meet until several years after Katrina struck, it has nothing to do with the point)

Point is, there are TONS of different motives that exist for why Hurricane Katrina happened and why it might have been unleashed. There are numerous potential people behind the attack, but lets look at the stats that CLEARLY shows that this was an inside job:

1) It happened in Louisiana

If you are gonna pull off something as big as controlling the weather to hit a target, then you dont aim for highly valuable target in your first heist. You start off small then work your way up, just like having sex. You dont seduce the person you like on your first try, you plow a few hookers first and then go after the prize once you have some experience....

2) It was a Hurricane

Hurricane has 9 letters.

9 is the first number in 9/11

Coincidence? I THINK NOT. Just ask Geo, he has my back on this one.

3) Its name was 'Katrina'

Katrina is one of the names that then President George W Bush would not be able to spell to save his life.... Which is why its feasible that this was an inside job made to look Bush look stupid....er. If the hurricane was named John or Dan, then Bush would be able to more readily spell and pronounce it, but no, It was Katrina!

The evidence speaks for itself....

4) Its been repeated.

Hurricane Katrina was such a success that the entity behind it has grown bolder with their targets now that they know it works. Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana, Hurricane Wilma hit Florida, and most recently; Hurricane Sandy hit New York City itself!

A hurricane hit the site of 9/11 itself exactly 11 years and 9 days after it happened, YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP

Ill end here, and invite the con to provide evidence suggesting this somehow was 'just an act of nature' or something ridiculous.
KingDebater

Con

Who could have done it?
Fox News? No, because they're still figuring out the gramatically correct version of their name. It's "New foxes".
MSNBC? No, because scientifically speaking, "msnbc" isn't an anagram of "Hurricane", "Katrina", or even "disaster", so that's a complete no no.
Somali Pirates? Don't be silly, bench! Everyone knows that pirates' time is completely taken up by spouting cute catchphrases, such as "yo ho ho!", "R!", and "shiver me timbers!".
US Government? No, because they're too busy making sure that the memory-wiping technology doesn't wipe the minds of the people who made it.
Bahamas? Bahamas? Bahamas? Are you serious? The bahamas is just a nice place for your holidays and nothing more.
God? Nah, he's done too much for us recently.
#Same4rationalmadman

Whichever entity manufactured Hurricane Sandy and Hurricane Andrew

Bingo! Bench is on the money! The entity we're referring to if Mother Nature, who causes natural disasters because she's the nature woman, who is nearly half as good as David Attenborough.

Hurricane Andrew was like the Hurricane 1, Hurricane Sandy was the Hurricane 2 and Hurricane Katrina was the Hurricane 2s. They're sort of like iPhones in that like iPhones, everyone is affected by the latest slightly different model.
Mother Nature is pretty angry at the moment because there have been no female presidents as of yet.

As for all the other Hurricanes and such, they were caused by Brother Nature, Mother Nature's pesky son who sometimes messes around with the controls to see what happens.

1) How can Hurricane Katrina be an inside job when Hurricanes always happen in the outside?

This is an important point. Hurricanes are very much anti-inside and prove this by destroying buildings and stuff. So, Hurricane Katrina can't have been an inside job.

2) People can't fart farts that big

Hurricane Katrina was clearly a fart since a) it destroyed everything in its path, b) it was very fast, and c) its destruction lasts for ages!

3) It was very young

The hurricane was only a week old before it died (1), so it couldn't have been an inside job. Babies don't think about that sort of thing, you see. They're all innocent (apart from being guilty of being really annoying).

4) What a Character

"Katrina" has the same amount of characters in it as "Natural".

5) The almighty proof

This is quite similar to the fourth argument. "Disaster" and "Hurricane" are related to each other, but neither of those words is realted to "Massive Conspiracy/Hoax".

This is like a hurricane, this text
It is very fast and
very windy and it is a natural disaster
it must be quite fun to be in one
Nee-oww!!!!!
weee~!!!!

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org...
imabench

Pro

1) Motive

My first contention was that there are dozens, perhaps HUNDREDS of motives for why someone would launch a hurricane at Louisiana, and con has only offered excuses against these motives such as 'You cant control the weather', and 'that doesnt make any sense!'

But as ridiculous as (some) of the motives may be, the point stands that a lot of people served to gain a lot from a massive hurricane decimating Louisiana and the city of New Orleans.

"Hurricane Andrew was like the Hurricane 1, Hurricane Sandy was the Hurricane 2 and Hurricane Katrina was the Hurricane 2s. They're sort of like iPhones in that like iPhones, everyone is affected by the latest slightly different model."

Iphones? Con concedes that the company APPLE may be the one behind the inside job behind Hurricane Katrina, who attempted to decimate the area to try to build a new market of available ultra-low wage factory workers they could exploit for iphone production.

"As for all the other Hurricanes and such, they were caused by Brother Nature, Mother Nature's pesky son who sometimes messes around with the controls to see what happens."

And who do you think has the money to pay off Brother Nature to do such a horrible thing?

Thats right: APPLE

They were also probably the ones who figured out how to make the text in your arguments zoom by so fast!

2) Hurricane Katrina was a fart

"Hurricane Katrina was clearly a fart since a) it destroyed everything in its path, b) it was very fast, and c) its destruction lasts for ages!"

Destroying everything in its path, very fast, and destruction that lasts for ages? Youre not thinking of farts, youre thinking of Gay Marriage legalization.

"The hurricane was only a week old before it died (1), so it couldn't have been an inside job. Babies don't think about that sort of thing, you see. "

Sure they could, what do you think people mean when they say 'abort the mission' ? Babies and abortion go together like the Weekly Stupid and DDO!
KingDebater

Con

Bench thinks that apple are the ones that are behind this, but I know they can't be because as Isaac Newton found out, the direction apples go in is down, not swirling round or side to side. This is also why apple weren't the ones behind the speed of my arguments.

Apple couldn't have convinced brother nature to do such an awful thing either, because as Isaac Newton found out, apples are a real pain because they fall onto your head and it hurts. Nutrition? Pah! I don't believe any of that.

In fact, apple is so faulty that I only asked them to make my main arguments zoom by, and they did nothing at all! That's apple's skill - 0. Either that, or they're just too busy to help a teenage boy make some unimportant text whizz by in his troll debate, but I believe the former.

No apple!

Gay Marriage Legalization? I think that here, pro is referring to the combined farts of 2 people, which if they could pull off such a whopper, would be massive.

When people say "abort the mission", what they really mean is "KingDebater has won this one", so it looks like I'm right on this point.
But pro is correct about comparing babies and abortion with the weekly stupid and DDO, the situation is the same. Some people disagree with it, but it's all a bit of fun really.

[1] A textbook from a University in another country that my opponent has no chance of being able to read and therefore not being able to refute me
[2] A site that touches on the subject we're talking about
[3] A 30-page essay that has nothing to do with what we're talking about
[4] Wikipedia
[5] The truth
imabench

Pro

"Bench thinks that apple are the ones that are behind this, but I know they can't be because as Isaac Newton found out, the direction apples go in is down, not swirling round or side to side."

Clearly you've never thrown an Apple into the Washing Machine in someone elses house and set it to max spin cycle.....

"Apple couldn't have convinced brother nature to do such an awful thing either, because as Isaac Newton found out, apples are a real pain because they fall onto your head and it hurts."

Of COURSE Apple couldve convinced Brother Nature to send a hurricane Katrina at Louisiana..... The phrase 'Bros before Hoes' mean anything to you? Katrina and Lousiana both sound like some dirty stinky hoes whereas we both know that Brother Nature and Apple are really close bros.

"In fact, apple is so faulty that I only asked them to make my main arguments zoom by, and they did nothing at all! "

Well of course Apple couldnt make your arguments flash by...... Apple products dont support flash!

;D

"When people say "abort the mission", what they really mean is "KingDebater has won this one"

Thats about as logical as saying "Youre really smart" what they really mean is "GWL has some valid opinions and totally isnt an idiot"..... Which we know is something nobody would ever say EVER.

"But pro is correct about comparing babies and abortion with the weekly stupid and DDO, the situation is the same. Some people disagree with it, but it's all a bit of fun really."

Of course its fun! Hell me and the girls like to go out every saturday night and stay up all night getting abortions!

IN CONCLUSION: There are many different motives that exist for why someone would launch a hurricane at New Orleans, the most probable of which appears to be that Apple convinced Brother Nature to send Katrina at Louisiana because of the 'Bros before Hoes' pact that exists between all close guy friends.

I rest my case.
KingDebater

Con

Pro tries To list a scenario where apples don't necessarily go down, but he only listed one so this is cherry-picking. To find out what direction apples really go in, order one from a vending machine, although I warn you it's a waste of 20p.

Katrina and Louisiana? They sound like perfectly innocent hard-working people to me. Bench must just have a dirty mind.

About GWL-CPA, I agree not all his ideas are 100% correct or true, but overall he's a pretty intellectual guy. Just look at his debating streak!

Summary: brother nature couldn't have done it because he isn't actually real! Haha! I tricked bench! I am a convincing liar, aren't I?

Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
It was tied before, I guess someone VB'd and it was reported.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
I got a notification saying that I tied this debate.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Just tell your brother what money is, it's things tokens. Then it won't be such a big deal because he'll know.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
I sure am both 14 years old and married.
Posted by Russian 3 years ago
Russian
If you can get on the Internet, and get a job, get married, and at least carry on a conversation, then its obvious you need to meet my little brother, he cannot type, he barely communicates, and he doesn't know what money is, or how to buy a house, or get a job, or raise a family. Im not denying that you have autism, im saying my little brothers autism is obvusly worse.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Excuse me?
Posted by Aleksandr 3 years ago
Aleksandr
Oh my god, and the con isn't noticing that bench is just trolling.
Posted by Russian 3 years ago
Russian
But wait. If you know that you are autistic. Then the autism you have is clearly not as bad as my little brother who can barely talk.
Posted by Russian 3 years ago
Russian
Do you have a disease?
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
I'm autistic so all of you need to stop.
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con because Pro called my home state a "hooker" and a "dirty stinky hoe". Con gets reliable source points for referencing The Truth. I can't comment on who had more convincing arguments at this time because I'm still looking for a vending machine that sells apples to confirm Con's statement.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Oh boy. Looks like I decide the winner. Imabench wins brother nature which is mostly uncontested and apple, but Con gets conduct points for Louisiana and Katrina being hardworking.
Vote Placed by miketheman1200 3 years ago
miketheman1200
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: It is generally difficult to vote on this sort of debate. Con gets sources of the bat for Sourcing the truth. I cant tell if cons last arguments are a troll or him being legitimatley lazy so he gets arguments. (coupled with that i laughed more at his). All else is tied. hue
Vote Placed by thedebatekid 3 years ago
thedebatekid
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Hilarious at some points, dull at the others. I expected a more trollish and fun side from King.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: SOURCES: Con wins with such brilliant and unrefuted sources not tied to the argument as "[1] A textbook from a University in another country that my opponent has no chance of being able to read and therefore not being able to refute me" and "[3] A 30-page essay that has nothing to do with what we're talking about" (I once had someone put an hour long lecture about morals into a star trek debate...), and Qopel's "[5] The truth" never seems to fail when you don't want to actually argue details (like the truther movement). While I personally think God likely did it to remind us about building below flood planes, con practically handed victory over by bringing Apple into this debate. I just did the laundry machine test, and they do seem to spin around... The muck left over did likewise in the dryer (to avoid cheery picked facts), and watching later the devastation of those people at the laundromat seemed to mirror what was suffered in New Orleans.
Vote Placed by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: ARGUMENTS: Con posted many pictures, which kinda got me to the edge, since they were annoying and unrelavent to the subject. S/G: Pro's work was easy to read, unlike CON's semi-horrible spelling. CONDUCT: I was expecting serious, but instead I had funny. As though this is a troll ddbate, I don't think CON's showed me that. SOURCES: None of them deserve this. CON had annoying pictures and PRO on had none.
Vote Placed by dtaylor971 3 years ago
dtaylor971
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: In a troll debate, I vote for who makes me laugh the hardest. Imabench owes me 350,000 bucks for a lung transplant due to excessive laughing.
Vote Placed by Lordgrae 3 years ago
Lordgrae
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments go to Imabench because he did the better job ignoring his burden of proof. And he was slightly funnier then KingDebater. Spelling and grammer go to Imabench, because I could read everything he posted, unlike the obnoxious scrolling text. Con put up more and better sources.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obviously Hurricane Katrina was not an inside job. However, as Pro stated in round 1, this is a TROLL DEBATE, and unlike some of the other people who voted on this debate, I will judge it as such. Spelling an Grammar go to Pro because many of Con's arguments were jumbled and harder to understand. Arguments go to Pro as well simply because, as expected from the best troll on DDO, he trolled much better, though Con did a pretty good job too. No sources were cited on either side.
Vote Placed by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 3 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
imabenchKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: You can't control the weather people, until you find a way to do that I'm voting con.