StrideFire
DATXDUDE

Resolved: If capital punishment is to be allowed, lethal injection should be the sole form.

StrideFire

Con

I have opened this debate because, for me, it is very fluid. It's an argument that I am "on the fence" about but leaning one way. My opinion may change in light of a strong argument.

Please do not argue against the death penalty altogether, as it is not the topic of the debate.

Anyone may join or vote, and the debate will begin on the second round, as I have taken this time to introduce the topic. We shall take the first round to define a position, and I shall define mine here:
Capital punishment should be used only in the most heinous crimes. Based off of a loose "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth," philosophy, first degree murder and voluntary manslaughter of multiple people or cruel, unusual, and prolonged torture of a single or multiple victim. The death sentence should be issued only at a time with overwhelming evidence. Depending on the severity of the crime, a more severe form of death is issued, possibly determined by a separate trial. The least severe form would be lethal injection, on the opposite end of the spectrum, possibly gas chambers or hanging. More "inhumane" versions of capital punishment, such as drawn and quartered, would not be instituted.

If at any time I commit a fallacy or ask a question that you feel does not pertain to the debate, feel free to call me out, and please forgive me; this is my first debate, and I'm quite a "newbie."
DATXDUDE

Pro

StrideFire

Con

Hello,

I regret to inform you that I have a lot of events going on right now, I opened this debate on the wrong time, I will not be able to make a case. Also I realized that this isn't really anything you can argue about, it's very much opinion. Sorry.
StrideFire

Con

StrideFire forfeited this round.
DATXDUDE

Pro

DATXDUDE forfeited this round.
StrideFire

Con

StrideFire forfeited this round.
DATXDUDE

Pro

DATXDUDE forfeited this round.