C-Mach
Danononian

Resolved: Income Taxation in General is Better four Us All.

Con Tied Pro

C-Mach

Con

Income tax defined: "a tax levied on the financial income of people, corporations,
or other legal entities."

Using this definition, I will seek to defend the position of not levying any taxes on the financial incomes of people, corporations, or other legal entities, and I consider the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America to merely legalize extortion of incomes by the federal and state governments. I would like my opponent to prove me otherwise.
Danononian

Pro

I would first like to say I accept ur debate and I hope to have fun. But now for the topic our government is in at least a trillion dollars in debt and because, of bush's policies that he will be lighter on taxes for the rich and not the poor our country is not having the full amount of money it needs to be able to function and get out of this debt, also our public school system is so bad right now that at least 250,000 teachers a year are quitting because, of how low their pay checks are. Many of our politicians (Obama) have said,"we need smaller classes and higher wages for the teachers."Where are we supposed to get that money.From the rich who have a large income may benefit the country
C-Mach

Con

"Our government is in at least a trillion dollars in debt and because of Bush's policies that [Obama] will be lighter on taxes for the rich and not for the poor[. ]Our country is not having the full amount of money it needs to be able to function and get out of this debt."

Couldn't not spending be a better solution?

"Our public school system is so bad right now that at least 250,000 teachers a year are quitting because of how low their pay checks are."

1._ Where did you get the statistics that 250,000 teachers a year are quitting for the reason of low paychecks?
2._ Is $40,000 a reasonable amount of money to be made in a 9-month year?

http://www.payscale.com...

Where are we supposed to get that money[? ]From the rich[,] who have a large income may benefit the country.

How may it benefit the country? Before the economic crisis, what happened with the United Arab Emirates, which have no income tax? Let's see, several American companies (Most notably Haliburton) have moved to Dubai. Result: Economy took off like a rocket!

http://www.infoprod.co.il...

Your rebuttal, Danononian?
Danononian

Pro

when u have said that the United Arab emirates had many companies, like haliburton go to dubai, and their economy went off like a rocket. Our economy is in such a mess right now, so they are shameful to take american jobs and end them overseas.Also I got my statistics from this site:

http://www.education.com...

If it is not in blue I have no idea why, also with inflation rising and the demand for more money and better services from teachers rise better teachers will find new jobs in other schools that pay more and leave our schools with the idiot teachers in fact. My 7th grade math teacher didnt even know how to do the most basic stuff such as multiplying fractions,dividing decimals and many more easy simple things that was easy to learn ( I learned math on my own course) and she was payed about 20 grand a year.

Also when you say not spending is a good thing, many people who have many kids and are working as hard as possible in order to feed their family cannot afford the payments when they live in a country with the constitution that has the 3 words "We the people ....". Also during the rain of King Louis XVI and Mary Antoinette, many people were starving because, they had no help from their queen or king to survive or get wheat from, instead many people in order to survive had resorted to cannibalism and prostitution, though not much cannibalism today because, it is looked down upon but more of prostitution because,some people in the U.S have a hard time living and had to resort to many horrible things in order to survive.(I know I may have gone off topic for a bit in one part of the argument and I do apologize)
C-Mach

Con

Thank you for your continued interest in this debate, Danononian.

"With inflation rising and the demand for more money and better services from teachers rise[,] better teachers will find new jobs in other schools that pay more and leave our schools with the idiot teachers[,] in fact. My 7th grade math teacher didn[']t even know how to do the most basic stuff[,] such as multiplying fractions, dividing decimals[,] and many more easy simple things that w[ere] easy to learn... and she was pa[i]d about [$]20[,000 per] year."

May I remind you that the average teacher salaries that I used to support my argument are from public schools, not Catholic schools, which is exactly what you attended in seventh grade.

"Also[,] when you say not spending is a good thing, many people who have many kids... are working as hard as possible in order to feed their family cannot afford the payments when they live in a country with [a] constitution that has the [three] words, 'We the people...'"

1._ I know, poverty is very, very sad, but extorting money from the most productive members of society is not the
solution. In fact, it contributes to the everlasting problem of poverty, as those productive members of society
cannot afford to ask those in poverty to perform services in which those in poverty would receive financial
compensation for those services. It is ludicrous.
2._ "... When they live in a country with [a] constitution that has the [three] words, 'We the people...'" is a non
sequitur, and is misleading.

"Also[,] during the r[eig]n of King Louis XVI and Mar[ie] Antoinette, many people were starving because they had no help from their queen or king to survive or get wheat from. Instead[,] many people[,] in order to survive[,] had resorted to cannibalism and prostitution..."

Forget the wheat! What about the potatoes Louis XVI advised the peasants to plant for human consumption? The peasants did not listen and starved to death as a result. It was a very sad example of ignorance.

As you can see, my opponent has not proved to me that income taxation in general is better for us all. I have arrived ate the conclusion of this debate. Thank you all.
Danononian

Pro

"May I remind you that the average teacher salaries that I used to support my argument are from public schools, not Catholic schools, which is exactly what you attended in seventh grade."

Yes I did go to catholic school but I also happen to know that some teachers from LAUSD do to a lack of funds are quitting because, the salaries are getting lower for many teachers.

"I know, poverty is very, very sad, but extorting money from the most productive members of society is not the
compensation for those services. It is ludicrous."

Also do to Bill Clinton's policies of five years of welfare services the percentage of the unemployed decreased by 35%

Now for any of the people's comments I would like to point out yes King Louis XVI did have taxes on his peasants but those taxes went to the King and queen only and not the peasants who have risen up against him. That is the same thing the Mr.Cmach has said "Couldn't not spending be a better solution?", This is an exact quote from line four round two. That Line has the same definition as the Famous Line "Let them eat cake", from Marry Antoinette , showing great disregard for the people and their well being. I am done with my case and I would like to say thank you here are some links for more info about my back up.

Posted by C-Mach 8 years ago
C-Mach
Flare_Corran, don't like it? Debate it!
Posted by Flare_Corran 8 years ago
Flare_Corran
I hate all these debates between people who actually know each other.
Posted by Danononian 8 years ago
Danononian
seriously who else voted
Posted by Danononian 8 years ago
Danononian
BTW I meant send in one of the paragraphs of round 2
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
C-MachDanononianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side made sustained coherent arguments directed at the resolution, just random comments. Pro's ref didn't support his claim. Many obvious spelling errors.
Vote Placed by C-Mach 8 years ago
C-Mach
C-MachDanononianTied
Vote Placed by Danononian 8 years ago
Danononian
C-MachDanononianTied
Vote Placed by SPF 8 years ago
SPF
C-MachDanononianTied
Vote Placed by Flare_Corran 8 years ago
Flare_Corran
C-MachDanononianTied
Vote Placed by LB628 8 years ago
LB628
C-MachDanononianTied