Logical-Master
CHEIF_BEAST

Resolved: In a fight without prior preparation, Batman would defeat Spider-Man.

Con Tied Pro

Logical-Master

Con

If Batman and Spider-Man were to fight, Spider-Man would beat the living daylights out of Batman.

First, Spider-Man has superhuman abilities. Batman is an Olympic level human in terms of physical attributes. Clearly, Spider-Man is superior in this regard.

Second, Spider-Man is a worthy adversary in terms of intellect. Whereas Batman abuses his billions of dollars to buy fancy gadgets, Spider-Man actually creates his sophisticated devices (while using an extremely limited amount of resources) whenever he needs them. He is also well known for coming up with advanced battle strategies on the spot. In fact, due to his intelligence, Spider-Man was able to defeat the villain known as Fire Lord (a villain almost as powerful as Silver Surfer) in Amazing Spider-Man issues 269-270 without needing a rematch.

Third, although Batman knows plenty of martial arts, Spider-Man has managed to develop his own unique fighting style that even Captain America (who is regarded as the best martial artist in the Marvel Universe)(someone who Batman thought of as being superior during both comic book crossovers) cannot help but praise.

Fourth, Spider-Man has his spider sense, so Batman won't be able to count on surprising Spider-Man.

Taking these four points into account, our favorite web head would mop the floor with the Dark Knight any day of the week.

I now stand ready for my opponent's case (and am willing to cite any of the claims made above).

Some of the above points may need clarification and I reserve the right to challenge any interpretation of the resolution which I feel does not meet this debate's intentions.
CHEIF_BEAST

Pro

first you cant say that spider man has some gagets cause hen dont he got bit by a spider an thats all its all natraul so what are you talking about
Logical-Master

Con

On the contrary, Spider-Man does indeed have gadgets. In fact, the very first gadget he created were his very webshooters which he uses to produce webbing.

http://img301.imageshack.us...
http://img174.imageshack.us...

In here he upgraded his web-shooters with space-age materials, plus added stuff that eliminates the constant annoyance of his webbing to run out in battle. And he also added a spider-tracer launcher to his arsenal too.

I'd cite more, but since my opponent has only requested ( I think) me to prove that Spider-Man has gadgets, this is sufficient.

And that'll do it for now.
CHEIF_BEAST

Pro

CHEIF_BEAST forfeited this round.
CHEIF_BEAST

Pro

what gadget do spider man have he got bit an are you for spider man or batman which one cause you are saying that spider man will an not bat man don't switch up on me now
Logical-Master

Con

Like I said, he has web shooters and spider tracers. Even if he didn't, my strategy does revolve around gadgets. All it revolves around is Batman being outclassed due to the fact that he is up against an opponent who has superpowers (strength, agility, precognition, etc) and is on par with him intellectually. Not to mention his fighting skills which are regarded as being some of the best in the marvel Universe.

I would like to point out that my opponent has yet to actually provide an argument on the subject at hand.
CHEIF_BEAST

Pro

CHEIF_BEAST forfeited this round.
Posted by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
unfortunately you got a bad opponent for this Logical Master. I may be willing to debate this in the future.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Whoops. That's the last round. Was under the impression that I had another. PRO loses by default for not arguing. Even if he does introduce an argument in the last round, it doesn't count since I have no way of responding and it's completely new.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
I disagree with that. Unless there is some plot device which is keeping Peter preoccupied or the story happens to be written by someone who likes Spider-Man to look pathetic (like Bendis), Batman goes down hard. Spider-Man can move faster than Batman can react, is on par intellectually and almost as good of a fighter.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Cool. Many thanks, sherlockemethod. :)
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
When it was still doing it's match-up series, Wizard had an article detailing a hypotethical impromptu fight between these two. As I recall, they had Batman taking Peter down within moments. I don't necessarily agree with that outcome, but I can definitely imagine it.
Posted by sherlockmethod 7 years ago
sherlockmethod
I'll find it for you LM, it was ghostie 20 something I think. GR was going to kill the hobgoblin and Spidey would not have it. I will find it.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Without preparation LM. could argue back Luscious has prepared a spray which kills anything with spider DNA in it.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
It's excluded as Batman generally doesn't carry all of his kit on him unless he is aware of something in advance. Though even if he did, I'd just argue that Spider-Man has access to tech from Tony Stark, The Fantastic Four or shield.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 7 years ago
I-am-a-panda
Does Batman have all of his kit or is it excluded due to 'no prior preparation'?
Posted by Realist 7 years ago
Realist
As if Batman could win. He's not even a proper superhero. The only power he has is an overpowered bank account. This debate is unwinnable from a Pro position lol.
Vote Placed by MikeyMike 4 years ago
MikeyMike
Logical-MasterCHEIF_BEASTTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro pissed me off with his lack of intelligence.
Vote Placed by GeorgeCarlinWorshipper 7 years ago
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Logical-MasterCHEIF_BEASTTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Logical-MasterCHEIF_BEASTTied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
Logical-MasterCHEIF_BEASTTied