nashbill9
DrStrangeLuv

Resolved: In the United States, juveniles charged with violent felonies ought to be treated as adult

nashbill9

Pro

I will let my opponent go first
DrStrangeLuv

Con

Hey Pro, thanks for making the debate.

Before we start I'd like to say that since the age of majority in most states is 18 that we keep it at that. Any debate over this number is not allowed since the topic at hand is whether those below 18 should be tried as adults for violent felonies.

Since your Pro on this, you need to provide your argument first. All I'm going to do is hold the status quo, which is that:

1) Juveniles are minors, and since minors do not have the same rights and standing as adults, they cannot be charged as adults.

2) I'd like to point out also that adults "should" have a full realization of right and wrong, whereas minors cannot be held legally accountable for that, and thus cannot be charged as severely. One big difference is that minors require a parent/guardian, and this is because they are legally not capable of caring for themselves. They are seen as developing, and have not come to terms with their emotions, humanity or morality at this point.

3) Children have violent tendencies, we cannot make the distinction between felony and violent felony in the first place.
nashbill9

Pro

nashbill9 forfeited this round.
DrStrangeLuv

Con

my argument stands
nashbill9

Pro

nashbill9 forfeited this round.
DrStrangeLuv

Con

DrStrangeLuv forfeited this round.
Posted by Sky_ace25 5 years ago
Sky_ace25
Case snatcher!
Posted by Cobo 5 years ago
Cobo
What is with everyone using the NFL topic?