Idauntiles
TheBrorator

Resolved: I hate you.

Idauntiles

Idauntiles

Con

"You" in this instance is whoever accepts the debate. I look forward to being persuaded into hating you, whoever you may be.

I hope you find the fact that I made it a "Resolved:" as funny as I do.

First round is acceptance.
TheBrorator

Pro

s://images.nonexiste.net...; alt="" />
Idauntiles

Con

So there are a few basic and simple reasons why I do not hate you.

1. I do not know you
It's extremely difficult to formulate an opinion about someone, let alone nurture such a powerful emotion as hatred, towards somebody that one does not know. As I have absolutely no idea who you are, I can't exactly assume that I hate you. Whether I may or may not hate you at some indeterminate point in the future is irrelevant.

2. Major issues
I agree with you on 80% of the major issues as listed on your profile. Odds are I don't hate you on principle due to membership of some social, religious, or political minority.

3. You entertain me
By indulging in my whimsical debate, you have amused me. As I am amused at the moment, I am generally disinclined towards hating anything.

For all these reasons, I contend that I absolutely do not hate you.
TheBrorator

Pro

THIs dEBaTe IZ iMPosSIblE 2 WIn on tHE PRo. ESSeNTiALly, tHE tOPiC iS suBJeCTIve. As lONg AZs COn In THe fINal rOUNd sAYs "I do not hate you." He WIll autOMaTIcALly WIn.

ThIZ dEB8 SHoULd deFAulT 2 PrO 4 tHIs rEASon, asZ anN AUtOWin 4 CoN iZ NoT FAiR.
Idauntiles

Con

I see what you're doing there. My opponent is attempting to use bad grammar and douchebaggery into convincing me that he is in fact a douche worthy of my hatred. This debate is not impossible for the pro to win, as he just proved. If I were more prone to irrational rages the use of numbers instead of words might make me angry, might even make me want to lunge through this digital portal and strangle my opponent. However, I can't use the Force(yet) so I can't do that. So sad for the world. Besides which, saying "I do not hate you" proves nothing. If I say in the final round, "I don't hate you. I just hate your children, mother, father, dog, grandmother, etc. and will systematically slaughter them all." that would clearly show that I nurture a secret hatred for you. So no, it's not completely unfair. Just mostly. No default for you.
TheBrorator

Pro

Pro is too stupid to understand my point, clearly. This debate is subjective, and he knows it. If he claims that he does not hate me in the final round, he would win by default under his own resolution. The resolution is flawed in a way that the Pro cannot win if Con is smart enough to know what he's saying. Granted, Con may be dumb enough not to know this, and unless, by surprise, he is inteligent enough to read this correctly, he may just be able to form that argument. Therefore this debate cannot go to him, it either goes to a tie or to Pro. I would also like to point out Pro's stupidity for the reasons that he disagrees with my preference on 20% of the topics we both had opinions on. The fact that someone is unintelligent enough to believe that drugs should be legallized may help explain, however, why Con thought this was a fair debate.
Idauntiles

Con

Pro and Con are not interchangeable terms, by the way. Also, calling me stupid hurts my feelings.

This debate isn't fair. Obviously. It can, however, go to me. Just because a resolution is horribly biased doesn't mean that the person who benefits from the bias did something wrong. Well, in any other situation. Seeing as how I wrote the resolution, it is entirely my fault. This debate is so subjective that, as the instigator, I can not lose. It doesn't matter who's pro or con, just who the instigator is. Also, I liked the suggestion in the comments. If you hate yourself, then there's no issue.

I think some drugs should be legal. Crack is wack, for instance. I wouldn't touch LSD with a ten-foot pole. Things of that nature. The question wasn't specific enough, really.

As this debate is clearly very serious, I will now bring up the real issues.

1. Ice cream
Preferences in ice cream flavor are clearly at the root of this misunderstanding. If we could just agree that all chocolate chips should be removed from mint ice cream, there could be peace in the universe. I'm not willing to bet money, because I don't have any, but I'll bet that Pro hasn't ever even had just mint ice cream. If he did, his entire world view might change. Who knows.

2. Lazy as a Snorlax
I'm incredibly lazy. I won't put up a 3rd one for the reason that I am lazy as a Snorlax.

Basically, vote for Con. I don't hate him. He could have supplied a plethora of reasons why I should hate him and then hotly abused me for being in denial, but he didn't. He could've used the highly amusing semantical argument suggested in the comments, but he didn't. No default for you.

I think I've spent this entire time arguing that this doesn't automatically go to pro. Hm.

For future reference, I like semantics. They're funny.
TheBrorator

Pro

Well, I didn't think it would quite matter to someone who takes debate as such a minor thing that they would post as ignorant a resolution as this.

Con is also dumb in the manner that he agreed to the comment that if I hated myself I win this debate. The resolution, formed by Con argues this: "Resolved: Con hates Pro." Because Con wrote this debate, I means him, and he already defined "you" as the Pro.

Con added "arguments" or at least that's what he calls them, in the final round. Conduct to Pro.

The topicality propposed in the comment would have been dumb to argue and shot down in a quick second by the opposing debater. I could have argued them, but I didn't believe in them, anyway. So, therefore, no point.

Oh, and for future reference, I like structered, intelligent debates. They're more educational.

Vote Pro because simply enough, the default is to me because of the debate resolution being as flawed as it is. If not a vote for Pro, vote tie.
Posted by IFLYHIGH 5 years ago
IFLYHIGH
Theres more hate going on for this debate than there is between Con and Pro.
Posted by TheBrorator 5 years ago
TheBrorator
I iz trIN ma' best.

Oh wait, I dropped that part. :P
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
Very nicely done pro. You got her to concede that she would consider strangling you.

FINISH HER!
Posted by TheBrorator 5 years ago
TheBrorator
dat pic wUz SpoSEd 2 B 'CHelAnGE exPeCtED""
Posted by THEBOMB 5 years ago
THEBOMB
Because they are Con doesn't this mean they're arguing the converse "I do not hate you". In other words, all Pro has to do is define I as themselves and then provide evidence for them hating themself :P
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
i want to accept this but conversely i feel if i put the bad things about me up here it will negitively affect my future votes...lol
Posted by randolph7 5 years ago
randolph7
Take the pro position, then maybe.
Vote Placed by phantom 5 years ago
phantom
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Umm...Why is everyone v-bombming? If it's an auto-win for con who cares? Pro chose to accept it and the only justifiable thing you could mark against con would be the conduct point, not the whole debate. Counter Vbombs
Vote Placed by ThePhilosophersDeduction 5 years ago
ThePhilosophersDeduction
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obviously an attempt at an auto-win, votes to PRO.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: tie. an auto win for con, then pro tried to make an auto win with the BaD GraMMaR arGumEnT. As bth where inflating the win record this should tie. Only a noob snipe should have an auto win.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Same as the first guy
Vote Placed by MrBrooks 5 years ago
MrBrooks
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is an obvious auto-win debate, so I'm giving it to PRO.
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gets conduct since this is really a one-sided debate. Con did prove that he does not hate Pro, thus, he should win.
Vote Placed by InVinoVeritas 5 years ago
InVinoVeritas
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro accepted this debate; hence, it's his fault.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: unwinnable debate
Vote Placed by LibertyCampbell 5 years ago
LibertyCampbell
IdauntilesTheBroratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con doesn't hate Pro; Arguments to Con Con didn't use annoying language in round 2; spelling and grammar to Con Pro convinced me the resolution was fvcking stupid; conduct to Pro.