mcmc101010
Willoweed

Resolved: In the United States, current income disparities threaten democratic ideals.

Willoweed

mcmc101010

Pro

I would like my opponent to provide their own defenitions in this round to accomodate to their debating prefferance.
Willoweed

Con

"Democracy" is generally defined as a form of government in which all citizens have an equal vote/say in what the government does and who is in charge of that government. So a democracy is where every person has the ability to vote.
I define "ideal" generally as something that embodies (the epitome) a concept. So one of the many examples of an ideal of democracy would be the absence of a poll tax, or the absence of a test that one must pass before being able to vote.
Therefore I'd generally define "democratic ideals" as something that allows everyone to be able to vote and participate in how they are governed.
I am more than perfectly fine if my opponent tweaks my definitions a bit, and I wish my opponent good luck and hope they have fun.
mcmc101010

Pro

mcmc101010 forfeited this round.
Willoweed

Con

I'd say that income disparities do not threaten democratic ideals; considering having people who have different income in no way whatsoever takes away anyone's right to vote.
mcmc101010

Pro

mcmc101010 forfeited this round.
Willoweed

Con

Opponet forfeitted
mcmc101010

Pro

mcmc101010 forfeited this round.
Willoweed

Con

Income inequality doesn't affect democratic ideals because income inequality doesn't prevent anyone from voting or anything of the source
Posted by payneele000 5 years ago
payneele000
I really like the sort of framework on the con. That could have potential for awesomeness, I like things like that. I'm trying to really shape my con case.
Posted by gordi9 5 years ago
gordi9
you are awesome
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
mcmc101010WilloweedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious, although CON definitely misunderstood what the resolution called for by Democratic ideals, but Pros forfeit gives him victory.