Logical-Master
danj9984

Resolved: In a fight without prior preparation, Batman would certainly defeat Spider-Man.

Con Tied Pro

Logical-Master

Con

If Batman and Spider-Man were to fight, Spider-Man would beat the living daylights out of Batman.

First, Spider-Man has superhuman abilities. Batman is an olympic level human in terms of physical attributes. Clearly, Spider-Man is superior in this regard.

Second, Spider-Man has the advantage in terms of intellect. Whereas Batman abuses his billions of dollars to buy fancy gadgets, Spider-Man actually creates his sophisticated devices (while using an extremely limited amount of resources) whenever he needs them. He is also well known for coming up with advanced battle strategies on the spot. In fact, due to his intelligence, Spider-Man was able to defeat the villain known as Fire Lord (a villain almost as powerful as Silver Surfer) in Amazing Spider-Man issues 269-270 without needing a rematch.

Third, although Batman knows plenty of martial arts, Spider-Man has managed to develop his own unique fighting style that even Captain America (who is regarded as the best martial artist in the Marvel Universe)(someone who Batman thought of as being superior during both comic book crossovers) cannot help but praise.

Fourth, Spider-Man has his spider sense, so Batman won't be able to count on surprising Spider-Man.

Taking these four points into account, our favorite web head would mop the floor with the Dark Knight any day of the week.

I now stand ready for my opponent's case.
danj9984

Pro

Though you seem to be a decently-educated man of Marvel; and your first set of arguments, well, i'll call them mediocre at best. Batman, being my favorite SUPERhero, would take your spider-diseased boy and whip him like the robin style sissy he is.

Spiderman may have attained a superhuman ability, but they do not give him significant advantage over defeating Batman. Your "first" argument gave nothing in regards as to HOW those superhuman abilities could win the battle. Yes, you're right when you mention how Batman is an olympic-level fighter. Before his little mutation deal, spiderman was some punk kid photo boy who got pushed around and picked on in school. His knowledge of fighting and tactical weaponry are slim to nothing, except of course what he learned in school. Batman is, as homer simpson stated in the monorail episode (i had to throw this in for a little laugh), a scientist. He is a black belt in martial arts and has NATURAL strength.

Spiderman's "intellect" that you speak of was learned at a basic college level. Batman also went to school sir, so im gonna have to give ur comment the BS tag. 'Abuses his billions of dollars on gadgets'? Come on! First, don't exaggerate so loosely with money. His millions go towards his company, making Gotham a better city to live, and aiding him in his crime fighting. ANNND he isn't the creator of most of those gadgets; he improvises most ideas on items already created or in use (i.e. the batarang is the boomerang in bat shape, his grappling gadgets were in use by various military branches). Name some of these spiderman 'devices' that he has created that he would ALREADY have in stock to fight and defeat batman.

I'm not too familiar with the unique fighting style that you're giving spiderman credit for; i suppose his cute little stickies on his feet and hands can grab on to walls and he can do a flip here and there, but that doesn't give him the power to outwit nor over power the dark knight.

The spider sense is also flawed. Spiderman can't predict multiple attacks, nor can he even fully react to the attacks that he DOES sense or he would never be hit nor hurt.

Now i'm gonna digress for just a second as to what you said in your last two sentences:

'Taking these four points into account, our favorite web head would mop the floor with the Dark Knight any day of the week.

I now stand ready for my opponent's case.'

What the heading of the debate stated was that Batman would certainly defeat spiderman. You just said, with the case that you gave, that spiderman would be the one to defeat Batman. What i've stated logically goes against most of your arguements of spiderman winning.

Batman, with all his traps, gadgets, fighting skills, and intellect would be able to eventually outwit his young, naive opponent. Batman even had robin around for a brief period to be able to study and learn those queer acrobatic moves that spiderman would eventually pose on him. Batman could also call upon the bats as the distraction and also has his sick vehicles such as the batwing or the batmobile (not that dumb frickin tank).

enough for now....but ill be back
Logical-Master

Con

In my opponent's first argument, he insinuates that Spider-man would not be able to utilize his superior physical attributes against Batman since he doesn't know how to fight, but as I've advocated in my third argument, Spider-man's fighting skills are praised even by Captain America. For instance, here a few feats that show his fighting capabilities to be deadly.

First, watch as Spider-man manages to clobber the X-men all at once. They even point this out after he is done fighting them.

http://img317.imageshack.us...
http://img379.imageshack.us...

Second, watch as Spider-man takes on the Punisher. Before reading, you should note that the Punisher is essentially Marvel's equivalent to Batman (although the same can be suggested for Daredevil). The Punisher knows many martial arts and relies on high tech gadgets (not to mention that unlike Batman, he is willing to kill), yet look how easily Spider-man manages to rip him a new one.

http://img325.imageshack.us...
http://img325.imageshack.us...

Third, watch as Spider-man easily owns a master martial artist who also has super powers.

http://img519.imageshack.us...

Fourth, Batman could punch Spider-man with all his fury, but one of his punches would no doubt accomplish nothing:

http://img57.imageshack.us...

Noting these pieces of evidence, Spider-man's fighting style is clearly one that shouldn't be reckoned with. My opponent is incorrect in referring to him as someone with no real fighting skills. This covers my rebuttal for the first and third points. As for tactical weaponry, Spider-man has experience against foes who rely on it. His victories over the Green Goblin, Hob Goblin, the Punisher, and Allister Smythe are proof of this.

As for Spider-man's intellect, my opponent commits the false dichotomy fallacy by claiming that it was learned at a basic college level. This is false as Peter Parker became Spider-man at the age of 15. And that's not even the best part. While 15, he managed to create an advanced chemical adhesive (his web fluid) as well as a device that works directly in proportion with his strength through merely using materials that can be found in a typical public high school laboratory. He also managed to create his famous Spider tracers (that pick up on the waves emitted by his Spider sense) or gravity inverters (primarily used to disable the Vulture) through using house hold materials. Peter Parker was always considered a genius and college hardly had anything to do with it.

As for inventions which Spider-man would already have in stock to defeat Batman, his impact webbing is the first thing to come to mind as it is specialized webbing that instantly immobilizes its target. I can't think of anything else out of ordinary since Spider-man only uses certain gadgets against certain foes. Nevertheless, my point was to show his intellect.

As for Spider sense, my opponent is yet again incorrect. Observe the following scan:

http://img341.imageshack.us...

He predicts the movement of each and every bullet from these AUTOMATIC machine guns. It is possible for Spider-man to get hit while taking full advantage of his spider sense, but he would have to be facing a foe who has developed a method of blocking the Spider sense or a foe who is simply too fast for Spider- man to deal with. Given that the resolution clearly states that no prior preparation is involved, Batman would have no means of preparing a counter against Spider-man's spider sense. Furthermore, my opponent has conceded that Batman is merely an olympic level hero, so speed won't be an advantage either.

As for having Robin around, this match concerns Spider-man and Batman (thus outside help is out of the question). Furthermore, the resolution insures that Batman cannot prepare for the battle. This is a random encounter. Calling upon the Bats won't do Batman any good especially if Spider-man simply relies on his spider sense to detect Batman's movements at all times.

Using the Bat mobile or Bat plane (assuming he'd have time to get inside either) wouldn't do Batman any good as Spider-man's impact webbing could clog all of the weapons on board. Spider-man could simply clog the engines in either vehicle if he wanted to. At the very least, Spider-man could use his super strength to tear apart both vehicles. Heck, Spider-man could simply pick up the Bat mobile and chug it into a nearby abandoned building.

So based on the evidence an arguments presents, we conclude that Batman certainly WOULDN'T be the victor in a match against Spidey. Spider-man has super strength and an extraordinary fighting style. Not to mention that Spider-man merely needs to land one blow (without pulling his punches as much as he usually does) on Batman to take him out. Either that, or merely webbing Batman to lamp post (as if he were a common crook) with a potent batch of webbing would do the trick.

You should keep in mind that it is my opponent's job to show that Batman would certainly (as in beyond the notion of a doubt) defeat Spider-man in a battle without prior preparation. So far, he has not done so. I now await my opponent's second rebuttal.
danj9984

Pro

danj9984 forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

My opponent has forfeited his round, so extend my round 2 arguments to round 3.

Given the the advantages I pointed out for Spider-man, Batman would clearly lose in the kind of confrontation which I pointed out in the resolution. I urge that you vote on who provided the better argument. Thank you.
danj9984

Pro

danj9984 forfeited this round.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
edit: I meant to say that Spiderman has superhuman reflexes as well.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Whoops, forgot to add the third X-men link. I'll do it here: http://img379.imageshack.us...
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I'm curious as to whether or not this will turn out to be a popularity contest. :/

danj9984, I'm going to hold off posting my response for 12-15 hours.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I asked for permission. :D
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
You've stolen Bsergent's disclaimer now? =)
Posted by SportsGuru 8 years ago
SportsGuru
AMEN Daxitarian!!!

-picks pedals off of flower- "I will take this debate...I won't take this debate..."
Posted by Daxitarian 8 years ago
Daxitarian
And Chuck Norris would kick both their asses.
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Spider man lets emotions influence his judgment. Bat man is a genius. He ownz.
Posted by massvideogamer 8 years ago
massvideogamer
wow, no way I'm challenging you here
Posted by cheekyhobo 8 years ago
cheekyhobo
If this were only 2 rounds, I would submit because batman could totally woop spideys butt!
Vote Placed by rawrxqueen 7 years ago
rawrxqueen
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 7 years ago
Tatarize
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by Robert_Santurri 8 years ago
Robert_Santurri
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 8 years ago
Pluto2493
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by astrosfan 8 years ago
astrosfan
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by bigdog 8 years ago
bigdog
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 8 years ago
SportsGuru
Logical-Masterdanj9984Tied