BillyTheKids
wolfman4711

Resolved: It would be beneficial for teachers to have guns at school, in certain/any enviroment

wolfman4711

BillyTheKids

Pro

The first round is for ACCEPTANCE only! Then this format?

2: Opening Arguments

3: Rebuttal/Support

4: Rebuttal/Support

5:Closing Statements
wolfman4711

Con

BillyTheKids

Pro

First and for most, I would like to thank my opponent for debating this with me, and that he does not skip a lot of rounds like most of my arguments.

I believe that guns should be allowed to be held by teachers at school.

First, the teacher would have to have the right amount of training and meet certain requirements before being able to obtain this weapon. I believe that the teachers that have obtained these weapons should have the training of how to use them, so they do not harm any of the people at risk in the process of using such a weapon.

Secondly, the teacher must have the right safety precautions in motion. If they are to keep a fire arm with them, they will not be allowed to have the gun case unlocked any time, unless there is an emergency. Also, if they do unlock the desk there must also be a combination key to the lock on the gun trigger that has an easy set of numbers that the teacher could remember, e.g. their birth year. The school would also have the combination so that if there was a substitute teacher in the class that day, they would also have the combination.

If the teacher had the gun in the classroom with them in an emergency, like the Sandy Hook and Columbine shootings they would be able to shorten some if not all of the death toll that would happen as well as keep a safer environment where the students and teachers would know that they were safer. This could ultimately lead to better grades because the students would feel safer, and there would be less fear through out the day of certain situations happening.

Also, if the teacher felt like they were in a safer environment that would also have an effect on there teaching and could lead to them having a better teaching experience, and a more steady job and income. As well as the teacher may have more of an income because they are protecting their students and the parents might pay more to ensure that there is better protection for their kids.

Overall, if a school were to allow teachers to have weapons in a controlled environment, it would lead to better grades, income and security throughout the school.

Sources: My thoughts ;D, no seriously.
wolfman4711

Con

First i would like to thank the instigator for creating this debate. Sadly this is supposed to be my opening argument though my opponent covers most of the factors for this argument so I am going use a more of an rebuttal approach/ telling my opponent why his statement is false. Mostly because I feel my opponent has to have the burden of proof.

First the teacher would have to have the right amount of training and meet certain requirements before being able to obtain this weapon. I belive that the teachers that have obtained these weapons should have training on how to use them, so they do not harm any of the people at risk in the process of using such a weapon.

So the teacher has to equire more training sessions to obtain these weapons, which means more work for teachers but of the same pay roll. Second training won't help a person not to want to kill someone. there were over 50 teachers who "raped" there students in 2012 in the district of port saint lucie county itself. Is it safe to even have one of theses teachers have a gun? One man could easily kill a full classroom of students.

Secondly, the teacher must have the right saftey precautions in motion. If they are to keep a fire arm with them, they will not have the gun case unlocked at any time, unless there is an emergancy. Also , if they do unlock the desk there has to be an combination key to the lock on the gun trigger that has an easy set of numbers that the the teacher could easily remeber, e.g. their birth year. The school would also have the combination so that if there were a subsitute teacher in that class that day , they would also have the combination.

If the teacher came in a emeergancy I feel it would take to long to get the gun out to shoot. Second giving an subsitute teacher a combination to a gun? That completly destroys your first argument for the need of training. Subsitutes are a mistory and definatly are very likely to kill students over a "trained teacher". At least another teacher should use the gun instead of the subsitute.

Third paragraph.... I want to stop writing so much so i can have room for my other arguments. This could ultimatly lead to better grades because the students would feel safer, and there would be less fear through the day of certain situations happening.

First off students feeling safe has never been a major problem. Students have always felt safe because it is very unlikely to have a gunman come to there school or district. Second it would not make the schools safer but more unsafe because there are questonable teachers with armed weapons on campus in locked class rooms. And it would not make students feel better because they would be worrying about the loaded weapon. Many high school students may also post threats of breaking in to steal the gun.

So in conclusion gun ownership would not reduce crime rates but increase them. It would be better to have a threat of a gunman for two minutesevery decade then the constent threat of a teacher. Another thing I would like to mention is would the teacher also bring the armed weapons with them while walking in the halls?
BillyTheKids

Pro

BillyTheKids forfeited this round.
wolfman4711

Con

Billy has given up due to my extraordinary argument!!! Vote con!
BillyTheKids

Pro

BillyTheKids forfeited this round.
wolfman4711

Con

Forfeited
BillyTheKids

Pro

nol iev been busy, good win :D
wolfman4711

Con

wolfman4711 forfeited this round.
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
I urge my opponent to debate, because when I have no one to debate it is no fun.
Vote Placed by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
BillyTheKidswolfman4711Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.